Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87888 times)

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
posting just cause: my team right now is mainly mai/yuri
3rd character is either kula, hwa jai, terry or saiki. i really want to use nests kyo when he comes out though

excited for next two days
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 06:28:04 AM »
good meetup
wont do shoutouts because im tired and must energize for tomorrow
had me, oldboy, transient, jet(good surprise!), metal, blackjack
no oso surprisingly, no ronin
mostly played kof13 but played some bb near the end with oldboy which was good

mai zoning is gdlk. yuri damage and pressure is godlike. terry is godlike.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:20:42 AM by mightfo »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
Don't forget, Maxima is also godlike.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
Easy on the triple posting, please just use the edit function. -Kane317

---

ahaha i didnt get to fight maxima any iirc :(

hopefully i will tomorrow!

oh yeah, SHOUTOUTS TO YURI BASKETBALL COMBOS OFF COMMAND GRAB

just fyi pfhor and woof wont be coming :<

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:41:23 PM by Kane317 »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 08:22:28 AM »
That's was a fun session today and it was nice to meet a lot of people. Haha I'm not looking forward to see my videos. It was my day 1 on that game and I played really bad.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
godlike meetup
had like 12 people. 4 setups, mostly kof, sometimes blaz, a little umvc3. everyone who missed it should feel hella jealous

shoutouts to kof13 for being godlike
shoutouts to frigid for coming again
shoutouts to metal, blackjack, jet, transient, and oldboy for coming two days in a row. stay godlike
shoutouts to yuri command grab->ranbu
shoutouts to mai zoning when she has meter
shoutouts to sometimes throwing off mai's neomax randomly and it just being blocked(if it hit, it wasnt random, i promise. but if it got blocked, it was just me freaking out)
shoutouts to being scrubby as shit vs dark geese and not knowing how to really establish/get out of pressure and eating tons of dps. salt salt salt
shoutouts to shen woo for being a baller
shoutouts to safe ranbus
shoutouts to kensou's tall-ass fireball
shoutouts to everything else i forgot

hopefully someone can host next weekend but it doesnt seem so. I guess i'll see ya'll at TBF6.

That's was a fun session today and it was nice to meet a lot of people. Haha I'm not looking forward to see my videos. It was my day 1 on that game and I played really bad.

haha dont worry, we all did embarrassing shit, inclunding me. (lol neomax)

regardless, i look forward to at least learning stuff about billy pressure/neutral from the vids. and i do feel like i was better than in 2002um since i have a much clearer idea of things and actually do some combos and. hopefully next time i will be able to apply what i know better though

but yeah, that was one of the best meetups in quite a while. that kof13 hype is in full force.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »
double posting so that people can see that there's new content without having to check if i edited my post

hopefully will attend TBF6(i dont have any finals that day but there is a chance shit will be moved, sadly, should know by wednesday) and enter dat kof and dat blaz but i wont be a ton better than the last meetup due to finals eating my time, but it depends on how this one paper goes

after that, ill definitely host on the 17th, and may host on the 16th(however apparently the srk meetup place in plano, house of goons or something, is doing a lot of kof lately so i might go to that friday/wednesday of that week. but it depends on when they start etc)

after that ill be with my parents the 18th-28thish but will host again on the 30th or 31st, so yeah, that's the plan

i will be up for weekday stuff after the 10th too so if you live nearby and just wanna drop by on a tuesday afternoon for some stuff give me a text

also NEC finals were godlike

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:14 AM »
I got finals on saturday but its no big deal plus the class is a piece of cake. Probably the 17th will be last time I will show up on the session until winter break is over.

NEC was awesome just wish they would stream more instead of top 4

oldboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:10 AM »
I got finals on saturday but its no big deal plus the class is a piece of cake. Probably the 17th will be last time I will show up on the session until winter break is over.

NEC was awesome just wish they would stream more instead of top 4

the 8wayrun stream had a good amount of kof action. Check the archive of their twitch channel.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:45 AM »
Who all is going to TBF6? It is in Plano this time, like 15 minutes from my place or something like that, $5 venue, $5 bb, $5 kof13, saturday.

Next week, I think this is what I'll do:

I'll host saturday the 17th, 3pm-10pm, usual stuff.
I'll host friday and possibly wednesday from like 2:30-8pm or something like that. People who want to go to Goons on those days could come by and then leave early for goons. Hopefully I'll be up for going as well one of those days.
So yeah, Three meetups! Flexibleness! Goons is also close to my place soooo that's pretty easymode.

Hope everyone comes by for some KOF and Animooo.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:34 AM »
I'm going this saturday. I never heard of goons and don't know where it is

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 06:55:55 AM »
this is a short bb vid but i think ya'll will get a kick out of it:

I'm going this saturday. I never heard of goons and don't know where it is

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dallas-texas-6-2-dfw-metro-area-check-first-post-for-meet-up-and-tournament-info.137139/
SRK used to only have a fort worth meetup for a while, but now they have a plano place again now. They start later though, like 7ish, which is part of why we usually dont go there. But they play a decent amount of KOF now I hear?? It is close to my place. If you come by my place one of those days and someone who has been there like ronin does as well you could get directions easy and such.

i really want rekka kyo

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
Will the tourney this saturday have flame iori unlocked? I need a new second, kim isn't working out, and I would like to know if I need to practice with someone else before I go all crazy practicing a character that ain't gonna be available. I also plan on coming on the 17th. DG may come this weekend, but he said if he did he won't compete (thank god), though he may challenge the winner. I'll have to ask him about the 17th.

I wish things were working out with kim better. But last time I lost a bunch of matches that I had a heavy life lead on (dat Maxima!) because kim wasn't carrying his weight like my other 2 guys.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 08:12:52 AM »
Will the tourney this saturday have flame iori unlocked?

perhaps, but they had issues with not having mu/dlc charas for bb unlocked for a long time so i wouldnt count on it.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
Bryan says he's going to the tournament this weekend, but he may not get to compete because he busted his hand in a car wreck today. It doesn't seem like it is broken, but he's getting an x-ray just in case. I still have to ask him if he's coming the 17th.