Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87946 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
Feels good to know my Maxima kicked enough ass last night to get 2 shout outs. :)

I can come in on Sundays, but I prefer not to. I work very early in the morning on weekdays which means I won't be able to stay as late on Sundays. However, I will do what I have to. This shit is in my blood now!

@DemonDiz:  I got to say your style of play is the kind that frustrates me the most. I'm not saying this to complain or make you feel bad. It's actually a good thing because it's a play style I need to learn how to overcome. I look forward to the next meetup. Kensou isn't going to have it as easy next time!!! *evil laugh*

@Blackjack:  Really bad ass matches dude! You were hella fun to play against.

As always, I'm going to post our vids in the video thread as soon as DG has them all up. I have been looking at the ones he has up so far and I can tell we are all getting better.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
I might be hosting sunday this week, saturday/friday may not work out for me. Will confirm later in the week.
Also, someone else(Frigid or Jet) may be hosting instead(would probably be saturday in that case?), they're about 20 minutes south of me in Dallas itself. I'll PM people the address for whoever if that does happen. Their places are bigger than mine and they dont end their meetups as early. :P

also, not kof, but metal mentioned the game to me at a meetup before so: most of the matches in this made me hype for chaos code again. Console port pleeaaase! I wasnt hype for a while because I didnt see good matches post-release, but this shit is good. Skip round one in match one if you dont like any runaway, though I think it was still an interesting round.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »
I wont be hosting sunday. So, meetup will be at frigid's, either friday starting at 6pm or saturday starting in the afternoon. Post your preferences.(I will PM ya'll the address for frigid's place)

BTW metal, tell me if DG has any preferences regarding day.(Or I can just contact him on youtube i guess)

Also, would any of you be able to pick me up? (I'm more likely to be able to go friday, btw.)

(dear mods: i wanna make sure people see that there is a new post and respond, thus the "double post")

Don't worry about the double post, you're good. - FataCon
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:22:42 AM by FataCon »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2012, 06:35:53 AM »
Here is the new pad from Madcatz MLG Pro Circuit controller with interchangeable parts. It cost 99.99 and it is available right now

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/2698422/mad-catzs-mlg-pro-circuit-game-controller-availability

DemonDiz

• New Challenger
  • XBL: DemonDiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
I got to say your style of play is the kind that frustrates me the most. I'm not saying this to complain or make you feel bad. It's actually a good thing because it's a play style I need to learn how to overcome. I look forward to the next meetup. Kensou isn't going to have it as easy next time!!! *evil laugh*

Hey! I rush down sometimes...with my one combo... xD

heh, I look forward to it, too. Now that my first appearance is out of the way, I should do a bit better than Maxima Press target practice, right? ^_^

I wont be hosting sunday. So, meetup will be at frigid's, either friday starting at 6pm or saturday starting in the afternoon. Post your preferences.(I will PM ya'll the address for frigid's place)

Saturday. If I can pull Friday at all, I'll probably be pretty late.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:44:18 AM by DemonDiz »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2012, 01:23:49 AM »
Frigid will be hosting saturday, 3/3:30pm until late at night. PMing everyone his address. Blackjack, can you come and bring a setup?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2012, 06:59:23 AM »
@Mightfo: I'm pretty sure DG doesn't care much which day either way, but I'll ask him anyway. Also, I can give you a ride on Saturday if you need it.

@DemonDiz: Well I'm only going to use Maxima Press as long as people are falling for it. It's a stupidly unsafe move and it's near impossible to land the D version on some one who's on to it. So I'm sure it won't be a big deal for you much longer. But don't worry, I have picked up more nasty tricks with him since we fought so it ain't going to be easy either way. *more evil laughs*

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
@Mightfo: I'm pretty sure DG doesn't care much which day either way, but I'll ask him anyway. Also, I can give you a ride on Saturday if you need it.
DG said he probably wont be able to.
Thanks, but It looks like edge will be giving me a ride. If that changes i'll let you know.

blackjack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2012, 04:12:07 AM »
Frigid will be hosting saturday, 3/3:30pm until late at night. PMing everyone his address. Blackjack, can you come and bring a setup?

Yeah I can bring a setup. I just need the address to where the next meetup will be.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2012, 04:34:33 AM »

Yeah I can bring a setup. I just need the address to where the next meetup will be.
I think I pmed it to you..if you didnt get it, tell me.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
god damn i am hype. Saturday is looking pretty big. At least 12 people, possibly 21 if everyone who has a decent chance of coming does so. Got at least 5 setups planned, 2 of frigid's, blackjack's, and 2 melty setups. As pfhor said, if you want to try melty, fucking do it, now's a great chance.(they'll have at least 5 melty players there saturday)

If it is *easy* for anyone to bring one more set up(which may or may not be used for KOF depending on people like jet, frigid) then that may be good.(this doesnt apply to you metal, that CRT is too fucking huge, lmao)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:20:25 AM by mightfo »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2012, 01:12:26 AM »
Here's a little highlight from our last meetup. Go to the 1min 30sec mark. It's cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ff5DuHR4N1s#t=90s

I admit I'm boosting my own ego a little bit by posting that, but it's a damn cool moment regardless. The rest of our matches are posted in the KOFXIII video thread.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:16:54 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »
Late, but gate code is #1511

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
Meetup was fucking amazing.

Shoutouts to having 18 people and 6 setups.
Shoutouts to blazblue hype.
Shoutouts to dat melty, that game is fun and i'm glad the melty scene came, looking forward to playing that more.
Shoutouts to autoguard
Shoutouts to frigid for hosting
Shoutouts to everyone who brought setups(blackjack, cookie, oldboy, uhh i think one of the pc setups was texas tim's, frigid's obviously, and divided's big tv)
Shoutouts to arakune and carl for being hype
Shoutouts to mu mirrors
Shoutouts to "I SHOT A BITCH"
Shoutouts to failed frkz
Shoutouts to anti crossup jabs
Shoutouts to everyone for coming out and being awesome!

Good shit. I probably wont be able to host next weekend, hopefully frigid can. We'll see.

By the way, sorry about the confusion about the location of frigid's apartment and sorry for posting the gate code late and stuff. Especially sorry to metal and demondiz. Glad you got some good KOF in though!

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:44 PM »
Yesterday was good. I finally managed to get maxima to land df+c, dp+k after landing a counter hit with his vapor cannon. Had really good matches with blackjack. I swear every one got down to the wire. Would have played him more but I lost all feeling in my ass from sitting on the floor.

I tried to learn a little melty, but didn't get very far cause I was using a stick. I'll plug a pad into that next time.