Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319065 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »
i think i will have to wait at least 1 extra week to get the game becasue i would do it like i did with XII.All these rumors about a laggy online are not cool news for me right now.A lot of people say the online is good on dreamcancel....can they show it in a 1 min video?

it should look something like this and both players should have a decent connexion..if possible cable

KOF XII online Test - 13/06/2011

I am interested in the experience people will have with XIII with a decent connexion.The rest should get better internet.
Man, since I have the game I did a few couple of matchs, with guys from EU, HK, and US (i'm in EU)!
What I can say to you, is that (I repeat myself):
Its extremely rare I can play a match with an US guy in SSF4 with red connection (1 bar)
But with 13, I was able to do most of matchs, thing I never can do in SF...
And  2 bars ist playable
3 bars its not so bad, almost no lag
4 bars its very well, no lag

IMO, I think, that 13's netcode, its maybe better than that SF or equal quality!

BTW, @BIOBOOSTER, have you the game? I would like to test that, between EU and JP!  :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:47:58 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
This review is the best

"Executing combos and special attacks – a necessity for winning – is nigh impossible, especially with the precision and timing required."

http://gamerant.com/the-king-of-fighters-13-reviews-mole-117537/

Score 1/5

LOL, who did this review? A Wii Sports player?
The most funny thing is he is saying 8 button attack to  any qcf moves. Apparently these are the buttons he is forced to use to progress;  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;ub ;up ;uf plus  ;a ;b ;c ;d. ROFL!

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
played quite a few matches and I have to say aside from the 2 bar connection it plays great. Was able to hit bnb's consistently and overall had a great time. But when I played 2 bar connection I was getting hit with random reversal on wake up. Even when I bait it i get hit but like I said 3 and up are good. Avoid 2 bars connection and you will be good.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »
@Ky0, I sadly, sadly report that my Japanese copy won't be in my hands till the first :(

Would love to test w/u but given the time involved you'll probably get a few JPN player encounters before that. That is not to say I won't be playing ;) Will add you to my friends list as I pine away for my copy!

Big ups for the netcode review - really encouraged by most of what I hear XD

@kofoguz a few DC-ers including myself have left our reviewer some comments ;)
He has taken down the review...no one said anything rude, just astute observations and remarks.
(kinda wish he didn't take it down, was fun watching a bunch of folks say what was obvious)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »
played quite a few matches and I have to say aside from the 2 bar connection it plays great. Was able to hit bnb's consistently and overall had a great time. But when I played 2 bar connection I was getting hit with random reversal on wake up. Even when I bait it i get hit but like I said 3 and up are good. Avoid 2 bars connection and you will be good.

Ah.. Another satisfied customer....can't wait!!

ZenTzen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
This review is the best

"Executing combos and special attacks – a necessity for winning – is nigh impossible, especially with the precision and timing required."

Score 1/5

The most funny thing is he is saying 8 button attack to  any qcf moves. Apparently these are the buttons he is forced to use to progress;  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;ub ;up ;uf plus  ;a ;b ;c ;d. ROFL!
Lol, the page got deleted.
Figure with the amount of hate on that review

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
This review is the best

Score 1/5

Lol, the page got deleted.
Figure with the amount of hate on that review
Darn I missed out on all the fun.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15:21 PM »
anybody on xbox wanna try to test the netcode a bit?

my gamer tag is Xxenace

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
Basically, I added onto Running Wild's comment by saying:

The 8 button thing... If I'm interpreting your meaning correctly, this is probably in SF terms a fireball followed by a yoga-flame (or hurricane kick followed by reverse yoga-flame) and then a button. Really? you could not pull this off?

Many Street Fighter supers are often fireball x 2 and then a button, that's 7 inputs...

Others who have reviewed the game don't seem to have difficulty with this and I'm afraid to ask what other fighting games you are comparing KOF with (Clay Fighter or Shaq-fu?).

Please consider what you're doing before you write something like this. It's clear that you have not spent much time with the game nor do you seem qualified to rate any fighting game other than maybe Smash Bros.

I would post his here too, but I foolishly refreshed the page as I was loving the comments from all types of folks and wanted to see who would be next to add to the entertainment.

Nice comment btw Running Wild \(^o^)/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:23:28 PM by BioBooster »

ZenTzen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
Going by what he wrote in the review, the guy was inputing each  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd etc, individually, how retarded is that, its like the guy never played a FG, or at the very least only MK

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:35 PM »
Lol the review was erased

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
*playing it* =D

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Going by what he wrote in the review, the guy was inputing each  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd etc, individually, how retarded is that, its like the guy never played a FG, or at the very least only MK

LOL maybe he thought it was  ;bk neutral ;db neutral ;dn neutral  etc.

Raahahhaha

The Light

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
Just in case anyone missed out:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DN4XNyK_u_EJ:gamerant.com/the-king-of-fighters-13-reviews-mole-117537/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
That review is hilarious. I was hoping it was just one of those joke reviews for laughs, but since it was taken down the reviewer must have been serious.
If you doubt me I'll show you the light.