Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319096 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1005 on: January 12, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
much as i like kof i would like for it to take the back seat for a while would like to see a new fatal fury,samsho, last blade,ngbc, or hell even a new ip if there up for it

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »
With a new OAV & live action movie coming this year I'll mention it again. Playmore needs the license to do a Rurouni Kenshin game. The new animation style, great play control and, characters that would be fun to play in a serious fighter why not? Hell Playmore has already worked with the creator on SSV you'd think it could be done.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 12, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »
much as i like kof i would like for it to take the back seat for a while would like to see a new fatal fury,samsho, last blade,ngbc, or hell even a new ip if there up for it

I really like SNK's characters and with the new HD sprites of KoFXIII (and a solid gameplay system) I would be totally down for a new NGBC.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:39 AM »
With a new OAV & live action movie coming this year I'll mention it again. Playmore needs the license to do a Rurouni Kenshin game. The new animation style, great play control and, characters that would be fun to play in a serious fighter why not? Hell Playmore has already worked with the creator on SSV you'd think it could be done.

I don't think SNK is likely to get the license to do a game on an anime, though that would definitely put them with the likes of Namco and Capcom, who have done anime fighting games.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »
Rurouni Kenshin x Last Blade = money

Actuall, versus samsho will be more money, but I want to see LB because they are closer from an era perspective

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 13, 2012, 05:33:24 AM »
Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences AKA AIAS's awards

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/uncharted-3-leads-aias-2011-award-nominations/

Fighting Game of the Year
• Fight Night Champion
• King of Fighters XIII
• Mortal Kombat
• Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition
• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 13, 2012, 06:49:42 AM »
Rurouni Kenshin x Last Blade = money

Quite f--king true. Great idea, but much as I like Sannosuke, Aoshi, and Saitoh, the LB cast still wins in regards to which I'd like to see next and updated. Feels like LB as got a lot of RK in it anway:
-Washizusa is pretty much pre-Meiji Saito
-Hibiki is close enough to Kenshin for me
-Shishio is separated into Shinnosuke and Mukuro
-Moriya as got that overall Aoshi feel
-etc

Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences AKA AIAS's awards

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/uncharted-3-leads-aias-2011-award-nominations/
Fighting Game of the Year
• Fight Night Champion
• King of Fighters XIII
• Mortal Kombat
• Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition
• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

No offense to the other entries, but why not just MK or KOFXIII. And a huge LOL to SSF4:3D Ed.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:41 AM »

Quite f--king true. Great idea, but much as I like Sannosuke, Aoshi, and Saitoh, the LB cast still wins in regards to which I'd like to see next and updated. Feels like LB as got a lot of RK in it anway:
-Washizusa is pretty much pre-Meiji Saito
-Hibiki is close enough to Kenshin for me
-Shishio is separated into Shinnosuke and Mukuro
-Moriya as got that overall Aoshi feel
-etc
Time for me to show my nerd card!

Kenshin = Moriya.
Saitou = Washizuka.
Okita = Kojiroh.
Shishio = Mukuro.
Sojirou = Hibiki.
Aoshi = Kagami.
Misao = Akari.
Jin-e = Zantetsu.
Enishi = Setsuna.
Raijuta = Musashi.

There's probably more (like, LB's Okina MAY have been influenced by Kenshin's Okina, and LB's Shigen MAY have been influenced by Kenshin's Anji), but these are just the utmost obvious parallels.

Other expies in the game are Kaede (got that Super Saiyan thing going on) and Rekka (Jet Li's take on Wong Fei Hung almost to a freakin' T).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:09:15 AM by the7k »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1013 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:17 AM »
Awesome, we got Rurouni Kenshin fans up in here.

For years I thought a Rurouni Kenshin game using SNK's Last Blade style would be awesome.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 13, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »
Awesome, we got Rurouni Kenshin fans up in here.

For years I thought a Rurouni Kenshin game using SNK's Last Blade style would be awesome.

Early in MUGEN's life (back when it was all DOS based) there was a guy who converted Washizuka, Kagami and Hibiki into Saitou, Aoshi and Sojirou respectively. It was ... pretty bad ass. Even used cut-scenes from the show when you finished an opponent off with a super move.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 13, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
Okay, I think I found my team through a lot of experimentation. Not trying to boost my ego, but I think it's interesting to talk about our team formation and why.

1st: Clark. Just an overall great character. Only downfall is that on 1st he might have a tough time with fireball spam but it doesn't take long to build that meter and it all it takes is for him to get in once to really fuck shit up.

2nd: Hwa. Standing D is a good poke. Good AA SRK's. Dragon Tail is obviously not a good AA like Joe's equivalent move but it's a good lock down move if they're on the ground. I like comboing into his Slide into Dragon Tail. And most importantly his Grab supers. They make him scary for sure and I can think of some dirty setups, not as dirty as say Robert or Yuri, but dirty enough ;). He will always be on 2nd because he absolutely needs that meter and DC for big damage.

3rd: Billy. Honestly Billy and Clark's positions are interchangeable depending on matchup. But I just love his rushdown and he has some good defensive options too. I can do at least one of his fancy corner combos (which will probably be known as his BnB corner combo soon enough) but my problem is trying to land it in the first place. I partly blame this on my Hori controller which for some reason makes it really hard to combo off of crB into his Up kicks. Hopefully the new Logitech I ordered will fix this.

Things to do: Learn Clark's Hyper Drive Charge Punch combos into Neo Max. Is Hwa's Neo Max practical? I've tried landing either of his Supers and I input the Neo Max during that time and it never once has come out. How safe is Hwa's Slide into B Dragon Tail? I have to learn Billy's Hyper Drive Combos.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Hace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 13, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
Hwa's neomax from his command grab is seriously great if you can set it up properly, you get 700 free damage, which is a great way to end a round/match.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 13, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
Man I want to go to that Rochester tourney, but that shit is 4 hours away and I have no ride  :(
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 13, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
Damn i havent touched XIII since mid december because i have been away. Need to step it up asap right after the exams are done in feb.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1019 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
Man I want to go to that Rochester tourney, but that shit is 4 hours away and I have no ride  :(

You'd blow everybody up, Rochester is free in non-Capcom games

I'm the only one with a primarily SNK background.