Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71530 times)

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
I think only ex Buster Wolf punishes stuff since it goes through projectiles.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
Level 1 can punish Andy's db-f.p and Athena's f.b. So I'm pretty sure if you're quick enough you can punish those pesky moves made safe by spacing.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
Level 1 can punish Andy's db-f.p and Athena's f.b. So I'm pretty sure if you're quick enough you can punish those pesky moves made safe by spacing.

That is actually good to know. I can punish Zaineken with something other than sweep. That also means you could punish things like Chin's backfist after his rolling punch. Maybe even dealing with Ralf's b~f+P moves that end up too far away.

So just wanted to post this up:

KOFXIII Tips & Tricks Volume IV - Corner crossups

Why is this relevant? Well, been playing with Terry and noticed that if you cross someone under and hit them with a d.B at the right time, they're stuck in backturned. You could potentially carry them all the way to the corner with a basic bread and butter. You can actually do Buster Wolf and it does not change people around. They'll get up backturned. You could do this really funky corner cross up on peeps off of punishing people for jumping too high. If they're not paying attention to them getting up backturned, they'll get hit by your cross up.

So, say you had 4 meter full drive. You punish them with a combo ending in EX Buster Wolf. They get knocked down and you hop over them for that corner cross up and score it. On the way back, you end this one in EX Power Geyser.

461 + 541 = 1002 dmg for one mistake. That's brutal.

With less meter, less dangerous, but still that's pretty dirty.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:33:34 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »
Except for one problem Reiki, which Dandy brought up in the vid.

If the opponent techs, they're no longer backturned and thus can't be crossed up.

Both Buster Wolfs can be teched, and it's highly unlikely the opponent WON'T tech, so idk how helpful that would be.  Now, if you cross them up and end with EX Crackshoot instead in the corner, that's a Hard KD and you can do your work, but the damage won't be as high.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »
Except for one problem Reiki, which Dandy brought up in the vid.

If the opponent techs, they're no longer backturned and thus can't be crossed up.

Both Buster Wolfs can be teched, and it's highly unlikely the opponent WON'T tech, so idk how helpful that would be.  Now, if you cross them up and end with EX Crackshoot instead in the corner, that's a Hard KD and you can do your work, but the damage won't be as high.

You'd be surprised! You can try for it atleast. I for one don't tech very often and I don't know many people that mash it out every time they get knocked down.

What you said does work though, since you can combo a juggled opponent from Crackshoot into EX Crackshoot. Then you hop over them for the damage. It's a little less, but still REALLY powerful. That's 325 + 541 = 866 for 3 bars.

That's still really good for Terry and makes good use of EX crackshoot.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:35:05 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Yeah, and I HAVE been looking for a better reason to actually use the Crackshoot to EX Crackshoot combo.  Guess now I have one.

Now if I can actually find people to play...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
Something reminded me of what Sparkster wrote about what you can do to people if they tech.

Here's food for thought. If your opponent knows to tech when they get backturned, they'll tech, but you recover very fast from EX Buster Wolf. If they tech, you can grab them the second they stand up. You can also mix that up with a low if they think you're going to grab them.

Sounds pretty hot to me.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
Well that's what we have scouting for.  That first match, see if the opponent likes to tech.  If yes, enjoy the free Low/Grab mixups.  If no, enjoy the free Corner Crossup.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »
Double post, but needed.  Reiki, we're gonna need to analyze Mr.KOF's Runback matches with Terry.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
Is he playing Terry right now?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
He was on stream playing Terry like...3 hours ago.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
He was on stream playing Terry like...3 hours ago.

Was there something you saw that was interesting? Maybe describe it?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »
Nothing terribly interesting, just extremely solid Terry play...well that and random frame traps into Rising Tackle.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »
So is B Crackshoot safe on block and he can't get grabbed or what? Because if I do it online I always get grabbed (regular grab even) I'm thinking of mixing it up with Terry on 1st.

Is his Downfoward C a good AA? It looks like it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2012, 07:28:01 PM »
So is B Crackshoot safe on block and he can't get grabbed or what? Because if I do it online I always get grabbed (regular grab even) I'm thinking of mixing it up with Terry on 1st.

Is his Downfoward C a good AA? It looks like it.

Is it safe?  Sure.  As for not getting grabbed?  No, Terry's free to grabs with B Crackshoot (Command Grabs anyway, obviously he can tech normal ones).  D Crackshoot can't be grabbed if blocked low (and you know...Terry gets out of dodge preparing for it).

Long story short though, if you're facing a Grappler, avoid using Crackshoot if at all possible unless you scout a GCR or you can predict an anti-air.

And 3C is a solid enough anti-air.