Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87389 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2012, 05:18:18 PM »
That combo needs some really weird delays in order to work. Here is a much easier/better fullscreen HD:

st.C, df.B B+C st.C, df.B x dp.D HDC air qcb.B, dp.B HDC air dp.D, dp.B HDC air dp.D HDC air qcb.D, qcb.D, dp.B HDC air qcb.D, qcb.D, dp.D, qcf qcf.BD.

Does more damage IIRC, works fullscreen and is MUCH easier.

Thanks Bopper I'll try it out

EDIT: I tried doing Reynald's combo, the second air dp b does not connect, can someone give me a tip on that?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:50:11 PM by Tyrant292 »

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:41 AM »
That combo with EX super at the end does 609, which is pretty much the same damage for Reynald's combo and is much, much easier. Of course, if you do Reynald's combo, you have the option of using an extra stock to end with EX DM instead of regular DM, but I can't tell how much damage that does because of how difficult Reynald's combo is. The QCB+D has to hit 4 times for the air DP+B to hit afterwards, which is something that is either character or timing specific (or both). It seems very inconsistent from the bit that I tried it.

The timing on the qcb+D is not really character specific in terms of at which height the enemy needs to be, but the timing is just something you have to get used to, as far as I know. It just takes lots of practice. I really just kinda judge it by eye, and I get it about 3/4 of the time. That's not a very helpful answer, I know, but it's all I can suggest.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2012, 03:26:58 AM »
That combo with EX super at the end does 609, which is pretty much the same damage for Reynald's combo and is much, much easier. Of course, if you do Reynald's combo, you have the option of using an extra stock to end with EX DM instead of regular DM, but I can't tell how much damage that does because of how difficult Reynald's combo is. The QCB+D has to hit 4 times for the air DP+B to hit afterwards, which is something that is either character or timing specific (or both). It seems very inconsistent from the bit that I tried it.

Personally I would go for meter building since you only need to start with 1 drive 1 meter.  If done correctly the last D Dragon Tail does 3hits at the end.  I dunno if he hits them one more time in the beginning, but I'm positive it's 3 times in the end in order to do the last air.dp K juggle (if you get 2 you won't be able to do it).  It's a pretty consistent combo, you get a billion years to hit confirm into Ex qcf P (which you want since it puts him closer if you delay the Ex qcf P) and you don't run into the dp+K overlap with DM.

EDIT: I tried doing Reynald's combo, the second air dp b does not connect, can someone give me a tip on that?

See above.  The last D Dragon tail needs to hit 3 times in the end, if you're hitting twice then you're mistiming it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:30:41 AM by Kane317 »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2012, 03:59:11 AM »

Thanks guys.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »
I just double checked.  The last Dragon Tail actually hits 4 times despite it looking like 3hits.

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
I just tried the Reynald combo in practice, and its actually waaaay easier then i thought it would be! As long as you delay the second qcb.D a little, its really super consistant. Im defenitly going to start using this one for those rare occasions when i get a hit whilst sober ;)

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
im not getting the timing of the dpD after the first airdp+B. Can anyone do a video of this. Thanks in advance

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
I might be able to cap it on saturday. Tho you are probably just doing the air dp.b too higjh in the air.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
thanks , can anyone tell me if its possible to do dp+B DC drink? a friend told me he got it right once , but ive been trying it and it doesnt work.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
It's possible, just extremely difficult. I've managed to do it. You can link another dp+B or qcf+A after it in the corner. You're going to have a much easier time if you DC from qcf+AC into drink instead.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »
This is just theory, but would hcb~f+B-->hcb P work as a shortcut?

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »
Tested some cornercombos and the best one so far is:

cl.C, df.B, dp.D DC qcb.D, qcb.D, qcb.B, super_ex super

570 dmg with regular super, 630 with ex. Builds 90% bar. IMO this is the best cornercombo so far. The 10% extra meter gain on the reynald combo is not worth the added difficulty (tho it looks sick ^^). The only "hard" part about this one is that you have to delay the dp.D a tiny bit.

EDIT: forgot to post, dp.B hits so late that you are in the air once the DC window starts. Hence you can only DC into air specials.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:42:13 PM by bopper »

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »
This is just theory, but would hcb~f+B-->hcb P work as a shortcut?

thats the first thing i tried as well it just doesnt seem to want to work. even tried it in hd mode and still nothing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
IMO this is the best cornercombo so far. The 10% extra meter gain on the reynald combo is not worth the added difficulty (tho it looks sick ^^). The only "hard" part about this one is that you have to delay the dp.D a tiny bit.

Just curious, what part are you finding challenging because it's definitely a practical combo with some practice.  Are you using a shortcut for the air.dp K because it really helped me.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »
I've been trying to do the dp+B to drink cancel myself, and I can't seem to do it either. Sorry, I must have been wrong, I thought I had done it a while ago. I guess not. I wonder if Hwa might be in an aerial state on the very first frame. You might only be able to do aerial specials. The easy way to test would be to see if you can cancel from dp+B into qcfx2+B/D, since that would require only a f+B/D after the initial dp+B input. But yeah, it's not really worth doing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:55:40 AM by Matt Alder »