Author Topic: Chin Gentsai (Console)  (Read 70270 times)

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Chin Gentsai (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 01:34:16 AM »
Hey im finding it difficult to link Chin's hcf+K after his df+k is there timing involved with it??

Kensou77

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
a random question. while i know it's not custom to taunt in a serious match, i noticed that chin's taunt gets him 4 drinks..... though it does get him stunned as well... is it useful? how useful or not?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
Hey im finding it difficult to link Chin's hcf+K after his df+k is there timing involved with it??

There's a very specific height and distance; basically you have to know the right combo to do it.  
Try something basically like s.C, df.B, qcb A, [DC] hcf B, (early cancel) df BD, hcf b, df.B, hcf B, df.B~B, s.C

a random question. while i know it's not custom to taunt in a serious match, i noticed that chin's taunt gets him 4 drinks..... though it does get him stunned as well... is it useful? how useful or not?

Not very useful as all.  Any new comer would have enough time to dash up to him and punish his taunt (the taunt cannot be cancelled either).

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »

There's a very specific height and distance; basically you have to know the right combo to do it.  
Try something basically like s.C, df.B, qcb A, [DC] hcf B, (early cancel) df BD, hcf b, df.B, hcf B, df.B~B, s.C

Thanks allot dude i am starting to understand the height now
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:06:21 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 03:06:45 AM »

Thanks allot dude i am starting to understand the height now

NP, lemme know if there's anything else I can help you with.

PaTrickC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Chin Gentsai Videos
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
hei what's the best team to put in chin ?? and a hohoho kof mass to all
Play life don't let it play you!

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 10:53:53 PM »
There is another issue I am having its match up worse what can chin do against characters with good air normals such as vice it seemed that vice can kill you with one jump in D which is really good.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »
There is another issue I am having its match up worse what can chin do against characters with good air normals such as vice it seemed that vice can kill you with one jump in D which is really good.

Vice can't hit Chin with jump in D.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:38:17 PM by Diavle »

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »
sorry my mistake I mean with jumping c

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
You can duck under jumpins and quickie punch or throw etc.

You can also use the invincibility on qcb+AC.

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »
thanks allot works like a charm

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »

With two other characters you're good with?  There's no correct answer to your question.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:03 PM »

With two other characters you're good with?  There's no correct answer to your question.

While this is very true, I have to add, you want to make sure you don't pair him with characters that'll diminish how YOU play him, though you get a lot of leeway with order select and personal playstyle.

For example, I like using Drive Cancel combos with Chin, and occassionally his neomax for fun. I also REALLY like to a drive cancel with Hwa though. So ususally, if I have them both on a team, I have them at the ends, while I keep someone like Vice or Robert in the middle; someone who can build some meter between my 2 meter hogs.

But if I wanna use Chin as my secret weapon of confusion and damage, I'll set him in the back, behind a grappler and maybe Leona. I love using Leona as a final killer, buf it I placed her second on a team with Chin, I'll calm my use of her cancels and such, and mostly work with Instant overheads into V-Slasher, and save the drives for him.

//Not a real Answer// But in the END, we all know Chin is best with King (bartender) and Hwa Jai (Also drinks to buff himself), as team Intoxication!//Fake Answer END//

But really, just play who you like, and learn to adjust so that the characters get to be used in the ways you want them to be. It's up to YOU to make your team work!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »
I do believe I have seen the light.

Yesterday I was having really bad luck with connections so ended up spending a lot of time in practice while waiting for a decent matchup. At the end of the day I finally got two good sessions going and it all clicked, all the stuff I practice came out flowing. This character is so awesome, fun and brutal.

You know what else was awesome? I put Ralf 1st and Chin 2nd. Ralf builds meter like its no one's business and can dish out damage with using little. Kinda see them as the perfect pair. Chin actually helped me form Ralf's style of play for me, which has become centered around attacking and building meter at every opportunity. So Chin almost always comes in to the pleasure of lots of meter.

Chin's normals are so good, you can poke and poke some more. sC into qcb+A into (DC) hcf+K is so good, especially because its an option select. If they block the first two hits then the hcf+k simply doesn't come out. The advantage of using sC is that you can cancel it so at max range of the far standing version. For close range cr.B, s.A, sA can replace the sC and act as a hit confirm.

For some reason I keep forgetting to use his counters lol, I played a ton of matches and didn't remember to trigger them even once.

Qcb+AC is fantastic for getting ppl off of you. Does it have any special properties that would make it useful in combos?

I tried to limit my use of df+D simply because higher level players won't get on it much so I don't want to get in the habit of using it too much.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
I do believe I have seen the light.

*Choir of angels sing*

Chin's normals are so good, you can poke and poke some more. sC into qcb+A into (DC) hcf+K is so good, especially because its an option select. If they block the first two hits then the hcf+k simply doesn't come out.

Careful as both qcb A or C are punishable on block.

The advantage of using sC is that you can cancel it so at max range of the far standing version. For close range cr.B, s.A, sA can replace the sC and act as a hit confirm.

When you starting mastering his cancels into his kick stance you won't even need to hit confirm as you can either hop cancel into more pressure or end it in a s.C. 

For some reason I keep forgetting to use his counters lol, I played a ton of matches and didn't remember to trigger them even once.

Might not be such a bad thing anymore, his active windows for his counters are so short now it gets me into more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

Qcb+AC is fantastic for getting ppl off of you. Does it have any special properties that would make it useful in combos?

Only time I use qcb AC in combos is using the free special cancel off the hcf BD for the extra 120 damage and of course juggling with hcf B -->...afterwards

I tried to limit my use of df+D simply because higher level players won't get on it much so I don't want to get in the habit of using it too much.

You're meant to use the mix ups with the overhead cancel (hold D) for d.B combos or throw combos!