Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259822 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Is there a drum or piano technique to utilize moves like Joe and Ralf's Punch rapidly attacks?

No, it's extremely easy, just mash the hell out of punch.

Fixed
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:35:23 AM by Kane317 »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
In the wiki, do characters with cancelable neo maxes that change sides have notes? For example, Clark and Vice's throw supers have to be canceled by doing their neomax in the opposite direction.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
In the wiki, do characters with cancelable neo maxes that change sides have notes? For example, Clark and Vice's throw supers have to be canceled by doing their neomax in the opposite direction.

Sorry for the late reply, dunno how I miss this post but I'll add the notes tomorrow in the wiki.  Clark, Vice and Duo Lon's (off the Ex DM) all need to MaxCancel the opposite direction.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
On the mash moves, how hard are they to perform in comparison to other SNK games?  I remember them being really easy in some KOFs, but really hard in the FF games.

Also, on HD/drive cancels, how hard are they compared to Hakumen special into special combos? 

Looking for a good point of reference.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
On the mash moves, how hard are they to perform in comparison to other SNK games?  I remember them being really easy in some KOFs, but really hard in the FF games.

Also, on HD/drive cancels, how hard are they compared to Hakumen special into special combos? 

Smash moves are easy to do.

As for hd/drive cancels they are about the same differculty or more to hakumen move cancels. It depends on what moves are being canceled from and into. For example: It's very hard to cancel K's dp+P into qcf+P because the qcf+p would be read as the last inputs of "Heat Drive".

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
It's very hard to cancel K's dp+P into qcf+P because the qcf+p would be read as the last inputs of "Heat Drive".
WTF are you saying?
Just do :
6523+P,6+P to do dp.P,(DC)qcf.P

The main difficulty is on charge characters, by example do d~c.K,(SC)qcfqcf.K can be hard to do because you must SC before kim is in the air, but you can buff it : (2)3698+K,236+K and it's still hard but not impossible.

However some move must be cancel at precise timings, like dp into ice spin with Kula, if you do it too fast the spin will miss. K' has also some tricky things because shada is making you cross down your opponent so you must inverse the shada followup (or dp i can't remember) command ...

Smahs moves are quite easy to do BUT joe ones needs some precise inputs timing to do them at the right speed to allow the combo or do it extremely fast to make it link.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:10:37 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »

Smash moves are easy to do.

As for hd/drive cancels they are about the same differculty or more to hakumen move cancels. It depends on what moves are being canceled from and into. For example: It's very hard to cancel K's dp+P into qcf+P because the qcf+p would be read as the last inputs of "Heat Drive".

I can't agree with you. Hakumen's specials are much rather easier to cancel into each other. Because in KoF there are certain frames-"windows" to cancel. That's why SNKP provided video "technical reference" to point out those frames to cancel. It's not like you can put next special when you want (start-up, active, recovery).
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
I can't agree with you. Hakumen's specials are much rather easier to cancel into each other. Because in KoF there are certain frames-"windows" to cancel. That's why SNKP provided video "technical reference" to point out those frames to cancel. It's not like you can put next special when you want (start-up, active, recovery).
There are a very few moves who are allowed to be drive cancel at multiple times, for those one there is a timing component but for the other one the buffer is making those drive cancel easy because you just have to input it as soon as possible to do the combo, the buffer will make it cancel at the first frame there it's possible.

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
Yeah, forgot to mention such multihit moves like Kyo's dp+P.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:59 PM »
It's very hard to cancel K's dp+P into qcf+P because the qcf+p would be read as the last inputs of "Heat Drive".
WTF are you saying?
Just do :

Wait, that's for HD cancel or DC cancel? It's easy in HD mode but, for me, just regular dc mode is pretty hard if I have meter. Well, thanks for that info. I kept doing 6523+P,236+P.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:03:08 AM by AmedoS310 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2011, 12:43:31 AM »
WTF are you saying?
Just do :

Wait, that's for HD cancel or DC cancel? It's easy in HD mode but, for me, just regular dc mode is pretty hard if I have meter. Well, thanks for that info. I kept doing 6523+P,236+P.

In HD you can do : 623+P,6+P , and the hd cancel will comes out.

K is a special case because the timing is really strict, here there is a tips : use the dp ""shortcut"" motion hcb,f
So to do dp.P,(DC)qcf.P, do hcb,f.P,qcf.P
And you wont do a SDM.

(And yeah it's hcB, do 6321456+P,5236+P)

With this shortcut you can also do a option select with char like athena, do hcf.P,b.P; on a waking up opponent will throw him hif he guards and dp him if he rolls behind you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:54:46 AM by Sharnt »

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
Quote from: Sharnt

With this shortcut you can also do a option select with char like athena, do hcf.P,b.P; on a waking up opponent will throw him hif he guards and dp him if he rolls behind you.

Have you got a vid of this??

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:29 AM »

Well, I dunno if a video well help much; It'll just show him either throwing or dp'ing. Have you got a vid of this??

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »

Well, I dunno if a video well help much; It'll just show him either throwing or dp'ing. Have you got a vid of this??

And yeah making a video doesn't make a lot of sens because you will see athena grab then make a dp after the roll ... And it's not that powerfull, it's better to hit confirm on the roll a cr.B to punish far harder.
Moreover i can't do it because i'm needing help for the second character.
I tried it with a friend sometimes, it seems to works quite well. But that os isn't that powerful if you think at maxima's one :p (safe jump hop C, qcbqcb.AC)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:28:17 AM by Sharnt »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
If only the notation on this board was consistent. This ain't no Mashy Blood or Brazpoo.

We have ;dn ;df ;fd ;a. Use it. :D