Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259820 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2011, 11:16:06 PM »
Then keep that shit to yourself or take it somewhere else.  I don't give a shit WHAT your tolerance is, if you honestly care about THIS game, then you should know better.  You don't think I have a problem with Capcom at times?  You don't think I like bashing on some of their products?  Of course I do, but there's a time and a place for it.  When a thread for another game is filled with more talk about Capcom than the actual game, then you're only helping them.

I agree with you but, please chill, dude.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 15, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
hey guys, i have some technical questions about wakeups in KoF13.

in this game, there are obviously no "reversals" as in SF4, where a properly timed wake up move gets special properties. however, i was wondering about doing wakeup uppercuts on the first possible frame. i have experimented with mashing uppercut in training mode, and it seems that it is never instantaneous, that there are a couple frames where i simply stand and can get hit before the uppercut comes out. why does this happen? is it possible to do special moves on the first frame of wakeup, or does the engine make you wait a couple frames? i know that, for example, there are a few frames which take place before you can be thrown on wakeup. is there something similar for special moves?

i'm wondering because, if this is the case, the implication would be that a properly timed meaty attack on an untechable wakeup should always beat out mashed uppercut, right?

It seems that way. If I remember correctly that was never possible in XI or XII either. I usually assume that doing wakeups like that was impossible, but you do have me thinking about it. I'll try it out myself just to see.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »
Then keep that shit to yourself or take it somewhere else.  I don't give a shit WHAT your tolerance is, if you honestly care about THIS game, then you should know better.  You don't think I have a problem with Capcom at times?  You don't think I like bashing on some of their products?  Of course I do, but there's a time and a place for it.  When a thread for another game is filled with more talk about Capcom than the actual game, then you're only helping them.

I agree with you but, please chill, dude.

Uh...I already did.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:08 AM »
thanks for the answers guys. now, i guess the main issue i'm still wondering about is this: what happens if the person who has been knocked down is mashing DP? will it come out on the first possible frame?
In it to win it!

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2011, 02:40:24 AM »
thanks for the answers guys. now, i guess the main issue i'm still wondering about is this: what happens if the person who has been knocked down is mashing DP? will it come out on the first possible frame?
Don't see why not. It should given that the inputs are much more lenient in kof13. That's usually not a good idea at an event if your opponent can see/hear your motions though. . . although you can always try and bait them out using that. Some ppl actually tap buttons to make noise randomly.

Oh and Saitsuofleaves, please go full retard again it's quite funny - I ignore Capcom games and browse the UMVC3 once in a while. u mad?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2011, 03:14:54 AM »

Oh and Saitsuofleaves, please go full retard again it's quite funny - I ignore Capcom games and browse the UMVC3 once in a while. u mad?

he has a very good reason to be a little frustrated ( although i doubt he is ) you just said right there that you ignore capcom games. if you ignore them why are you commenting about them? that is the opposite of ignore, and the thing is you said people who play the games are brainwashed ( he happens to enjoy the game, there should be no problem with that) which doesn't help the FGC/ kof community in any way. that way of thinking drives players away. and now that you say you don't even play capcom games that means you can't even tell whether they are good games or not.

you should really learn to accept other peoples forte in games because you seem like the kind of person who thinks their game is the best and no other game is acceptable.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2011, 03:50:26 AM »
you should really learn to accept other peoples forte in games because you seem like the kind of person who thinks their game is the best and no other game is acceptable.

Nice try at painting me as the bad guy, I said I don't play Capcom games but like to read up on UMVC3.

Hope this explanation clears things up: The comment is about the "MARHHVEL BABY" thing many fans have which is unlike any other mad hype gaming fans have. I actually enjoy that the game is getting so much hype and seeing how the fans go on because they're just insane. Didn't know he was a Marvel fan though, so I can understand if he took it personally. On with the show. . .

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:40 AM »
lol
Dont worry Giga. XIII just down the horizon, and then we wont have to think about those games we dont enjoy.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »
Sooo, just to keep the ball rolling. Does DP on the first frame seem like a good idea now?

I mean, if you know someone is on a hair trigger, waiting to punish you, why not use the new "Backdash out of jail free" card that was added into console. Specifically, I'm talking about back dashing being a one frame action. From what we know, waking up gives you grab invincibility and most normals are around 3-5 frames of start-up if they're not Maxima ><. If that's the case, if someone tries to poke you out of DPs (Since a lot of them lost or never had lower invincibility on start-up), why not just backdash instead?

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:55 AM »
Sooo, just to keep the ball rolling. Does DP on the first frame seem like a good idea now?

I mean, if you know someone is on a hair trigger, waiting to punish you, why not use the new "Backdash out of jail free" card that was added into console. Specifically, I'm talking about back dashing being a one frame action. From what we know, waking up gives you grab invincibility and most normals are around 3-5 frames of start-up if they're not Maxima ><. If that's the case, if someone tries to poke you out of DPs (Since a lot of them lost or never had lower invincibility on start-up), why not just backdash instead?
Not too sure what you mean. If you're getting up I don't think doing a backdash will help you much, especially in the corner. If you're talking about you punishing their wake up DP then backdash will avoid grab commands and avoid their dp for punish on recovery. It's safer than a ambi-roll in that aspect. The point of doing though is to bait them to dp, so being right next to them you have to condition them sometimes by assuming they won't dp.

Miles u play marvel? I might need some teaching some time down the line.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »
nonono...

I believe SYN Aaron will be playing KOF with us so he'd be the best person to approach.

nonono...

I believe SYN Aaron will be playing KOF with us so he'd be the best person to approach.

On this topic though..
Who out of all the characters in the game have invincible DPs from the first frame?

Ones that dont that I know for sure are...
Andy's,Yuri, Kensou, Kula, Kyo's too I think (excluding EXs)

So in theory (though I will test this out in the lab when the game drops) I could do something like...

Andy  ;dn ;d knockdown
walk forward slightly
meaty timed  ;c(2 hits)
and I could get a CH or even a trade against Yuri's A DP?

And thanks Omegaryu for this link
http://dreamcancel.com/2011/10/09/the-king-of-details-3-buffering-tricks-and-motion-shortcuts/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:25:15 AM by milesw »
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2011, 04:28:05 AM »

well is it possible to use a longer reaching normal to catch the backdash in kof?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2011, 04:41:07 AM »
The point was that, after watching the change log vids, that you can escape pressure by getting hit and knockdowned. In that respect, you can have an option to get out of oki. Like if someone throws out a non juggle special or hop pressure.  Times where a dp is the worst option, butat times seems like the only option to reset a situation.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
The point was that, after watching the change log vids, that you can escape pressure by getting hit and knockdowned. In that respect, you can have an option to get out of oki. Like if someone throws out a non juggle special or hop pressure.  Times where a dp is the worst option, butat times seems like the only option to reset a situation.

ohhhhhh ok than in that respect i think it will be a useful option for that type of a situation.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2011, 02:26:38 PM »
0- The most important thing to understand is the backdash makes you in airborn state after the first frame, so on the first frame you're still on the ground to be hitted by any meaty or whatever
1- The backdash has 0 (ZERO) frames of invincibility
2- If a special hits you in the air depending on the properties of this special you can be juggle/combo after that
3- If a command move hits you, you can be in a juggle state in the air depending on the properties of this special you can be juggle/combo after that
4- After a normal move you're in recovering state, so you can be only hit by free juggle moves
5- Anti air throws will catch you

And if someone will poke you out of you're dp he will probably use a fast light in meaty and you lose or a j.CD and you lose again.

If the meaty is good made enough the dp will whiff or be guarded.
On this topic though..
Who out of all the characters in the game have invincible DPs from the first frame?

Roughly every A/B dp move has invincibility on his start up. I don't remind any exception. Some have invincibility after the first few frames following the activation.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:34:28 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo