Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259680 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2011, 05:00:30 AM »
For example, Mai's Musasabi no Mai > EX Musasabi no Mai. Granted, it's not always practical but it shows that there are still a lot of options you can choose from.

Lol. Funny that you mention that, we decided to record some casuals and I did that very link on Duc haha! I might just upload that match for kicks.

Post recorded matches, period. :3

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
Please leave any non gameplay talk for the General Discussion thread.

Lol, where's a moderator when you need one?  (I can't believe you found such an old quote Ivan!)  I've been meaning to clean this up but I'm on my phone. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:23:26 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2011, 03:43:04 AM »
its actually the very first line in this thread lol

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
its actually the very first line in this thread lol

LOL, epic fail.  I moved the discussion to its rightful place now =)

Please leave any non gameplay talk for the General Discussion thread.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2011, 09:40:36 PM »
I noticed that in KOF 13 vids theres not alot of Guard attack used during block. Is guard attack bad in this game or meter management just make that option null and void?
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
I noticed that in KOF 13 vids theres not alot of Guard attack used during block. Is guard attack bad in this game or meter management just make that option null and void?

Well Guard Cancel is just one of the many ways you can use with a power stock. With the addition of EX moves, some people would opt to save meter for those instead.

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
Since I dont have anywhere to play the game I have questions regarding command grabs for those who do.  What are the differences in range/dmg between say...clarks ex command grab and his super? They both take one stock, so when would you use one over the other?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:05:45 PM by johrjives »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »
Clark's command grab has more range. Damage-wise, Clark's super is slightly better (and Max Cancelable). Probably the same deal with Vice.

As far as when to use it, I'm not really sure. I suppose I'll be spamming more of Clark's EX grab than the super since it's far easier to use, but then I don't really use grapplers a lot, so yeah. Of course, if I want to use his NeoMax, then I'll go for the DM.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:58:21 PM by Aenthin »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »

Well Guard Cancel is just one of the many ways you can use with a power stock. With the addition of EX moves, some people would opt to save meter for those instead.

^ what he said.  There are more options to use stocks now; most Ex moves have invincibility and/or start long combos (Chin's Ex counter, Iori's Ex qcb P, Leona's Ex Moon Slasher etc.).  Even so, if you know what you're doing, a GCAB can potentially set you up for a full combo so GCCD is almost the least favorable thing to do.

---
Since I moved the topic over from General discussion, I couldn't cut Musolini's post since one half was relevant to the other topic which I left:

Musolini:"for your clarck q'd that's easy, when doing combos or the opponent is closer you use dm, when they are further and think their safe you go for the ex grab (huge range). but if you have 2 bars might as well go for the ex dm, same incredible range with huge damage."

---

Since I dont have anywhere to play the game I have questions regarding command grabs for those who do.  What are the differences in range/dmg between say...clarks ex command grab and his super? They both take one stock, so when would you use one over the other?

That's a good question.  I suppose Ex Command grab has farther range than the DM and of course the DM does more dmg...WTH?  The raw damage shows the Ex hcf+K to be more damaging than the DM (250vs246 not taking into account scaling) although I'm 100% sure that the DM doesn't scale like normal and remember the mook does say some DMs scale differently.

Other numbers show that the DM does more damage in a combo but I'll double check the numbers since I'm curious now.  Here's some data I collected that I'll retest tomorrow:
-s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch, DM (440 dmg)

Assuming those numbers are correct, this is how much damage if the Ex version of the hcf+K is used:
-s.C [1hit], df.A, Ex Punch, Ex hcf+K~qcf+P (~396 dmg)

Also this proves that DM does more damage:
cr. B, cr. A, hcf+BD/hcbx2+P  = 229/267 damage

On that note:
s.D, df.A, Ex Vulcan Punch, hcf K
does more than
s.D, df.A, DM

---
UPDATE: Guess the mook has a typo for his Ex hcf K throw, it lists his damage 80+90(~another 80 for the elbow) but there is no Ex Elbow per se, and just one standard damage of 35 (so the Ex hcf+K should be 80+90~35 dmg for a total of 196 after scaling).

Apparently, the DM does not scale (at least not by itself).  Done on its own: DM = 246 dmg.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2011, 05:31:43 AM »
Is there a split frame lag where you can't block immediately after running?
Undefeated online KOF player.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2011, 02:13:00 AM »

Yes

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2011, 03:23:01 AM »

Yes

Technically, you can't block when you're running and it takes a second to stop running, but yes.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2011, 05:30:50 AM »

Yes

Technically, you can't block when you're running and it takes a second to stop running, but yes.

Not unless you run then crouch block.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2011, 05:02:09 AM »
Another question, how does the juggle system work in this game? I was trying out the 2nd combo for Goro Daimon and I could NOT land the 2nd  ;df ;c after the EX hcbf grab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ix2yR1lzZw

And for Clark, I read that you can either land an air throw or   ;uf;d after  ;bk ;fd ;a x2 combo. But for some reason, I can never hit my opponent with the listed options. Is this a timing problem for me?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:11:08 AM by CharREX »
Undefeated online KOF player.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
Another question, how does the juggle system work in this game? I was trying out the 2nd combo for Goro Daimon and I could NOT land the 2nd  ;df ;c after the EX hcbf grab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ix2yR1lzZw

And for Clark, I read that you can either land an air throw or   ;uf;d after  ;bk ;fd ;a x2 combo. But for some reason, I can never hit my opponent with the listed options. Is this a timing problem for me?

For Goro, the first df+C has to have the opponent as low to the ground as possible, then spam the next 2.

For the Clark combo, I think Kane317 can answer that when he checks this.