Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386304 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »
What are we learning at NCR?

Kyo j.2C >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris G.
LOL!

Yeah, shoutouts to BALA, Mr.KOF, JUSTIUS, CHRIS KOF, YOSHI n CHRIS G.
And all ppl, participating at MLG n NCR, and make this events so good!

Link to an archive for the MLG Finals? I couldn't find the stream to save my life.
+1! Missed some stuffs too! :/

Edit:
Link to the archive?
Maybe Iplaywinner will be up later...I dont know; but I think that MLG archives are for sale (or premium members)!!!...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:39:42 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:58 AM »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »
Anyone look at mmcafe, the professor was posting about about snkp and things dont look good. I have zero hope in snkp surviving next gen.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
Congrats to Chris kof for winning the NCR he's a very very solid player, and his Iori is beast..

and props to Chris G for that great HD combo with King which was against Chris kof.. ^^

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
I have zero hope in snkp surviving next gen
Wall of text alert
[spoiler]
Here's my analysis:
1-The situation
All that we know so far is that Climax will be limited run, and very expensive to boot. SNK's games on Nesica are not doing well either, plus we heard from prof that SNK didn't really promote KOF 13 in Japan (although to be fair, they did the first preview there and loketests are also there, plus their blogs and videos are all in japanese so....that counted as promotion to me, compared to what we got here)
2-My reasoning
Climax will be limited run, because SNKP is aware that KOF XIII arcade will not last. They produced a small number, and priced it outrageously because: They did not expect it to sell, but if it DID then they'll at least make a hefty profit. Why? they knew that their titles do very poorly in arcades (in Japan), with all the Gundam and P4Arena...so they won't even bother.
3-My conclusion
It looked to me that their trying to escape the arcade business (which is on its death knell anyway), trying to be not too dependent on it, and expand instead to handheld, and internet/network games. They're trying to find another source of easy and stable revenues on which to build their console titles (the REAL moneymaker these days), they learned also that the rest of the world paid more attention to them than Japan itself (Japanese KOF players are very RARE compared to say...South Americans or Chinese). If you read the last blog entry, it seemed that they are considering an English (or Chinese) language blog. Japan's taste has changed, KOF is no longer THE cool fighting game. It's Persona4Arena and Arcana and Blazblue and Gundam and that sort of games.

If you put these all together you will get the feeling that since SNKP got a new CEO last year or so...there will be massive changes within SNKP.
1-New Gaming division, the casual/portable/network gaming division. For whatever purpose...The SNK Dream Battle (the Gree thing) might be its first project.
2-Pachislot business is rather growing (their Sister Quest pachi got an award or something, plus its expanding into non-pachi game, although in Mobage, a JP mobile service.) Samsho pachislot used Madhouse animations and Super Otousan used Soundtracks from popstars (if I'm not mistaken).
3-KOF games for Ios and Android and Neo Geo X (maybe a one time gig, it doesn't do well), heralded a new interest in handhelds.
4-They're hiring more aggresively (right in the front page) this may signal a failing workforce, or the exact opposite, an ambitious project is on the way.
[/spoiler]
Eh...of course don't take any of these too seriously, it's just the way I figured things. So last word: Relax, we'll see how things are going, we're much better off than say....during the first few days of KOF XII.
Dude, Relax!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
I agree with fujix4. They expressed their interest in specifically reviving their fighting game franchises fairly recently, and that's worth hoping for. It may go either way ofcourse, but i do hope they complete garou 2 wich has been in the works on and off for not quite dukenukem ish lengths of time.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
I agree with fujix4. They expressed their interest in specifically reviving their fighting game franchises fairly recently, and that's worth hoping for. It may go either way ofcourse, but i do hope they complete garou 2 wich has been in the works on and off for not quite dukenukem ish lengths of time.

Not really, Garou 2 pretty much died with the Neo-Geo as far as we know. Don't think ppl will settle for MVS Garou visuals after KOFXIII. If they do make it they will probably do it as a new Fatal Fury from the ground up (MOTW was a big flop).

KOFXIV is the safest bet for them right now.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
^^ I tottaly agree. A new KOF is where they should focus. IF ppl think that Garou will sell they are delusional. Look at Capcom. Fans are begging them for a new Darkstalkers but they keep expanding Street fighter.

SNK should focus on making KOF XIV for next generation consoles, an inhouse good netcode and at the same time milking existing sprites.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:06:53 PM by Eripio69 »

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
Whhhatt? come on....I would've loved a new IP!

But I agreed, MOTW 2 should just be euthanized before it became a freakish, frankenstein game. A completely new Fatal Fury would be nice or my personal fave, one of those SNK's samurai games. Samsho and LastBlade. Anyway, they should start branching out a little, it's suicidal to keep riding the wave of just one title.
Dude, Relax!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
I thought KoF XIII did well all over?! didn't it? I never thought really it was straggling in Japan out of all places. I hope they dont go under again this is for me the last hope in fighting games, considering how other fighting games are turning out especially SFxT. I think they well bring a new KoF in early 2013 "finger crossed".

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »
I thought KoF XIII did well all over
It did fairly well, just wasn't as well as people thought it would. But here's a small consolation, it came out MUCH later in Japan than the rest of the world, plus they get their DLCs fairly late too.

Meaning? SNKP already accounted for it, they knew Japan would not show as much interest in KOF XIII like the 90's anymore, so they focused most of their effort on the rest of the world. Isn't that a good thing?
Dude, Relax!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Whhhatt? come on....I would've loved a new IP!

But I agreed, MOTW 2 should just be euthanized before it became a freakish, frankenstein game. A completely new Fatal Fury would be nice or my personal fave, one of those SNK's samurai games. Samsho and LastBlade. Anyway, they should start branching out a little, it's suicidal to keep riding the wave of just one title.

Branching is good m8 but not for small companies like SNKp. If they make a new FF (fingers crossed) dont expect it to be like KOF in terms of graphics.
Instead of making a new 2D game with lower standards I believe they should make a 2.5D like SFIV. It will suit perfectly to FF with the sidestep system.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »

Well, I think the Japanese players add some spice to the fighting games. Usually they are the best in this genre (there are exceptions ofcourse). Lets hope that with the attention KoF XIII is getting from the tournies, the fanbase would grow.

As for 2.5D NO! PLEASE NO; keep it sprites I would go with low quality sprites over 2.5D; I know that 2.5D has it's advantages but it's awful. They can make sprites quality like BB but still I would like to see Rock and Geese in HD sprites. 

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

Well, I think the Japanese players add some spice to the fighting games. Usually they are the best in this genre (there are exceptions ofcourse). Lets hope that with the attention KoF XIII is getting from the tournies, the fanbase would grow.

As for 2.5D NO! PLEASE NO; keep it sprites I would go with low quality sprites over 2.5D; I know that 2.5D has it's advantages but it's awful. They can make sprites quality like BB but still I would like to see Rock and Geese in HD sprites. 

Me too m8 but they are very expensive and time consuming. They should do that with their main game which is KOF.

Btw just because SFIV's 2.5D sprites are ugly as hell that doesnt mean that a good artist cannot create something visually good in 2.5D. And as I said before a new FF will be perfect in 2.5D.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
Yeah, it annoys me when people talk shit on 2.5D.  Just because SF4's models were awful, doesn't mean every single time someone does them they will turn out crappy.  If we took that concept to anything, 2D or 3D would've been abandoned just as fast.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.