Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386364 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1245 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »
Great tourney, Tokido VS Romance the first time was the most fun.

Grand Final was pretty anti-climactic though, as per usual when it contains Bala. Hoping for something a little more hype inducing at Evo.

The rankings were as I see them right now in the US, 1. Bala 2. Reynald 3. Romance.

And yeah Jucebox and Answer were great, they both have great knowledge of the game and a solid chemistry together. Best commentator duo for KOF easily.

Basically.  You should have saw all the smack talk those Weaboo dick suckers were doing.  Hyping up Tokido saying he was going to smear bala and show them the glorious nippon always prevails.  Then Bala did this to Tokido

And like 20% of them leave right after that fight and several said Tokido doesn't play KOF anyways.  It was hilarious.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »
What's a weaboo?

I was impressed seeing ultra david there. Not that i saw him doing anything really, the only match i saw with him was against mr.kof, but it's cool that he entered even though (i assume) he knew he had no chance. Would probably be cool to just see how it goes.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
LOL I really don't have the same pow for a tournament.
I know i'm not good enough to win (And surely not comes out of the pools) but I'm still going.
Why? Because the tournament is just an excuse to gather players, share and see each evolution through the game.

I saw some "Hu I wont move because it's just giving Bala money" I just cant withstand this mentality.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 11, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
I saw some "Hu I wont move because it's just giving Bala money" I just cant withstand this mentality.

That's one of the worst things about the American KOF scene now to me. Other international players I think would love to challenge BALA and most of the SoCal players, but it feels like lots of American players have this "inevitably going to lose to BALA" mentality.

I'd love it if it was more than just BALA winning every tournament where most SoCal players show up, but that's up to the players themselves to make that happen, and it will take practice and probably losses to beat someone like that if you want to get to BALA's level or better. I honestly forget if other scene dominators like J.Wong or Daigo (at one point) scared players away from competing, but I don't doubt those who fought them get better because of it.

I wonder what might happen if BALA gets beat by an international player at EVO, or even another SoCal player?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 11, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
Bala has been beaten, recently even in tournament so people ought to know that it is possible. The problem though is that you have to beat him with skill and i guess alot of players just don't see the green when that's the case.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
Bala has been beaten, recently even in tournament so people ought to know that it is possible. The problem though is that you have to beat him with skill and i guess alot of players just don't see the green when that's the case.
Wow that's the realist thing I read in a while.
I don't know, I would have loved to go to MLG but ECT is easier for the pocket especially since I'm going to school. I just don't have the money to travel as much as I want. I want to play against Bala Reynald Mr KOF The Answer and pretty much everyone else that plays the game in the West Coast. Loosing is part of learning. If you want to play better then you have to accept you lost and improve on it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:17:27 PM by ELTRO »
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Mr. X

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »

That's one of the worst things about the American KOF scene now to me. Other international players I think would love to challenge BALA and most of the SoCal players, but it feels like lots of American players have this "inevitably going to lose to BALA" mentality.

It's not just the US KoF scene, it's like a lot of the US in general. You see people wishing they have easier pools or hope they don't run into a killer too early because they already decided they will lose to them. A lot of dudes want it easy.

Sad that Anaheim was the last chance for KoF at MLG and all of SoCal and NorCal didn't come out to represent.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2012, 11:09:44 PM »
Can someone please help a brother out and link to those MLG matches? I completely missed Romance vs Tokido and Tokido vs Bala. I don't want to wait a month for MLG to upload the matches.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:55 AM »
Can someone please help a brother out and link to those MLG matches? I completely missed Romance vs Tokido and Tokido vs Bala. I don't want to wait a month for MLG to upload the matches.
Ditto,

Couldn't catch it all. Had to goto work.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#fighters

Should be able to see it all.

You may have to refresh the page if it gets stuck at commercial breaks.

I think it's intentional as a nag.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:41 AM »
Since it's 51 hours, do you know when I can find the Bala vs Tokido and Romance vs Tokido matches?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 12, 2012, 02:47:42 AM »
Unfortunately no, it will likely be a pain to try to pinpoint the 20" or so for that particular match.

If anyone finds it, pls post the time.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:35 AM »
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#fighters

Should be able to see it all.

You may have to refresh the page if it gets stuck at commercial breaks.

I think it's intentional as a nag.

Romance vs Tokido is at 5:38

Around 5:50 Kane vs Mr. KOF.

Around 39:03 is Tokido vs Chris KOF. * Edit. Finals seem to start around here.

39:14 Romance vs Mr. KOF

I will be editing this post for any highlight matches I find combing through the stream.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:12:46 AM by LouisCipher »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 12, 2012, 03:29:01 AM »
Udaman - good lookin out

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?