Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186613 times)

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:47 AM »
Btw what is the point of a digital download at this point?

It will be cheaper and can be shared with 2 consoles. so its good for the consumers at least.

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »
Btw what is the point of a digital download at this point?

It will be cheaper and can be shared with 2 consoles. so its good for the consumers at least.

Silly me, you are right.. After the Evo exposure it is a nice move. Btw I am happy and jealous for your KOF scene. I hope they keep trying and don't give up cause u r on a different level compared to them.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
the KOF XIII scene here is still growing. many players are coming from other FGC's like SF and Tekken.
while the KOF players are mainly playing KOF02UM.
but we are doing good
hopefully soon our KOF XIII scene can become as good as KOF02um and 3rd strike ones.

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2012, 02:52:14 AM »
A report from Cyberfanatix says KOF XIII is now available on XBL Marketplace too,

so now KOF XIII is avaiable digitally on PSN and XBL for about $30 now. Planning to buy it again myself, but consider yourselves lucky since the JPN price is still around original retail (6,900 yen, or $70+)
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2012, 04:19:42 AM »
You think them putting it on the online storefronts is because of the success at evo?  This stuff is usually announced ahead of time not the week before an update, especially for a niche release.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2012, 04:58:29 AM »
Mad KoF is confirmed for SB!!! SSOOOO sad I can't go  :( it's gonna be sooooo hypeppppepepe!!!!
In it to win it!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
You think them putting it on the online storefronts is because of the success at evo?  This stuff is usually announced ahead of time not the week before an update, especially for a niche release.

Not sure. Not sure it's retail status, if it's still hard to find or used in a lot of places besides Amazon, but they'd stand to make more money off of digital, not having to deal with retail expenses. I notice a few other games are getting digital releases that were retailed before (MGS2/3/PW collections for example). I hope SNK still gives the digital/retail options now instead of just digital in the future.

Mad KoF is confirmed for SB!!! SSOOOO sad I can't go  :( it's gonna be sooooo hypeppppepepe!!!!

American players, get to practicing! Midwesterners start saving for that trip, it's gonna be crazy!
Is Mad sponsored now?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »
Who wants KOF XIII Evolution?

I think SNK should focus on updating the console version of XIII with more moves and more characters for the next Evolution tournament and release the game on PSN and XBL a few months before.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
I want netcode patch or PC version.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2012, 11:24:37 PM »

I think SNK should focus on updating the console version of XIII with more moves and more characters for the next Evolution tournament and release the game on PSN and XBL a few months before.

I'd prefer if they would refrain from doing that. giving characters just one additional move can change how the whole character functions and easily break the balance of the game. It all seems well planned out as it is, and while i'd gladly see more moves etc in the next installment, it's not worth it to kill this game for it.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »

I'd prefer if they would refrain from doing that. giving characters just one additional move can change how the whole character functions and easily break the balance of the game. It all seems well planned out as it is, and while i'd gladly see more moves etc in the next installment, it's not worth it to kill this game for it.

Definitely agree with this. Just add 10 new characters, if possible a second gauge for variety and invest on netcode. If they have trouble creating a good netcode they should not release XIV until it is good. From the other hand I'd like to see MI3 or NGBC 2 before XIV. XIII still has a long life.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:39 AM »
Hell just invest in netcode and put in another three dlc characters, release a complete version and give that netcode patch to the old version as goodwill.  Do this and I'll buy a second copy and the dlc copy just to show support.  I got my money ready, now does SNK have the goodwill to fix the netcode?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »

Definitely agree with this. Just add 10 new characters, if possible a second gauge for variety and invest on netcode. If they have trouble creating a good netcode they should not release XIV until it is good. From the other hand I'd like to see MI3 or NGBC 2 before XIV. XIII still has a long life.

I agree with this but I'd like to see XIV or a dream match before anything else. They should invest more in the netcode, heck they should revamp it and make it excellent world wide. They should give more attention to the digital market also, especially the PC. If they can bring the game digitally on PSN and XBLA then they can bring it on PC. They should bring their older games also on PSN not just XBLA; I'd like to see KoF2k2UM and 98UM on PSN.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2012, 08:41:13 PM »
I agree with this but I'd like to see XIV or a dream match before anything else. They should invest more in the netcode, heck they should revamp it and make it excellent world wide. They should give more attention to the digital market also, especially the PC. If they can bring the game digitally on PSN and XBLA then they can bring it on PC. They should bring their older games also on PSN not just XBLA; I'd like to see KoF2k2UM and 98UM on PSN.

I agree with you that we need to see XIV or a dream match before anything else, and the netcode really needs to get fix... but something that I will love see is a tournament move: 16th or 32th players that will be nice.

One thing! They need to announce something before the high of XIII goes down, I will said before the end of the year.
They just need to said they are working on something and show some pictures.
Xbox live: Chipymax

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00:26 PM »
I agree with you that we need to see XIV or a dream match before anything else, and the netcode really needs to get fix... but something that I will love see is a tournament move: 16th or 32th players that will be nice.

One thing! They need to announce something before the high of XIII goes down, I will said before the end of the year.
They just need to said they are working on something and show some pictures.

You got it right bro! they definitely should do that.

EDIT: I am soooooo HYPED!!! for the Japanese tournament!!! ATLAST KoF is getting it's share!

Thanks for the heads up David! Guys if you read the post which is in mmcafe keep reading the post down under hopefully we'll see that Mai player they're talking about and lets hope it'd be big!

BTW heard that SBO this year sucked anyone can confirm that? I saw the 3rd strike tourny not much attendance to that, dont know about the others though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:18:29 AM by Tyrant292 »