Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186795 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2012, 10:52:52 AM »
SCV was a failure? It moved over a million units, had a pretty hype Evo Top 8, and was at MLG for two seasons. I'd hardly call that a failure. Although it was pretty lacking in content for a SC game, it plays decently at least.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2012, 09:09:02 PM »
Plus I seriously doubt that Capcom is closing his FG division anytime soon, they still had to hype DS and if evertyhing else fails, they still had an street fighter V that you know will do well unless they really screw it big time

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
SCV was a failure? It moved over a million units, had a pretty hype Evo Top 8, and was at MLG for two seasons. I'd hardly call that a failure. Although it was pretty lacking in content for a SC game, it plays decently at least.

A million is a failure for a franchise like Soul Calibur. SFxT also sold over a million too. Was that a success too?

Also, EVO Top 8 was awful. I dunno what you're talking about, get your eyes checked. The game is total shit and has only gotten worse. Only thing keeping that stinker alive is its stubborn fanbase that accepts anything with the brand name on it.

Plus I seriously doubt that Capcom is closing his FG division anytime soon, they still had to hype DS and if evertyhing else fails, they still had an street fighter V that you know will do well unless they really screw it big time

Then why haven't we heard about anything for this coming year yet? No fighter in their usual 1st quarter spot. They are either done or scaling it WAY back. Not like it matters anyway, a new Darkstalkers is guaranteed to be total shit anyway.

Another Street Fighter is a WAYS away, why take away the steam IV already has?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:41:08 PM by Proto Cloud »

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

How can you see into the future to tell that the market will be flooded when it comes out?

It's hardly flooded now. What with the fantastic failures of SFxT, Skullgirls, BBCSEX and SCV? The small, but dedicated VF community? The fact that the only ones going to have a decent community are going to be P4A and TTT2? That DOAV may end up being a catastrophic failure like everything else Team Ninja has put out in the last few years? The possibility of Capcom putting their fighting division on hold like they do for everything that doesn't do well for them?

Wat? It sold over 50,000 copies in the first month, which is amazing for a indie fighter.

A million is a failure for a franchise like Soul Calibur. SFxT also sold over a million too. Was that a success too?

Also, EVO Top 8 was awful. I dunno what you're talking about, get your eyes checked. The game is total shit and has only gotten worse. Only thing keeping that stinker alive is its stubborn fanbase that accepts anything with the brand name on it.

Then why haven't we heard about anything for this coming year yet? No fighter in their usual 1st quarter spot. They are either done or scaling it WAY back. Not like it matters anyway, a new Darkstalkers is guaranteed to be total shit anyway.

Another Street Fighter is a WAYS away, why take away the steam IV already has?

What on earth are you talking about?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:13:00 PM by Terrastorm »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

They don't have an FG division. They lost that department after Capcom Fighting Jam. They outsource all of their fighters.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »
Reminder: If people would like to discuss other fighting games, they're welcome to do so here:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2012, 02:39:15 AM »
For the stream viewers/monsters, who's your favorite player to follow in playing XIII?

The guy who almost took Tokido in Brazil, Keiber Yagami, has caught my eye recently. And I still try to keep up with Yang Yao Ren and Reynald whenever they're on. How about y'all?

And as far as AfterShock, who do you expect will take it?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:55:01 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:16 AM »
For the stream viewers/monsters, who's your favorite player to follow in playing XIII?

The guy who almost took Tokido in Chile, Keiber Yagami, has caught my eye recently. And I still try to keep up with Yang Yao Ren and Reynald whenever they're on. How about y'all?

Wait what? Tokido has never been here

Kleber is from Brazil

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2012, 03:55:21 AM »

The guy who almost took Tokido in Chile, Keiber Yagami, has caught my eye recently. And I still try to keep up with Yang Yao Ren and Reynald whenever they're on. How about y'all?

Wait what? Tokido has never been here

Kleber is from Brazil

Sorry, my bad. Meant Brazil.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
Other than Witch Toucher I remember they released a bunch of Loli games for cellphones. They used to be on the SNKP JP site but I can't find it.

lol the witch-touching game isn't a hentai game, and neither is their Days of Memories series (the dating sim games w/ SNK characters)

I don't think you really know what a hentai game is, bro...

It wouldn't make sense for SNK to pay their developers to do nothing. Either they've shut down their gaming division, or they're paying them to do something.

We haven't heard anything about their gaming division closing, so the logical conclusion is that they're working on something.

KOF XIII was a success for SNKP. Now, there are several ways to build off a successful game. They could use the experience and talent to bring back another (less popular) IP, like Fatal Fury, Metal Slug or Samurai Shodown. This is somewhat risky. They could use the experience and talent to create a NEW IP. This is even riskier. Or, they could simply make a sequel to their successful game. This is the safest option.

Given SNKP's history, I'm guessing (just a hunch) that they're going with the safest option.

All in all, I'm pretty confident XIV is already in the works. But it may be a while before we hear about it.

I never said that they weren't doing anything. I'm just saying that whatever it is that they're working on, KOF XIV isn't it. They're most likely working on another dating game that no one outside of Japan cares about. I mean, SNK doesn't exactly make the wisest decisions when it comes to making games...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

lol the witch-touching game isn't a hentai game, and neither is their Days of Memories series (the dating sim games w/ SNK characters)

I

... Yeah because a game centered around touching and undressing clearly underage characters isn't Hentai...

Just saying. Generally if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck. It's a duck.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
Days of memories isn't hentay

The witches it is even though maybe isn't the exact meaning, they should do a third version, I recall reading that this game made  a good amount of money which helped in the development of XII and arguably XIII

But I think that they are doing some game, just had to wait, recall that XIII appeared suddenly (both for arcade and console) and in both times everybody thought that they were doing anything

Waifu Material

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »

Just saying. Generally if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck. It's a duck.

design pattern, i like them :D

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »

Alright guys I am starting a new discussion here so please I want to hear your thoughts.

How do you pick your characters in the game? what are your standards? Did you pick a character which you like but he/she doesn't suit you (it happened to me and I HATE IT!).

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2012, 12:30:56 AM »
had that with yuri, hate her standing normals but she has nice tools... it's really hard to decide whether or not to drop a character after doing so much grinding.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^