Author Topic: K' (Arcade Version)  (Read 47082 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K'
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
The change to his minute spike is really off putting, it comes out so late.  I couldn't even land simple corner driver cancel combo. 

Still a good showing atb_555.  I'm sure the timing just needs getting used to and it'll be fine.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
Thx guys I'll try and improve for the next event.  One thing I noticed is that I managed to score a small j.A cross up into bnb on a crouching EX Iori.  Which I swear I couldn't do in the earlier versions of the console port.     

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 07:37:50 AM »
I am sorry if this was addressed earlier.
I'm having trouble doing the narrow spike, dp+a [DC] narrow spike. repetitions
I can't seem to be able to pull off a narrow spike constantly, even when i'm not doing a combo.

Any tips?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
From what you say I guess you're not fast enough, try to explain more precisely your problem, I can't help you with so few informations.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
The first time you do it, you want to buffer the dp so you can do the qcb+K. If you try to do it uber late, then it's based on your speed. Give yourself the room you need by buffering.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »
From what you say I guess you're not fast enough, try to explain more precisely your problem, I can't help you with so few informations.

Is there a visual cue, or something that tells me when i should do the second qcb+b so a narrow spike will come out instead of a minute spike?

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »

Is there a visual cue, or something that tells me when i should do the second qcb+b so a narrow spike will come out instead of a minute spike?

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're talking about but to get from Minute Spike to Narrow Spike I input the second qcb+B BEFORE I even see the Minute Spike hit.

For the dp+A (DC) qcb+B you could try inputting f, qcf+A, hcb+B.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're talking about but to get from Minute Spike to Narrow Spike I input the second qcb+B BEFORE I even see the Minute Spike hit.

For the dp+A (DC) qcb+B you could try inputting f, qcf+A, hcb+B.

Just piggy backing on shortcut discussion from DemoNinja, you can also do your dp+A and then do up back or just a straight back. For some reason, that's read as a qcb move from your df move you did for the dragonpunch. So the notation is dp+A, b(ub)+k, qcb+k. He is right though. You shouldn't do it really, really fast, but you're guaranteed to hit them with the minute spike so you don't have to cancel exactly on hit. You can do it early.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
Hey guys remind me how to get qcf + P out of a dp during hd mode?

There was some funky ass shortcut.

Thx

EDIT: Nevermind its on the first page. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:41:22 AM by Atb_555 »

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
Sorry still have issues with the above mentioned shortcut.  Is that the only way to cancel a dp into trigger?

Also I can't recreate this combo: KOFXIII既存キャラ調整4

Specifically after Narrow Spike; st.A -> qcb + B/D(?) xx qcb + BD

Thx

EDIT: So I figured out that after the st.A you have to the air qcb + B xx air qcb + BD.  Just having difficulting getting it out fast enough as it feels like you can't tiger knee in this game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:26:45 PM by Atb_555 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Pretty sure you can. Just delay the input and do qcb=>ub+K and there you go. You can TK Leona's V-slasher as well as Kyo's Air Orichinagi so you definitely can do this.

EDIT:

If you look at today's Wednesday Brawl, TKO Supa tried a couple of times to do the same thing you were doing. He might have done it too late as it came out as jump B's, but still I can see it's being tried.

SUPER EDIT:

So, was in training mode with K' today.

Basically, he can't follow up his ein trigger into Second Shell (His launcher kick) unless you do C version Ein Trigger or d.B, qcf+P, f+D or st.C (1hit), qcf+P, f+D. That's not entirely accurate, but let me explain in that if he does C version Ein Trigger, you can't follow up anything either.

He's very meter dependent and he doesn't gain meter as fast as before. Outside of the corner, he only gains close to 40% meter for a regular BnB (or atleast anything you can do without meter. He can't link dp+C as far as I can tell with any combo starters without meter. This is a strange new K'.

There's plenty of other stuff you can do. If you TK his qcb+K so it's in the air, you can anywhere juggle off of a st.A. If you manage it, I'm pretty sure you could carry someone to the corner by doing standing A and that over and over again. That'd be a nice practice.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:09:47 PM by Reiki.Kito »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
Something I found out while messing around with the new properties of EX Ein Trigger to Second Shoot (all this combos can be extended except the one ending with J.CD to QCB+D) I kept forgetting to show this to Mr. KOF and The Answer

(Works Mid Screen as well) Standing C to QCF+AC to F+B to QCB+D to QCB+D to DP+A does 310 Damage and takes 1 meter and no drive meter

(Corner only) Standing C to QCF+AC to F+B to J.CD to QCB+D does 299 damages and takes 1 meter and no drive meter

(Corner only) Standing C to QCF+AC to F+B to J.CD to QCB+BD to DP+C does 394 damages and takes 2 meters and no drive meter

(Corner Only) Standing C (1hit) to one inch punch to HD Mode to Standing C to QCF+AC to F+B to QCB+D to QCB+D to DP+A (3 times) to EX Chain Drive I forgot what's the damage output for this but this takes 3 meter and 2 Drive Meter

I haven't try to use the Neo Max yet but I'll get to it

EX Ein Trigger to Second Shoot is amazing
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:42:35 AM by DJMirror949 »

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
Ex shot is easily his best new tool. I feel K''s neutral game overall is a lot weaker, cannot pressure with reckless trigger spam and the payoff from a confirm is generally lower.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
that's a pretty good find there i was wondering what it would be used for.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

VesperArcade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Hi everyone, I need some assistance if anyone can help me. I am trying to complete K' trials in mission mode and have everything completed except Trial 6.

The specific part I am stuck on is when I have to perform DP+A DC QCF+AC

Now I understand to prevent overlap of the super I must perform the DP+A as HCB-F+A

The issue is whenever I input QCF+AC afterwards I always get a Crow Bite (DP+AC). The weird part is that when I perform HCB-F+A DC QCF+A/C it works everytime. It is just specifically when I "EX" the move it changes to a DP.

The only way I have found to prevent this is doing a HCF, though it is not consistent. There has to be a easier way, if someone could enlighten me please.