Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87929 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
Dare I say intro poses / animations btw??

Why not, i would like that too :)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 06:49:09 AM »
a  tftp team would be a waste.

How so?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »
all you need is...

as good as GGPO netcode...
good practice mode for beginners and pros...

and important new characters that add variety to the gameplay, such as...

Yamazaki
Blue Mary
Billy
Vanessa
Duck King
Oswald
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 11:55:13 PM »
a  tftp team would be a waste.

How so?

To make 3 new character at the end of a saga, that PROBABLY won't appear in the next one, would be kinda sad.

If their story is to continue somehow (just as how the NEST and Orochi saga have characters who are still around), then it could be worthwhile, however. I'd love to see a playable Boton.

------

Anywho, I'd love it if the games home port added in a bunch of the "missing" stuff, such as more elaborate time out poses, alternate winposes/winposes after neomax for each character, better taunts for a few characters, A few more EX DMs/Specials/Command normals for characters that could use them, Alt designs/Color palettes for a few more/all characters, some more "special team" ending illustrations, and maybe, just maybe, a new character or 3. (It'd be fantastic if they did a "Fans vote" team, but instead, say, make the favorite character of the UK, US, and Mexico, for example)

My Dream port option would be for each team to have a mini-game made to present their backstory in this saga/the series, much like the neo-geo pocket CapVsSNK had minigames, or for a more recent game, the JP version of Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Make them single stage/screen, score based, leaderboard-friendly throwbacks to Neo-Geo games of old, kinda like the cellphone games SNKP has in Japan, and we'd have a nice way to increase value, pull in new fans, treat old fans, and keep the game played/talked about, even when it's not about the fighting action.

KoF needs to bank on it's personality to solidify itself. Just like Aksys did with BB. So it'd be great to see the UI really character based. Have Iori's band, the Psycho Soldiers, and CYS randomly playing the music on the soundtest screen. Use voice samples for mode selections (Terry screaming "OK!" when you select a mode, Sie screaming for Nikuman's when selecting extras, etc.)

The biggest problem of XII was that it didn't feel like a full product to many people. Compare it to MI, and how successful it was in the states. Look at how much enjoyable extra content those games offered. MI series is probably the best blueprint as to how to make KoF and SNKP into a more well known brand/company.

It'd be great to see another NeoGeo Arcade stage like the one in MI2, for that matter; Every character your fought brought with them a classic theme from various neo-geo games. It'd be great to have something similiar in XIII.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
I'd love to see a playable Boton.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one. I figure: "Well, she didn't die. So why not make her playable in the port?" I could definitely see her being in future sagas as well. I would love that.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
Don't really care for the bells and whistles (story, extras etc) so all I would really like is a good port, fast load times, great online and a good practice mode (with a record function).

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
What would be nice from a consumer perspective is a KoF Back Story detailing the events of the previous KoF Tourneys. 

Other than that:
- Good netcode
- Practice mode with record functionality
- Color Edit would be nice
- Ability to save offline and online replays

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
I'd love to see a playable Boton.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one. I figure: "Well, she didn't die. So why not make her playable in the port?" I could definitely see her being in future sagas as well. I would love that.

You're certainly not the only one. She espeically I wanted to see. Just like Shen, Duo Lon, and a few others, she'd be great to see in future installments.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
@ SAB-CA ...for all that to happen... SNK would need the help of a bigger company's cash like capcom... SNK just doesn't have the $$ for all of these...

but yes it would be awesome to see an overkill package for KOF games... BUT that might also make them SELL OUT... so after all i like my SNK the way it is... even with all this new technology KOFXIII still gives the feel of old school... something that capcom lost by greed of $$...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Majestic12

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
A great net code would be the best (ok its obvious i know) then you can add some cutsy stuff (even on dlc i don't mind) but actually i would buy it no matter what.
I would love to see the orochi team but don't think thats gonna happen (o.chris <3).

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:58 PM »
netcode

replay saving like in ssf4

view friends last replay like sf4 vanilla

training mode while you are waiting for an online match (like sf4 arcade mode)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:57:52 PM by Gramas »

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 02:54:53 AM »
*Hello. I've been lurking on the forums for a while now. Decided to make an account out of boredom*

Anyways, a good netcode goes without saying really. It'll definitely be the 'make or break' factor for this game. A good training mode would be great. Put in Survival Mode, 1 VS 1, and some other stock-standard fighting game modes, of course. An Edit Mode for character colours would be nice, but it's not really needed due to the insane amount of palettes available for each character.

SNK should really aim to continue supporting the game for a while (atleast 6-8 months really) regarding balance + possible DLC content. Although, I really don't think much has to be changed barring the top 4 (mainly K' and Raiden's dropkick, Kula and Liz would only need minor tweaks imo). My suggestions for them are roughly the same as everyone elses, so I won't bother posting them.

As for new characters...I would like to see a tftp team. You can tell that SNKp initially wanted to have one, due to their unveiling in the early trailers. If we were to get such a boss team, I'd predict that it'd be Mukai-Botan-Saiki (before absorbing Mukai). Also, yeah, they probably wouldn't appear in the storyline after 13, but they could still appear in dream match games (every 4th game in the series seems to be a dream match title. since KOF14 is the 4th game since 2002, I assume it'll be a dream match title) Other teams & characters I would like to appear in the home port:

Billy-Yamazaki-B.Mary
Vanessa-Ramon-Seth
Chang-Jhun-Choi
Adelheid [single entry]
Shingo [single entry?]
Shion [secret boss]
Brocken [secret boss lol]

Probably not all of the above, but some of them would be nice. As much as I would love to see the Krauser-Geese-Mr. Big team return, that ain't gonna happen lol
~~~

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
1) Have a better netcode
2) Good story mode(kinda like BB)
3) Balance Raiden drop kick and etc
4) More colors and if possible DLC chars
5) A better practice mode and Challenge/trial mode
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »
Besides the obvious like good netcode, balance K, Raiden, Liz, give us some few new characters, i would really like them to let your team stand in the background and emote etc like they did in all the KoFs up to 98. I would also like if there is a draw game on your last two characters to go to a sudden death with those two like in KoF 94'

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Just give me Gai Tendo, Billy Kane, Vanessa, Heavy D!, Eiji, Geese, Mr. Big, and Gato...

Ok, good netcode, a good replay mode, indepth training mode/tutorial, and a bunch of unlockables (gallery, icons, etc.)