Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119625 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page

Good for you. If you dislike KOF XIII so much, then just stop talking about it and stop pretending it exists. Go back to playing your beloved KOF predominantly K' mirror matches with endless qcf + P spamming 2002 UM.

I know I can't convince you that your misguided beliefs about harder execution = better and more competitive game are wrong, but I can tell you to stop bashing a great KOF game.

STOP!

Dude, you REALLY need to chill and relax. Why are you getting bent out of shape from his opinion? Plus, why are you editing his post with a quote "Misinformed and biased post" while you are being misinformed and biased yourself? He's not attacking anyone, why are you attacking him?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Good for you. If you dislike KOF XIII so much, then just stop talking about it and stop pretending it exists. Go back to playing your beloved KOF predominantly K' mirror matches with endless qcf + P spamming 2002 UM.

I know I can't convince you that your misguided beliefs about harder execution = better and more competitive game are wrong, but I can tell you to stop bashing a great KOF game.

STOP!

Dude, you REALLY need to chill and relax. Why are you getting bent out of shape from his opinion? Plus, why are you editing his post with a quote "Misinformed and biased post" while you are being misinformed and biased yourself? He's not attacking anyone, why are you attacking him?

It's true, my post was full of passive aggressiveness, but all I really did was let him know where he was wrong.

Where am I being misinformed and biased? I at least let him know.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
You are just attacking him with no facts

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Saying you require meter to do anywhere-juggle moves isn't a fact? Saying some people prefer a certain playstyle over another isn't a fact?

I'm starting to doubt either of you read absolutely everything I posted.

Please get past the idea that I was "attacking" him and that I just wanted to point out some wrong things, albeit in a wrong way.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Saying you require meter to do anywhere-juggle moves isn't a fact? Saying some people prefer a certain playstyle over another isn't a fact?

I'm starting to doubt either of you read absolutely everything I posted.

Please get past the idea that I was "attacking" him and that I just wanted to point out some wrong things, albeit in a wrong way

All you were doing was just questioning his opinion. You were just attacking and raging at him because he was expressing things in the game HE DIDN'T LIKE. Even if he is 'bashing' the game, why not just log off and do something else instead of attack him for no reason? He wasn't even really saying anything wrong or erroneous (the Hwa statement was very opinionated) he was just pointing out specific features in the game he and his crew was frustrated with in the game.

Just cool it. Bring drama elsewhere. Seriously.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:07:21 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Saying you require meter to do anywhere-juggle moves isn't a fact?

No, because you are wrong on that point. K' has a meterless anywhere juggle move.

In defence of Kof13;

I'm of the opinion that easy = good. Games shouldn't be hard for the sake of being hard, you should feel like you are in control and imo that is the case in kof13.

When it comes to complicated versus simple combos and scaling etc i will argue that kof13 has great balance. Most characters can do good damage with simple enough combos and they can just combo into neomax after hitconfirming HD for 5-600 damage typically wich is good. But then again, if they do a complete HD combo they may be able to do 7-800 damage for the same amount of meter wich means that the effort of doing big combos, atleast for some characters is very much worth it. Knowing the HD options that don't require bar might allow you to get good, even great damage out of your HD combos and still leave you with great options after a reset for example. So, effort is rewarded but you're not screwed just because you don't have the execution or confidence to do big combos yet.

In my own opinion, kof13 is great and if they would just tweak some stuff, for example reduce damage slightly for takuma/mr karate/hwa jai, say by 10 damage per hien shinpuukyaku/dragon tail (possibly karate's dragon punches and fireballs aswell) and the scaling already in place will make them deal more normal damage.

If the next kof game builds on 13 and fixes the little annoying things sprinkled around and ofcourse, adds some new characters, i'm sure it would be amazing, atleast to me.

Also, i like HD but i'd be fine with seeing it go just to see the next game play out differently.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Exceptions don't make the rule.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hwa, Raiden, Takuma have anywhere juggles for no meter if I remember correctly. Anyway, think KOF XIII is great. If someone thinks it's not, well...okay! Doesn't really matter 'cause it's the thing to do now.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
KOFXIII is a awesome game through and through - especially for this current generation of fighting games.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Takuma's only anywhere juggle is EX Zanretsuken, yo.

XIII is great and it's a fun game to explore. The only thing that they need to really address IMO is the weakness of most characters' grounded normals in the mid range footsie context. While this is KoF we're talking about, in XIII jumping attacks are relatively braindead since checking them from the ground has become a significantly weaker option. The game can also at times feel like a cr.B and EX fest. That being said, I think it's still a competitive game and is far ahead of anything else out.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Aw damn man, i don't have twitter and i don't want to get it. Ah well, really cool that you aquired some codes for the community.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Hope to be there :p

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I had to signup to twitter for this >_>
Entered!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
what about juggling all day every day in KOFXIII?

What about it? It isn't as bad as you make it out to be, especially considering how it was worse in KOF XI. Plus, to keep juggling in KOF XIII, you always have to spend additional meter/drive to do so.

I'm gonna step in and disagree here. Juggling in KOFXIII is way more more stupid than in XI. Some characters even build ridiculous amounts of meter during the combo, so it isn't even an issue.

I mean just look at Hwa. It's total nonsense that you can juggle for so long with the same move(s). It's painfully long, repetitive, and boring. At least in 98 or even 2k2 you can hit a 4 hit bnb and actually do reasonable damage that is over quickly. I just generally dislike how really long combo's are now the "norm" in XIII. It's not what KOF was about.

Also it's ALWAYS in the corner, I think the ability to corner carry in XIII is just way too strong. The corner itself is too strong in this game compared to some other fighters. Sometimes I think midscreen in KOFXIII doesn't exist.

I like KOFXIII and I'll support it because it supports SNK, but I think it's a severely flawed game. I'm not saying 98 or 2k2 are perfect either though, both those games are pretty stupid if you ask me, but they get basic things right that KOFXIII got wrong.

With that said...

PLAY REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2.

Or Garou:Mark Of The Wolves.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:00:14 PM by Running Wild »