Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119618 times)

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Can anyone quantify what the Mexicans are doing with the neutral game? Because whenever I watch them play KOF I feel there's something different to their movement that I don't see basically anywhere else, but can't really put a finger on what, exactly. I just know it gives me chills.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
What I notice is they change speeds better then most. Most KOF gamers either play fast and offensive or very slow and defensively. Mexican players can play at a medium speed with the ability to change on a dime. It gives them enough speed to force the players to work on establishing their space and rhythm but it's slow enough to play defensively as well by not getting too caught up in your offensive game.

Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
What I notice is they change speeds better then most. Most KOF gamers either play fast and offensive or very slow and defensively. Mexican players can play at a medium speed with the ability to change on a dime. It gives them enough speed to force the players to work on establishing their space and rhythm but it's slow enough to play defensively as well by not getting too caught up in your offensive game.

I'd also throw in that they're good at change ups.  So many people commit to a style and don't change it.  If they're losing, they either double down on it or give up.  Mexican people go at a slightly different pace where they can catch themselves if they ruin an offensive run and slip into defense if need be.  It's kind of like throwing a punch, realizing it won't connect then just taking a step back to get your bearings back.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Someone compiled a list of DMs from most to least damaging.

http://pastebin.com/KqtXWXnK
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF XIII confirmed for EVO 2014, now 3 years running.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/06/evo-2014-lineup-revealed/
-Terry Bogard, 1995

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
awww yeahhh.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
It's on now... KOF is here again!!!!!

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
So if KoFXIII didn't make it to Evo would in the KoF Community would step up and organize a side tournament? or would it have been a collective effort between the various communities around the world like Orochinagi and Dream Cancel?

I'm just kind of wondering about what the reaction from the KoF community would have been if KoFXIII didn't make it to Evo. I would hope that the community as a whole would step up and organize a side tournament at Evo instead of kicking and screaming like the Tekken and Smash communities have been doing.

Hell, the Skullgirls community stepped their shit up and got their donations going and did their own side tournament for the last 2 years. The community over at Dustloop always set up a Guilty Gear side tourney every year. People run 3S, CVS2, and MvC2 side tourneys as well. I don't really understand why the other communities need to make a big fuss over their game not making it in. I understand it's disappointing but if the community is there then there's nothing stopping them from setting up their own side tourney at Evo. 

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I think it was EVO 2011 where there was a community side-effort for KOF; not sure if it was a cab of 13, but I think it was. I believe we would've organized a side tournament if we didn't make it, and communities like DC and Orochinagi would be pitching in.

Probably what brought KOF XIII back twice was the varied amount of international support, and the hype and viewership the game brings to EVO. With Tekken and Smash, and SG communities, I'd also hope they'd ask to organize something to have a presence at EVO. The kicking and screaming I do understand, just because it's over who deserves to be a main game at EVO, but results and effects count too.  As good as I believe XIII is, I admit we probably got lucky, especially this year as TTT2 or Smash could've replaced XIII with the smaller # of main games. If XIII doesn't make it to 2015, side tournament is the first thing we should be aiming for, and I think we will.

But speaking of EVO, since it's a 360 tournament this year, do you guys think a lot of PS3 players worldwide could be hindered by the platform change?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
This is probably gonna be XIII's last Evo. I'm sure there will be an announcement of a new KOF later this year.

It's disappointing to see an Evo with no 3D fighting games though.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
This is probably gonna be XIII's last Evo. I'm sure there will be an announcement of a new KOF later this year.

Yeah, though as snkp seems to be hiring 3d people it's not quite safe to say if we get MI3 or Kof14 if they indeed do get a new game out. I hope for 14 though i know that there are people who want MI3.

And yeah.. I really like vf5fs and ttt2 is good aswell. They are some of my favorite games to watch on stream, kind of a booking failure in my opinion.

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

Yeah, though as snkp seems to be hiring 3d people it's not quite safe to say if we get MI3 or Kof14 if they indeed do get a new game out. I hope for 14 though i know that there are people who want MI3.

And yeah.. I really like vf5fs and ttt2 is good aswell. They are some of my favorite games to watch on stream, kind of a booking failure in my opinion.

3d games are a bit hard to watch if you're not familiar with them, tbh. A lot of it runs on data and not just how things look. That said, I'd much rather watch Tekken/VF5 than KI. That game is utterly unwatchable.

As far as new KOF goes, I hope later than sooner. I want KOF13 SE to grow first. Besides which, 13 is so good that the new game is very likely to be worse.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'm just kind of wondering about what the reaction from the KoF community would have been if KoFXIII didn't make it to Evo. I would hope that the community as a whole would step up and organize a side tournament at Evo instead of kicking and screaming like the Tekken and Smash communities have been doing.

In my opinion, the hardcore KOF community would not care much. The spectators who only watch it, for entertainment, would make a bigger fuss.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:47:24 PM by Amedø310 »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
13 is so good that the new game is very likely to be worse.

It would be pretty hard to make a KOF game as shitty as 13 is.

Then again there are so many shitty KOF games... it wouldn't be hard at all.

I'm praying we get a fighting game from SNK that isn't KOF.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:30:07 AM by Running Wild »

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
13 is so good that the new game is very likely to be worse.

It would be pretty hard to make a KOF game as shitty as 13 is.

Then again there are so many shitty KOF games... it wouldn't be hard at all.

I'm praying we get a fighting game from SNK that isn't KOF.

Leaving aside your sentiments on XIII (I love it)..... NGBC 2 would be nice. Or Garou 2. Or *any awesome SNK game from the late 90's-early 2000's games that deserves a sequel*. That being said, I am really happy that KOF is back and hope we get another awesome top 8!
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM