Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119610 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Holy shit Tokido. That is all. o_o

So it doesn't seem like we're having much of a reaction to the tournament or to Tokido winning it for some reason.... was his win that predictable?

There are a lot of reactions to the tournament and Tokido winning just somewhere else than here  ;) I guess some people didn't expect him winning because they see him as a sf background than overall FG player. I'm pretty impressed he step up a lot. Seeing Frionnel and Fox making pretty far was great. It sucks Khannibalito didn't make it to the top 8.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Results of CafeID Tournement anyone?

KoF 4 EVA

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Hey guys next week on the Dream Cancel Live podcast we will be interview Khannibalito with El Colt from Mexico City about his trip to Korea. If you guys have any questions, post them here in this thread (quote this post) we will ask them on Wednesday at 8:30pm Central time.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hey guys next week on the Dream Cancel Live podcast we will be interview Khannibalito with El Colt from Mexico City about his trip to Korea. If you guys have any questions, post them here in this thread (quote this post) we will ask them on Wednesday at 8:30pm Central time.

1. What are the main differences between how different countries that play KOF, if any, that he saw? (In terms of playstyle, character preferences, meter usage ideals, etc.)

2. Who was the best player he faced on his trip and why?

3. What does he think of the current level of Japanese KOF players overall?

4. How does he feel about the current character selection trends in KOF, and what (if at all) does that say to him about the game's balance, especially after what he saw in Korea?

5. How does he feel about his placement in the tournament, and what does he have in mind for future tournaments based on that?

Assuming that not all the above get asked, I am most interested in hearing his answers to questions 4 and 5.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

1. What is your history with KOF?

2. What do you want to see out of a new KOF game?

3. What are your thoughts of Xuandou Zhiwang/King Of Combat?

4. If you could change anything about KOFXIII, what would you change?

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
How much do you think there's left to explore in the game? For example, in SF4 Oni and Chun have recently risen a lot in prominence.
Do you think there is a lot of unexplored potential left in the "low tiers"?
Why does Japan seem to be unusually Iori-Karate-Kim heavy?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Whats your training regime?

Whats your thoughts about KOF 02 UM compare to 02?

What do you think the community should be doing to increase the growth?

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
so QQ gets KOF02UM in addition to KOF98UM FE
can some one explain to me how does QQ works and how they generate profits?

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Everyone probably knows already but:

Reynald vs. Tokido FT10 @ Northwest Majors

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos

Time:

Friday 6:30pm PST
Friday 9:30pm EST
Friday 8:30pm Mexico City
Saturday 2:30am London
Saturday 4:30am Finland
Saturday 10:30am Seoul
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:06:57 PM by Coffeeling »

kin3tix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
This should be an amazing set! Thanks for breaking it down for all the different timezones.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
It's been a while I haven't see a exhibition. This is going to be hype!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Everyone probably knows already but:

Reynald vs. Tokido FT10 @ Northwest Majors

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos

Who do you guys think will win tonight? I really want Reynald to win but I don't wanna sleep on Tokido's skill. That ID Global Tournament win was a pretty big deal even though not many North American players attended.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'll put my bet on Reynald. Tokido is great and i will be very impressed if he can take this long set but i think Reynald will be hard to face and should have more ability to adapt during this set. If not by knowledge and experience then atleast by possible character picks because Tokido only plays four characters as far as i know. Granted those four are good enough to win anything but they, or he might have some bad matchups that can be exploited.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
I really dun see this as much of a problem for Reynald I think he will take it 10-4..  His Ex-Kyo and Beni would do a lot of the work..

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
My money is on Tokido.