Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 347554 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1380 on: May 05, 2016, 10:45:48 AM »
End of August comes surprisingly fast. I still think that SNK has enough material to make trailers or other stuff, like releasing music tracks to listen, promotional artwork etc.

I've always been person who hasn't known what I want to be when I grow up. Recently I realized that my life long dream has been to make a video or be part of the process somehow. Never been sure about that, until now. Too bad that studied humanistic subjects at school, apparently they aren't that useful at that job.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:19:33 AM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 05, 2016, 11:06:37 AM »
Even if they release 2 trailers a week, it would be roughly 4 months and that's not including the system, character and playmodes section. So I'm expecting atleast 2 vids a week hopefully lol

Just watching my son,  partner works whilst I'm self studying blender. I can do modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging and a little animation. I need to start looking for work real soon as it's all about making the dough and haven't made any yet  :(
Looks like I'm not the only 3d artist here! :D

Let's see if we have some trailer or website update today... Looks like is Golden Week in Japan. I guess that's why we didn't have any news or images this week.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:17:22 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »
Even if they release 2 trailers a week, it would be roughly 4 months and that's not including the system, character and playmodes section. So I'm expecting atleast 2 vids a week hopefully lol

Just watching my son,  partner works whilst I'm self studying blender. I can do modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging and a little animation. I need to start looking for work real soon as it's all about making the dough and haven't made any yet  :(
Looks like I'm not the only 3d artist here! :D

Let's see if we have some trailer or website update today... Looks like is Golden Week in Japan. I guess that's why we didn't have any news or images this week.

Everyone's an artist these days lol

@Custle: I agree, you can create a 3D character or a world with tools.. But then to get them to work in a gaming programme is even more troublesome.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 05, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
My guess is 3 team gameplay videos -Japan, FF, Yagami- uploaded at noon JST (May 6th) on the official SNK Youtube for linking on the game site (they will show up on the international PlayStation channel some hours later I guess), because that would leave 15 gameplay videos -the remaining 13 teams and the 2 bosses- for launch each Friday, and once May 6th goes we'll exactly have 15 Fridays before the game release week. I'm insisting on Friday because SNK uploaded teasers on their own channel on Fridays at noon JST.

I don't feel like taking guesses about non-team trailers and KOF Station, those sections have 4 slots each but SNK could edit them, you never know...
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 05, 2016, 11:28:59 PM »
@Mickey Kusanagi: that would still be Thursday for us tho xD

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 06, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
Yeah.. pretty sure trailer will be tomorrow (thursday) with FREAKINGKENSOUINIT!

Here in Costa Rica we have lot of call centers, so I've had worked for Bank of America, Windows, Mckesson.. pretty international stuff that otherwise i would never had imagine.
Now I'm applying for a really prestigious call center... i know it sounds silly but it is prestigious as fuck xD

Btw, where are you from?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:32:16 AM by Arkayruz »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 06, 2016, 12:53:56 PM »
We'll If they don't release anything today I guess they used Friday as a bridge day of sorts for a prolonged weekend.

I'm from Krautland aka Germany.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 06, 2016, 12:59:19 PM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 06, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
I wonder is that green effect some sort counter move from Angel?

I live in Finland, near the border of Sweden.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 06, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
@Mickey Kusanagi: that would still be Thursday for us tho xD
Isn't noon JST 5AM in Italy and Germany during DST? ^^; My guess was wrong anyway LOL. Golden Week in Japan is like Christmas in Italy...time stops for some days x'D

I'm from Taranto (Southern Italy) by the way. A little town 60km away from here, Ostuni, is the setting for the Italy stage in KOFXI. Imagine my pride when I saw it :D (OT: my neighborhood is getting full of fiber-ready cables of my ISP...just in time for KOFXIV!!)

Great screen today *_* My memories of Angel are so blurry, but I vaguely remember she has a counter, and that green light is akin to the one we saw over and over in Geese and Ryo's trailer :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:11:58 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 06, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »
Every type of move can be distinguished by its color in XIV. Red colors are Lights  ;a ;b (consecutive reds are rush) orange are heavies  ;c ;d , green are counters. Yellow might be command normals. Blue is for blocking and possibly flashing white for just defend.

@Micky Kusanagi: they release it 12 Am on the verge from Thursday into Friday. It's 17 PM our time by then.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:53:48 PM by The Good Loser »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 06, 2016, 02:49:06 PM »
Green seems to denote a counter of some sort (Ryo seems to get it on his parries though), and that stance is her counter super stance. I wonder if it still has different animations for airborne attacks vs grounded ones. I speculated previously that her elbow may just be part of that super this time around, as each character is supposed to have 2 DMs/SDMs and a Climax, I believe her elbow will be just be part of the SDM counter.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 06, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
That shot looks so good, a bigger version: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChvMK8gUkAAn9mL.jpg:orig

Both my day 1 ladies are looking hawt.

The color indicators are as follows:

White = just defend
Blue = autoguard
Green = parry/counter

I really like this implementation, lets you easily tell what's going on even if you are unfamiliar with a move.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:26:46 PM by Diavle »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 06, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
@Micky Kusanagi: they release it 12 Am on the verge from Thursday into Friday. It's 17 PM our time by then.
That's for uploads on the international PlayStation channel, I was talking about uploads on SNK's own Youtube channel, which usually happens at 12PM JST :D

Do you remember the April 25th trailers were first uploaded on SNKPlaymoregame and only a few hours after on PlayStation? I guess things are gonna stay this way now that the game has gone through the teasers phase...just a gut feeling.

Thank you for the hitspark color breakdown, it was said before but I didn't care to memorize it ^^;

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:49:01 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 06, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »
Yep they are back from Golden Week!

Where's our trailer then -_-

They also linked to wallpapers/icons: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/special/

The faces look good.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:58:10 PM by Diavle »