Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70719 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2012, 04:47:06 AM »
I'll probably be fighting some of the WC players on PSN soon. I'm hoping Jinx is on both XBL and PSN too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2012, 05:41:17 AM »
Yes, I'm on both psn and xbl. When I played Vanilla VF5, I was able to battle JP players with good latency here in SD, and even when I was living in TX.

Oh yeah, Dandy J to the rescue for those new cats learning VF. Honestly, the game tut was good, just not 4Evo good, but whatever. Enjoy:

How to play Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:31 AM »
jinx I wanna get some matches in with ya sometime on PSN.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2012, 05:14:09 PM »
I played against jinx and the ping was okay, maybenot competitive but it was very playable (and not kof level of playable)

Btw, in japan, which is the button layout?

I alway thought that was

KG
P

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
jinx I wanna get some matches in with ya sometime on PSN.

Add me. I've got mad space on psn. I might be on today.

I played against jinx and the ping was okay, maybenot competitive but it was very playable (and not kof level of playable)

Btw, in japan, which is the button layout?

I alway thought that was

KG
P

You'll find most button layouts to be the tradition GPK like this:

P K
G

If you goto the button check mode in character select, you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's a better illustration:

I've been to some arcades that had 6 buttons, but only the top 3 buttons were used, and they were in the GPK order. I can't recall seeing any other layout that was different (SNK button layouts are a different story :-p).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:56:38 PM by jinxhand »

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2012, 07:21:43 AM »
I know I'm late, but thanks again Jinx for the matches. That Jeffery xp was needed. My buddy Macc and I are heading to Cali for the Wednesday VF fights next week. Hope to see you and anyone else at EVO. I'm still hungry for more matches so whenever I see you on Live I'll be callin'

This challenge also goes for anyone else. I want my Aoi exposed to all. That's the only way i'm gonna level up. Normally off Fridays and Saturdays so look for me anytime pst. Sunday-Tuesday anytime after 9pm pst. Wednesday & Thursday 10am-2pm pst or anytime after midnight.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »
No sweat man... I can't make it to Evo this year (too much stuff on my plate), but I do plan on it next year though (I literally have everything planned out). I'm trying to get a couple of buddies of mine together to carpool to WNF and possibly TRB, since I got a few cats interested in VF and we all play KOF as well...

Some stuff I don't know I posted here about Aoi:

* In Vanilla VF5, Aoi had the slowest P which was 12f. It's still 12f, but with the system overhaul they did, it's about as fast as the majority of the cast. Eileen has 11f P which is the fastest (it used to be 10f).

* 6P+G still gives a free PK.

* 43P can work well instead of a simple 2P at times. It causes stagger, which can open up for some mixups, or if they don't break the stagger, a free followup to combo.

* Anytime you decide to do 33P(it's really 23P, but you can buffer it with 33), always hit P+G on hit in case it connects so you can get that free damage. It's -13 on block though, so anyone can PK or do something equally fast.

*In conjunction with speed and G-canceling strings, Aoi needs to learn when to delay strings, especially PP6P, as elbow generally beats out 2P, and aside from the standard P 6P setup most characters have, she has that in a form of a string also. Her PP2_8 helps, too, if she's getting too predictable.

*66P is her other elbow. Normally, it closes the gap safely (-6 on block), and now it has better options with Sundome. If you watch any Aoi matches, you'll see what I'm talking about...

I'm trying to get back on some of the other characters I used to play from VF2 til 5, so I'll try to post up some Lion, Lau, Aoi, LeiFei, Akira, Brad, little bit o' Vanessa, Taka, and possibly Sarah stuff. I played more Lau, Lion and Aoi throughout the years, but didn't pick Aoi up til Vanilla VF4.

Taka's ridiculous btw... He has at least 2-3 moves that I can think of that lead to a free combo. On top of that, he's super heavyweight, so not only do certain combos not work on him and he can only be combo'd so much before landing, but certain strings that cause knockdown on others don't work on him. Jeffry's 3PP, and I think Jacky's 6PK are one's that come to mind. Add to the fact that weight class doesn't affect movement, so he's as fast as everybody else in the game just about. He's a good character to learn, but he's straight up a bandwagon character right now from what I see. It's VF3 all over again...

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »
Thanks for the intell Jinx. Sucks you won't be making it out to EVO.
It's true about Taka. After fighting a few I have yet to see any amazing players with him, but those I
do come across will abuse his weight class and good speed.
I've had to come up with new little strings just for him.
It's truly annoying.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »
WRESTLING IS THE ULTIMATE E-SPORTS

Waifu Material

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2012, 05:17:18 AM »
I've had a bad week online with this game.  I've spent a lot of time in the lab, and playing offline with friends.  I step online and can't do anything because of my connection now.  And when I had a good connection I kept running into scrubs.  The game is still fun at least, hopefully some of the people I've been able to play against online will be online soon.  I just hate that I can't apply what I do offline to online play.  Can't wait to move and get somewhere that has some decent internet.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »
Now that I think of it, I have already fought you Jinxhand, right?

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2012, 04:52:01 AM »
If only I had money to get this ;_;.

Now I'm stuck with just regular VF5 for now.
You're too slow!!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »

Yes, I've fought your Jean a few times. I'm diggin' it!!! Is this your first VF?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2012, 04:53:04 AM »

Yes, I've fought your Jean a few times. I'm diggin' it!!! Is this your first VF?

I had VF4 Evo and VF5 before this one, but never played it against anyone, only vs the computer. So yeah, this is my first VF in which I fight against people so I had to "learn" the game.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2012, 09:44:41 PM »
Let's start learning what to punish!!!

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/336409/1

Now you don't have to look at the frame data chart, per sé... Vids will keep getting pumped out compliments of Johoseph.

Word of caution: the character punishing is Lau, so while the standard P for most is 12 frames, some characters have 10f jabs like Eileen and Kage. Also, if there's a move that Lau uses that "your" character doesn't have, like Jeffry's 6P+K isn't the same as Lau's, you can replace that move with a move of your own, just as long as it has the right number of frames.