Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world

Started by solidshark, February 22, 2011, 07:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xxenace

i didn't watch all the street but its pretty fun to watch i really want to start getting into vf if i can

jinxhand

You know I'm on that joint right now, son!!!

Yeah you need to get on it man... It's as honest as KoF, but in 3d...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Xxenace

Quote from: jinxhand on February 11, 2012, 07:12:04 AM

ive been picking at vf 5 for a while and 3d fighters aren't exactly for strong suit (fighting games in general aren't) but if you can give me any tips i would appreciate it

jinxhand

Quote from: Xxenace on February 11, 2012, 07:34:20 AM
Quote from: jinxhand on February 11, 2012, 07:12:04 AM

ive been picking at vf 5 for a while and 3d fighters aren't exactly for strong suit (fighting games in general aren't) but if you can give me any tips i would appreciate it

Hit me up during the week... I'll be available to show some things... We can even just practice in VS mode or whatever... I'll be up on xbl chat, too...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Ashspiralingblood

jinxhand

I'm actually surprised that there's diversity in the stream... Normally, there's a plethora of Akira players in those tournaments, and over here, there's a plethora of Goh players...

Despite it's general balance, in ver.C, people did tier whore with Shun, Pai, and Lei Fei though...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

sibarraz

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120223

1. First footage of the actual console version (digital release only - reduced price compared to disc release).
2. Tutorial/Training Modes reminiscing VF4:Evo Tutorial Modes (!!!)
3. Online Rooms (Up to 8 people)
4. 10,000+ customizable items DLC

Sega you win

Waifu Material

jinxhand

Players in the EU can buy VF4 EVO on PSN for pretty cheap... The port runs a bit slow on like one stage (I think Jeffry's stage), but it's still a good deal for what it's worth... At the very least, you have a means of learning the game, and when FS drops, the tutorial for that can get you up to speed on the current system changes...

For those wanting to learn without the EVO tut, this can help:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:start

Anyone going to Norcal Regionals???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Emperor Paine

I wanted to go to NCR but not enough funds.
VF is such a wonderful game. Anyone wanna get any matches in and stop out my Aoi hit me up on live.
EmperorPaine = gamertag

If you see anything stating Las Vegas or hakkenden leader, then that is me.

jinxhand

Quote from: Emperor Paine on March 19, 2012, 07:09:02 AM
I wanted to go to NCR but not enough funds.
VF is such a wonderful game. Anyone wanna get any matches in and stop out my Aoi hit me up on live.
EmperorPaine = gamertag

If you see anything stating Las Vegas or hakkenden leader, then that is me.

Hey I sent you a friend invite... Which characters do you use???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Emperor Paine

Aoi.
I would like to get into Pai as well, but funk learning 2 characters.
Especially when there is so much to learn with 1. lol

jinxhand

Quote from: Emperor Paine on March 25, 2012, 06:19:27 PM
Aoi.
I would like to get into Pai as well, but funk learning 2 characters.
Especially when there is so much to learn with 1. lol

There's not too much to learn with Pai... She's Lau with better defensive options... She has a better stance (actually she has 2 stances), and with that, better options from it... Her offense isn't strong, same with her throws, but she has good options from some of her throws, too... She's easier to pick up than Aoi, because with Aoi, it's constant mixup into a grab, counter hit bait, sabaki, or some method of interrupting movement, which Aikijutsu is about: interrupting to break (Aikido) with an emphasis on throws (Jujutsu/Jujitsu) utilizing both hard and soft methods...

Anyway, let's get some matches in whenever... Same goes for anyone else interested...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Proto Cloud

Quote from: sibarraz on February 24, 2012, 06:34:29 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120223

1. First footage of the actual console version (digital release only - reduced price compared to disc release).
2. Tutorial/Training Modes reminiscing VF4:Evo Tutorial Modes (!!!)
3. Online Rooms (Up to 8 people)
4. 10,000+ customizable items DLC

Sega you win

Sega finally doing a solid for the fans.

Saitsuofleaves

If it has the Tutorials and Training Modes of VF4:Evo, then I might definitely give it a look if the netcode is solid.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on March 29, 2012, 09:36:20 PM
If it has the Tutorials and Training Modes of VF4:Evo, then I might definitely give it a look if the netcode is solid.

I remember trying some of those trials out at a friends house who had the game, and they were difficult as fuck once you get to the really advanced stuff.

I also liked the arcade simulator mode (?) it had that made you play AI that resembled certain players in different game rooms in Japan. It was pretty cool. One of the few games where you can level up by just the game teaching you everything that was in it.

I will be picking up and playing VF5: FS most definitely. I played a couple of hours of it at Final Round XV, and it was fun as hell.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."