Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547775 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
KOF has so many fan favourite characters that never made it to XIII that it makes absolutely no sense to pile more new characters into the series. This just pushes classics into obscurity and disappoints a lot of people. I'd love for SNK's new policy to be something on the lines of working towards as complete a reunion of established characters as possible with XII/XIII style sprites being added for the Outlaw team, Spy team etc with every installment, along side refinement of gameplay mechanics.

Thanks but no thanks.

A lot of my fave characters are new and original characters to the series (Ramon, Shen, Vanessa, Oswald, Angel, Yashiro, Shermie, K', Maxima, Duo Lon etc.) so I'm more eager to see what new goodness SNK can come up with.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:17:02 PM by Diavle »

Robo-mitsu

• New Challenger
  • His Royal Dudeship
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2010, 01:47:15 AM »

Thanks but no thanks.

A lot of my fave characters are new and original characters to the series (Ramon, Shen, Vanessa, Oswald, Angel, Yashiro, Shermie, K', Maxima, Duo Lon etc.) so I'm more eager to see what new goodness SNK can come up with.

Thats what I meant, established characters like the Spy Team and New Faces team. New characters will mean they are less likely to return.
Memento mori...

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2010, 02:16:02 AM »
They can come back in dream matches. New sagas are for New characters, lets see what they come up with...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »
Totally forgot to check.  Just so that we're on the same page, after getting hit by Kula's dp+C, one tries to tech recovery roll but gets grabbed while trying?  (First I would need to check if recovery roll grabs themselves are untechable, and then the aforementioned scenario).

No, when the opponent gets hit by dp+C from kula, they were able to recover roll and do a 1 frame grab (clark for example in 2k2) to throw her as she hits the ground. I assume that there isnt any 1 frame grabs no more but from vids ive seen, looks like you can throw her, just want to be sure.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:39 AM »
Thats what I meant, established characters like the Spy Team and New Faces team. New characters will mean they are less likely to return.

You wouldn't even have the Spy Team and New Face team if SNK wasn't willing to try new stuff.

New characters = letting SNK do what they do best

Robo-mitsu

• New Challenger
  • His Royal Dudeship
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:52 AM »
I guess Dream matches are still on the cards, but it's still gonna be heartbreaking when cool characters are dropped for new fighters of variable quality.
Memento mori...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
Totally forgot to check.  Just so that we're on the same page, after getting hit by Kula's dp+C, one tries to tech recovery roll but gets grabbed while trying?  (First I would need to check if recovery roll grabs themselves are untechable, and then the aforementioned scenario).

No, when the opponent gets hit by dp+C from kula, they were able to recover roll and do a 1 frame grab (clark for example in 2k2) to throw her as she hits the ground. I assume that there isnt any 1 frame grabs no more but from vids ive seen, looks like you can throw her, just want to be sure.

Lol I was totally off.  I'll need to check that out.

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2010, 01:13:50 AM »
For whoever knows their arcades and plays at AI. Could you tell me what kind of cabinet KOF XIII is on, the type of buttons and the type of joysticks? Please tell me if their sanwa's or semitsu's or as much information as possible. If the joysticks are sanwa's or semitsu's can you tell me what kind of gates are on them (octo or square)?

I'm dying to know the information and what people prefer to play on for arcades such as KOF XIII. I'm thinking about getting an arcade over here so I just want to here what you guys would want.

*Sorry if this doesn't really pertain to the General Discussion but I didn't know where else to post it and it seems people check this thread a whole lot more too.*
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »
Taken from CX, sugarboy strikes again!

In Arcadia's October issue they discussed strategic stuff only [in black & white pages].

so it's basically a must c for those who are playing the game and nothing much to c or nothing to c for those who aren't, they discussed stuff like good for counter attacking moves frames and counter attack-able moves frames, some how to beat or crush tactics against [K', Kula, Mature and Iori] and some extra offensive tactics for Kyo and K'.

Of course those who have the new Arcadia (Oct) and want a backup copy in case you left it at home and want to view it at work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m54d2i7qtx5aw1j

Oh and of course the good stuff:

IMG 4's top right table shows what kind of action you should take to crush Mature's EX despair when she uses it after standing up from the ground, and the small one to it's left is the moves you should punish her with if you guarded it.

actually IMG 2 (page 102) shows the counterable/punishable moves to the right for each character, for example if it says [crouch+D (-4)] the player who guarded crouch+D can move 4 frames before the other, and the table to the left of course is the good for punishing fast moves with the frame count for it.

hope it can be any help for u and ready for any other questions, just let me know.

feel free to post it in your cool forum, and i think it's better to correct my English mistakes in it before u do so.

Your English is just fine sugarboy, I'm sure we'll find all this info very helpful.

Personally I never thought much of frame data until now; I'm a changed man.  Now I can try to punish all those Liz, K' and Kyo's at AI :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:09:53 PM by Kane317 »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:33 AM »
How come noone answered my question about Kula? :(

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2010, 03:02:11 AM »
Thank you sugarboy and kane for posting here :D i miss it on CX o.o, strange.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2010, 04:40:43 AM »
How come noone answered my question about Kula? :(
Because it's a stupid question no one cares about.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
To answer Cibernetico's question: No, the playable Kula used after (or even in) 2000 is not a boss form.

It's just that she is high-top tier in most of her appareances, not that she has that many appareances to begin with.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:50 AM »
You know, I have to ask something. I never really played KOF2000 so I never experienced Kula as a sub boss. Ever since that game, it just seems that Kula is among the top characters in every game.

My question is, was she ever toned downed as a playable character from her boss AI? Or did SNK decide to completely give control of her 2000 boss form to the players?

She came toned down.

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Is there anyway for someone to translate all the SBO qualifiers name and teams for KOF XIII.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri