Author Topic: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011  (Read 34451 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »

Mr. KoF and Reynald both looked pretty off tonight... drops everywhere! :( Think Dark Geese spiked their drinks, to help prove Mexi-KoF superiority?!? ;)

LOL but no....Long story but basically they were playing before on the main tvs and Oscar told Mr. KOF not to play Bala in casuals because he was catching on and ocving him (with King) etc, but he kept playing him so that's really what we think happened.

Personally, I think they were just off.  If per se, Bala figured out Reynald's Chin, or Reynald's Yuri during casuals and then used that information against them in the tourney; that would be one thing (and Mr KOF doesn't really have specific characters that he's particularly good at--he's just good with everyone).  However, I think Reynald and John just played not as well as they normally do but more importantly, Bala was the better player all day long IMO.  Don't forget it's not the first time they've played each other in (smaller tourneys) and in casuals.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:29:23 PM by Kane317 »

Dark Geese

« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
That's possible the way things happened..

Oh yeah hopefully we will get some casuals in the older games today, me and John got to play in KOFXI and SvC Chaos but only KOFXI was recorded so today we hope we can play a little more.

John still has it without question he won 10-4/5 in KOFXI and I think the same in SvC Chaos. I wanna play him again and get it recorded so everyone can see! We didnt get to play 98UM or 2002 UM...

I think he and Kula are the same level about in KOFXI, now I haven't seen Armando play KOFXI yet, but we hope that happens today he wants to play me today.

Also me and Oscar got some good matches in Chaos we will run back and get recorded he's got a nice Tabasa lol.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:45:19 PM by Dark Geese »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2011, 10:10:23 PM »
I think john sealed his fate when he started singing "all or nothing" lol OTOWN!! Everybody knows liquid dreams was waaaaay better haha http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=yYOFXp38jBI
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
I want to publicly thank DG, Giby, nilcam and of course The Answer himself for making this event possible.

Most ppl don't know how much time, effort and money The Answer had to spend in order to get the joysticks working and still we couldn't get everything to work.  We had 3 Japanese sticks prepared (which all needed to be modded to work with the setup) and 1 stick started crapping out 1 day before the tourney (it worked the week before at The Answer's place) but we had no choice but to continue to use it.  The "spare" stick didn't work at all, and only one Japanese stick that worked perfectly.   The spare stick would literally reset the game if plugged in and throw a coin error code; we used it as the "reset" stick lol (came quite in handy actually).  

Right before the actually stream finals, as everyone was waiting to be called up, our only good Japanese stick left stops responding; we had 30mins to fix it and it was like 11:00pm already lol.  

Finally, the inevitable stream delays.  We had to move the setup to the big stage and just wait there like the rest of you guys.  Meanwhile, all the top4 players were just sitting around (mind you we've all been up for about 12 hours by now) wasting valuable practice time.

It was however, all worth it.  It's was a pretty exciting tournament as it was but this tournament can really be viewed as a milestone to KOF being a mainstream game in US.  It was the first official, "real" stream (SCR's webcam doesn't count), tons of ppl were interested and coupled with the announcements of Atlus as a publisher, EVO around the corner with DUNE himself (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?)--there has been no better time to be a kof fan guys.

Dune may not be known for the best KOF player around, but he's, unquestionably, the most influential Japanese player in the scene.  

The whole kof landscape is shifting ladies and gents and one can't avoid the hype and excitement in the air.  Sit tight, and let's show the rest of the fighting game scene what we already know; KOF is the best game out there =)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »
Great props to all you guys for making this happen, I really am impress by how The Answer managed to pull it out. Great stuff!

In cases like this I wish KOFXIII would had been leaked already. But would that make the setup easier to pull out? I mean, you can use any PS3/360 sticks on a PC and it would work out. But IIRC, there is a small lag from the game and the controls. It was like that with BBCS.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2011, 11:51:41 PM »
I watched the archives, big props to The Answer, Kane317 and others running the tournament, it looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully this will be a start towards something big and fruitful for the SNK community here in the USA as a whole.

Too bad the stream got delayed, I was waiting, and waiting, then I feel asleep. ;p

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:21 PM »
Yeah well I'm gonna give all my shoutouts out when I get back home so stay tuned Tuesday/Wednesday, I'm still in town (at Oscars) maybe me and Oscar will run it back in Chaos hahahahhaha or play whoever...if I can't play Armando today well we will play in the future...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:28 AM »
Oh, I missed part 2. Any plans to upload tournament on youtube?

By the way, any feedbacks about XIII from SF or any other fighting game at Revelations players? Did they get some interest or did they say something like "that game looks cool, maybe I'll buy it when console version comes out"?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:23:09 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2011, 03:00:07 AM »

By the way, any feedbacks about XIII from SF or any other fighting game at Revelations players? Did they get some interest or did they say something like "that game looks cool, maybe I'll buy it when console version comes out"?

I know in the actual chat, there were a bunch of ppl getting hyped for the game, and many plan on getting it...

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »

I know in the actual chat, there were a bunch of ppl getting hyped for the game, and many plan on getting it...

Yes, there were many who were interested in the game and curious to learn more about it. But there were many haters too. =/

I saw someone who name himself No17, dunno if it's actually No17 or not, but he just said nice things, like "great tournament" and such. Dunno if anyone notice from here.

Dark Geese

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2011, 05:14:07 AM »

Yes, there were many who were interested in the game and curious to learn more about it. But there were many haters too. =/

I saw someone who name himself No17, dunno if it's actually No17 or not, but he just said nice things, like "great tournament" and such. Dunno if anyone notice from here.

The Japanese were watching the stream...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2011, 06:26:17 AM »

The Japanese were watching the stream...

They're watching those moves, and planning to take that money...  ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2011, 09:18:22 AM »
You know I rewatched those matches and I have to say it was a pretty exciting tournament (I can't stand my own voice though).

Makes me almost want to pick up King again.

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2011, 09:55:58 AM »
Well First I would like to thank Oscar, Kane317, and Dark geese for making this all happen at Revelations! I had alot of fun playing with everyone, Kane317 your Chin still scares me a little lol but GGS and Mr KOF thanks for the advive I will practice what you told and test it out on the next tournament! And GGS to everyone i had alot of fun hanging out an playing some KOF 13! @ Mr KOF JAPANEASE!! LOL JK

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2011, 04:37:41 PM »
I watched the stream archive and I still don't get why people complained about the commentary. Stream people suck. When will the full list of results be put up?

Great job to everyone involved, especially the players for putting on a great show. It was great meeting some of the NorCal people. This show is just a taste of whats to come at Evo.

Shiranui ninja, there were several players, including Choi and Valle who are interested in the game.