Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404316 times)

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
I saw ending on YT, Gato's all like "...hmph, power hungry jerks..I could kick your asses by myself...but I've got House reruns to watch so later for you losers!" *zip!*

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
Not that I'm against Atlus answering questions, but you'd think they would rather answer the questions of people who are more involved with the actual game than with players whose only experience is watching tournament videos.

But anyways, good to see that the game will finally be released on consoles even though we will have to wait until October for it to drop.

Like some have said, the most important thing right now is that the game has great netcode. I know there is a huge debate between online vs offline, but the fact is is that we live in a gaming generation where the majority of games are judge based on the online content it provides. Yes, we know there are offline communities, but the fact is that the KOF offline community in the USA is not as big as other countries. This is why GGPO level netcode is a must for this game.

As for other things, if you ask me there should be no other characters added to the game. The game has a big enough roster that it should satisfy everyone. If they do need to add characters, the only logical(at least to me) character to add would be Adelheid.

After that, give us challenges, color edit modes and the Terry Bogard MoTW outfit.

About point 1, well, Atlus needs to clean the name of KOF, so actually answering to casuals will be important, like if the netcode is truly good, some other extras or things like that, hell, you can answer them if there will be an special edition

And new characters will be cool to see, since already has happened a 1 year waiting to get the game, and maybe some extras like characters or stages will be cool, a 31 roster is cool, a 37 or 34 is even more cool, if they are not tournament worthy, well, at least there is some bonus, but if they don't add anything, I don't care, I'm still buying, if those are DLC, I will buy them too

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »
Let's not revisit the whole "No Mai, no buy" mindset again.
I never understood those wankers people, we now have Mai, and nobody chooses her.
Well, I selected her. But I have the feeling that those wankers people were more casual console version players than arcade ones who participate in tournaments... And if Mai is not selected enough is because she's not competitive in this game, not because people don't like her.

Atlus in E3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD9FeRgM59o

The attention is centred on Catherine.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:15:00 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »
This Yamazaki things feels just like the no mai no buy bull, if they do put him It is foretold that not many will play him, also wanting Geese,Krauser, Rugal is very annoying, I want them too but not in this game, I would rather see characters introduce in kof 2003 and xi the most like Gato, B. Jenet and ect..... as extras, everyone else in a dream match

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »
Someone please point Atlus to DC forums. I believe there are more dedicated players here compared to SRK. Since they want to hear opinions. These are mine:

-GGPO for netcode
-Balance tweaks for characters
-DLC characters or stage contents (I'm happy to buy all)
-Replay/record gameplay mode

Last but not least, I hope to see a new KOF in the future!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 01:56:31 PM »
I'm really just excited that this is finally coming out. I can't really ask for more. Well, maybe I can.

I hope Botan is a playable character. Doesn't get anymore far-fetched than that.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
Not that I'm against Atlus answering questions, but you'd think they would rather answer the questions of people who are more involved with the actual game than with players whose only experience is watching tournament videos.

If Atlus announces GGPO or better netcoding, trust me, that's the only reasoning those players need to buy the game. Like I've said about this generation of gaming, the netcode of a game pretty much determines if the game sells well or not.

The people who are watching the tournament videos are going to be the ones shelling out the dough to buy the game too, so I think listening to both sides would be okay.

If Atlus announces GGPO netcode, that's the only reasoning those players will need to buy the game. Like I've said before, in this generation of gaming, the netcode is what determines if the game will sell or not.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:55:26 PM by Cibernetico »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »

If Atlus announces GGPO or better netcoding, trust me, that's the only reasoning those players need to buy the game. Like I've said about this generation of gaming, the netcode of a game pretty much determines if the game sells well or not.

The people who are watching the tournament videos are going to be the ones shelling out the dough to buy the game too, so I think listening to both sides would be okay.

If Atlus announces GGPO netcode, that's the only reasoning those players will need to buy the game. Like I've said before, in this generation of gaming, the netcode is what determines if the game will sell or not.

Then how do you explain Marvel VS Capcom 3?  They're proof that netcode doesn't mean shit.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »

Then how do you explain Marvel VS Capcom 3?  They're proof that netcode doesn't mean shit.

Yeah, that's very true, even MK9's netcode I heard was shitty, but those games are popular enough here in the USA in their own right that people will always sign up for their tournaments whenever they are planned.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »
Double standard, lesser known games cant get away with crap like this, but the bigger names can, the future of the industry, where quality standards aren't met

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »
i seriously snk does some kind of beta test for the netcode and personaly i think every online game should have some kind of beta test  because i dont see a reason why we should wait for a game find out the online sucks then wait for a few more weeks until its good or at least decent

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »
couple things, besides yamazakis awesomeness he actually would fit in perfectly with 13's system. not to mention he makes more sense than some wack ass half assed adelheid. a unique and fitting char for 13, can easily be put in the story and is the only living orochi member out there. wtf any of this got to do with no name no buy is beyond me. especially considering this is a kof site where people actually wanna play the game and said characters. that comment made no fucking sense.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »
Posted this in the other thread, but direct questions and comments here (would probably be more useful): http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

a unique and fitting char for 13, can easily be put in the story and is the only living orochi member out there.

If you mean Hakkesshu, yes. If you mean Orochi, no. Leona.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »
a unique and fitting char for 13, can easily be put in the story and is the only living orochi member out there.

no, orochi members do not include leona. leona and iori are able to use orochi powers but are not orochi themselves. in fact they cant control it and have a shorter lifespan because of the blood in them. unlike REAL orochi members who can use it freely. in case yall didnt know, real orochi members, the 8 heads of the snake: Yamazaki, goenitz, yashiro, shermie, chris, gaidel, mature & vice. all dead, cept for the fucking man, mr batshit insane.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »

no, orochi members do not include leona. leona and iori are able to use orochi powers but are not orochi themselves. in fact they cant control it and have a shorter lifespan because of the blood in them. unlike REAL orochi members who can use it freely. in case yall didnt know, real orochi members, the 8 heads of the snake: Yamazaki, goenitz, yashiro, shermie, chris, gaidel, mature & vice. all dead, cept for the fucking man, mr batshit insane.

Orochi has a clan. The Hakkesshu were the 8 strongest. Gaidel was one of the Hakkesshu. Leona is Gaidel's daughter. Leona is not one of the Hakkesshu, but she is still an Orochi clan member (which is why she even has powers in the first place). Also, in XIII, Leona mentions repeatedly that she can control her powers, but just chooses not to use them. If I remember correctly, it was either in 99 or 2K where she had that special intro where her hair changes color from blue to red, showing that she was starting to get a grip on (but not fully) her powers.

Iori is a different story, since the Yasakani clan gained their powers by making a pact with Orochi. Doesn't really matter since he got his powers stolen, but if KOF continues on after XIII, we'll see what happens now that...

[spoiler]Ash is gone.[/spoiler]