Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404389 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #826 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:31 AM »
Does anyone know anything about European release? I read from GameFaq, that release day in Europe is same as in north America, but is this true?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:35 AM »
a nice change would be EX moves costing half meter and while in HD mode still costing 1 meter

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 12, 2011, 10:06:35 AM »
Does anyone know anything about European release? I read from GameFaq, that release day in Europe is same as in north America, but is this true?

SNKP answered that question in Orochinagi's interview. They said soon will make an announcement regarding Europe release.

About NeoMAX costing 2 stocks.. Well, is what you said. If NeoMAX only costs 2 stocks when you MAXCancel, then it's ok if NeoMAX damage is properly scaled, but keep in mind that maximum amount of stocks is still 5, so now you can add one more DM or EX move to a 5 stocks combo finished with MAXCancel, that means combos can be more powerful now. For some characters will be positive, but for some others will be excesive. I must confess I'm affraid of this change. the game was designed taking MAXCancel as the ultimate weapon, which is powerful but needs 5 stocks and HD mode. If you change this properties then you have to change some other property (like damage, HD mode time, max of power stocks amount..). Is like it needs some special rule, or the game comes more cheap in terms of damage/combos. I guess this is have been made for casual players (arcade players are a different profile of players) and it's what affraids me of.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:10 AM »
a nice change would be EX moves costing half meter and while in HD mode still costing 1 meter

This would be terrible without adjusting a bunch of EX moves. Off the top of my head I'd just throw out Raiden's EX tackle, Kula's EX ray spin, most of the EX counters. I'm sure there's many many other's that would have to be played with a bit.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 12, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »

This would be terrible without adjusting a bunch of EX moves. Off the top of my head I'd just throw out Raiden's EX tackle, Kula's EX ray spin, most of the EX counters. I'm sure there's many many other's that would have to be played with a bit.

Raiden is broken from every view you take it so I don't see where the problem is. By giving half meter to ex moves it will just buff lower tiers. Raiden is broken with or without it.

@shiranui I believe that the reason for 2 stocks on Neomax while in HD is that there were characters (especially the low tiers) that they couldn't do 100% combo with 5 stocks + HD. So i see this change as a buff to the lower tiers. Plus it will encourage ppl to do HD combos instead of dishing out a neomax.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:11:41 AM by JohnCrawley »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
I doubt that changing the amount of stocks was an attempt to gather to casual players, I believe than story mode and all that other stuff will do that

Still, we saw the ex dm on air from kim, I believe than some balancing is on the way, and unless SNKP were incredible retarded, I believe that those high tier characters will be nerfed

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 12, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
@shiranui I believe that the reason for 2 stocks on Neomax while in HD is that there were characters (especially the low tiers) that they couldn't do 100% combo with 5 stocks + HD. So i see this change as a buff to the lower tiers. Plus it will encourage ppl to do HD combos instead of dishing out a neomax.

But this is not only a buff for lows, is a buff for everyone... don't you think?

Side note, is it me or KOF XIII Atlus website is the old one again? O_o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:50:28 AM by Shiranui_ninja »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »

Raiden is broken from every view you take it so I don't see where the problem is. By giving half meter to ex moves it will just buff lower tiers. Raiden is broken with or without it.

Are you serious? I list quite a few things that would have to be adjusted if they were to make that change and all you say is Raiden is broken so making him more broken doesn't matter?

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »

Are you serious? I list quite a few things that would have to be adjusted if they were to make that change and all you say is Raiden is broken so making him more broken doesn't matter?

Yes it doesn't cause once he gets u in his hands u are dead anyway. Do u see a big difference between double drop kick followed by ex tackle and ex aerial grap costing one instead of two meters? One meter is nothing to farm...

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 12, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »

Yes it doesn't cause once he gets u in his hands u are dead anyway. Do u see a big difference between double drop kick followed by ex tackle and ex aerial grap costing one instead of two meters? One meter is nothing to farm...
The difference is that less meter he has to get back in a later match. You are seriously fucking retarded if you can't see why this is a complete and totally busted idea.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 12, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
That was almost exactly what I was going to say so let's end that there.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #837 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
... Yeah, cutting EX move bar usage to 50% would be MUCH more drastic than the discussed neomax changes.

First of all, that would make combos that build solid meter, even more deadly, and startable under much easier circumstances. Some characters (such as Takuma) coulod basically start way more powerful combos extremly early.

Also, the amount of Stun combos would raise considerably, since the purpose of EX moves in combos is generally to gain more float / combo time.

Unlike the EX moves in SFIV, the EX's in XIII are basically DMs. They often have increased invincibility, do nearly as much damage alone as DMs, and often set up for even more damage atop of that. As they are now, they're basically "Tactical DMs", that allow almost the same, if not greater, damage, as long as you're willing to work for it.

*Had already typed this message before Demoninja's request to end it, lol.*

------

@Shiranui_ninja : Naaa, the Atlus US website hasn't been reverted to me... as a matter of fact, I think they might have added the link to preorder the game at Gamestop USA and Canada now, in addition to a link to KoF-i!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 12, 2011, 12:49:05 PM »
The difference is that less meter he has to get back in a later match. You are seriously fucking retarded if you can't see why this is a complete and totally busted idea.

Again Zabel, it's ok to disagree; but not to insult.  I feel passionate about not nerfing the Ex and Raiden instead, but watch your language please.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 12, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »
I would like to have some official words about these gameplay changes. I hope Atlus/SNKP talk about it soon somewhere. Terry spending 2 stocks for NeoMAX could be just because of Single battle mode.