Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184930 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #435 on: February 15, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
I find it amazing that the game is due out in a few weeks and there's next to no hype for it.

Is that actually true? I mean, I don't know which parameter means than SFXT is getting no hype, at least I can't talk since I don't care for the game, but who where the cases from UMVC3 or SF IV?

Waifu Material

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 15, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
I just really hope that they manage to make the Tekken characters not suck.  Unfortunately, I think it's probably safe to say that a majority of people buying the game won't really know who any of them are, aside from perhaps Kazuya or Jin.  Actually, what I hope is that the roster is balanced, but considering that this is Capcom, there will undoubtedly be 4 or 5 top tier guys and everyone else will pretty much suck
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 15, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »
I find it amazing that the game is due out in a few weeks and there's next to no hype for it.

Is that actually true? I mean, I don't know which parameter means than SFXT is getting no hype, at least I can't talk since I don't care for the game, but who where the cases from UMVC3 or SF IV?

Um, they had hype because they were properly advertised.  SFxT was pretty crappy on the advertisement end.  Inconsistent reveals, constant adding and changing of mechanics right up to release...it's a pain.

Compare how SFxT has been promoted compared to either MvC3 game.  Other than the initial...8-10 characters, every character was given their own trailer and all of their moves were shown off in one way or another, and Capcom actually ended up going back near Vanilla's release and gave the initial characters their own trailers.  Also, Capcom released multiple game MATCHES after reveals (sure, they were scripted matches, but you know, better than nothing) showing what the characters could be capable of.  TAC's and X-Factor were shown from the beginning and for all intensive purposes were only drastically changed once (TAC counters no longer leading to combos and X-Factor being possible to be used at all times at different levels).

Compare that to SFxT where characters only really got a trailer when the complete tag team was revealed, and even then at most they'd show off one combo, and their Super/Cross Arts and that's it.  No matches, no showcases of moves, no partial movelist...nothing.  Keep in mind, there's no way of knowing the movelist for the Tekken side at all without actually seeing said move list.  Also keep in mind, it can be hard to tell what even IS a special move on the Tekken side half the time since they're so melee based.

Also with no decent matchplay or trailers, it makes it harder on the players to actually test these guys out leading to even more time outs than prerelease Vanilla MvC3 because no one has any clue how to actually implement offense yet which in turn makes watching the game played by others extremely boring due to really limited combos, and the tendency to try and play it like SF4 which puts people off even more.

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 15, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »
It's going to be pretty annoying trying to use the tekken characters if I have to do qcf and dp motions to get things that should (like they are in tekken) be f+P or df+K.  Or if Marduk/King get 360/720 motions for throws instead of f,f+PK, etc.  But like you guys said, it's impossible to know, since we haven't seen any of the movelist, aside from the fact that the tekken guys have some of their "Tekken strings" available, meaning, at least, that they will have some 1,1,2 (or similar) chains.  Unfortunately, chances are, it won't really matter, since they probably won't be cancelable into specials or do very much damage...

If Steve can't go into flicker or peekaboo stance off of 1,2,1 or 2,1 or b1, or cancel strings into weaves/ducks I quit. 
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
We've seen like mini-move lists but nothing big.  And I couldn't tell you Marduk or King's moves at all because I don't remember theirs.

I know Jin seems more towards the Tekken side, from the briefness I saw of his movelist on the stream, his only actual SF styled command move is something he never really had in a Tekken game...to my knowledge (pretty much a Judgment Cut-styled fireball).  He seems to have a couple of stances and I think he has a EWGF of his own, but I can't honestly tell his style.  I haven't seen much of Jin past Tekken 4 usually because he hasn't been that good to my knowledge SINCE his reign of terror in Tekken 4.  I'm guessing since they're not putting Devil Jin in this game, they're gonna mix his Karate and Mishima styles together.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 15, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »
i seem to remember seeing that Kazuya (and so, then, presumably Heihachi and Jin too) can mist step, but I don't know what purpose that will serve, unless he can do WGF and hellsweep out of it, or if it can go through projectiles/duck under a lot of things.

I mean, of course, every tekken character is going to have to have some SF-style motions for their supers, but the fact that there are EX moves also leads me to believe that a lot of "normal" tekken moves will be given SF motions, just so you can press two buttons instead of 1 to do them, to get the EX version.  In any case, I hope that they don't dumb down the tekken movesets to the point where the characters have 1 or 2 command normals and like 4 specials, like most SF characters.  Obviously, I don't think it's necessary for them to have the 70-150 moves that they have in tekken, but still.

I think somebody said somewhere that two of the kick buttons still make Steve dodge to the sides, but what is the third one going to do?  Is he going to actually kick people? 

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 15, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
Yeah, all 3 can Mist Step and they can EWGF out of it (don't think they have just a simple WGF).  It can go through projectiles and has upperbody invincibility.  Mist Step is actually pretty good in this game it seems...as long as you don't get low'd.  I think you can Hell Sweep out of it too, at least with Kazuya.

And trust me they did not dumb down the Tekken character movelists that bad.  They are a bit, but that's to be expected, but from what little I've seen of the ACTUAL movelists, they still outpace the SF characters by a considerable margin.

And from what I've seen Steve doesn't actually kick people...so no, I have no freaking clue.  I'm barely keeping up as it is considering I'm fairly new to actually learning Tekken, so it's hard for me to notice what's missing.

EDIT: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/2/15/team-street-fighter-and-team-tekken-contestants-confirmed-fo.html

Cross Assault cast announced.  DR. SUB ZERO AND TASTY STEVE.  There is a god in this world.  Also Renic and Nerdjosh.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:28:40 PM by Saitsuofleaves »

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
in T6 (possibly before that), steve DID have a really crappy hop kick that was way slower than everybody else's, and he has always (I think) had his toe stomp/hook combo.  In any case, it's refreshing to hear that the move lists haven't been trimmed down to bare bones, to make it simple enough for capcom players.  I used to watch video about the game, when it was earlier on, but I haven't really been keeping up.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 15, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
in T6 (possibly before that), steve DID have a really crappy hop kick that was way slower than everybody else's, and he has always (I think) had his toe stomp/hook combo.  In any case, it's refreshing to hear that the move lists haven't been trimmed down to bare bones, to make it simple enough for capcom players.  I used to watch video about the game, when it was earlier on, but I haven't really been keeping up.

I'll provide an example and you determine if it is or not.  Again, as I'm a Tekken noob, I would not know completely.  This is Jin's Moveset.

Special Moves

Special Step
F ☼ D, DF

Thrusting Uppercut
(during Special Step) LP

Right Roundhouse Punch
(during Special Step) MP

Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (L.L.R.K.)
(during Special Step) MK

Spinning Flare Kick
(during Special Step)  LK+MK

Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (L.L.R.K.) -> Spinning Flare Kick
(during Special Step) MK  -> KK

Power Stance (EX)
QCB+P

Median Line Destruction (EX)
F,B,F+P

Mental Alertness
D+KK

Left Drill Punch
(during Mental Alertness) LP

Swinging Fist Strikes
(during Mental Alertness) LP -> MP OR HP

Swaying Willow
(during Mental Alertness) MP OR HP

Leaping Side Kick
(during Mental Alertness) LK

Right Sweep
(during Mental Alertness) MK OR HK

Penetrating Fist (EX, SC)
QCF+P

Super Art

Devil Beam
QCF+PPP

Unique Attacks

Left Right Combo
(far from opponent) LP -> MP

Inner Axe
(far from opponent) LP -> MP -> LK

Spinning Hook Kick
(far from opponent) LP -> MP -> MK

Kazama Style 5 Hit Combo
LK -> LP -> MP -> LP -> MK

Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo
F+LK -> LP -> LK -> MP -> LP -> MK

Shun Masatsu
B+MP -> LP

Normal Throws

Tidal Wave
(near opponent) F or ☼ LP+LK

Over the Shoulder Reverse
(near opponent)  B+LP+LK

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »
i never really used Jin very much, but that seems like a reasonable sampling, for him.  It's more than I was expecting, for sure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 15, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »
And all of that isn't accounting for his actual normals and Command Normals.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »
Where did you get that movelist? i wanna see the moves of other chars.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2012, 02:27:44 AM »
Reposted it from SRK, but it came from the stream that was being run where the WGC's are being held.  WorstGiefEver was running it, Fuudo showed up.  Someone had picked Jin and half way through the match, just decided, meh, time to pause and look at that move list.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2012, 04:59:21 AM »

Sad to see DeadlyRave-Neo didn't get a pick but as a 3S player it's nice that Renic and Rockefeller got on.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2012, 05:51:57 AM »
It seems that in order to enter there, you should have been semi famous within the FGC, unknown and too famous will not let you in (sans some exception)

Waifu Material