Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 185808 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
pandora also doesn't give any kind of damage or defense boost, right (unless you have special pandora gems)?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »
It gives a damage boost I believe, no defense boost though (not that there would be a point to a defese boost).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
well hey, at least we can all agree that nobody will use it, unless it is activated accidentally.  In a video where Daigo was playing another japanese player from team madcatz, the other guy (non-Daigo) actually used it and won a round, I think, but he pretty much got lucky and hit him with a poke or an overhead as one of the Tekken characters.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »
It was Tokido.  The guy Daigo was playing against.

And yeah, if you use it, it's most likely a troll job, or you're really sure that the extra damage will finish the job.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to do it during a juggle to tack on a bit of extra damage...Probably not.  It probably isn't even safe to activate pandora

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
No, activating Pandora is safe, it has 0 frame recovery I believe.  And you can use it after a juggle, preferably a wall-bounce.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »
I want to see some epic Pandora comebacks, so i hope they make it more useful or at least decent, without falling into the too cheap or broken category.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »
so how many characters do you think are going to end up as DLC/unlockables/are already in the game and not announced?

The ones that really stand out for me are Honda, Blanka, Guy and Cody for the SF side and Bruce, Bryan, Lars and Alisa on the Tekken side.  Blanka and Honda are the only original SFII characters not in it, Guy and Cody were in one of the cinematic trailers, Bruce is one of the longest-serving tekken characters, Bryan is very popular, and Lars and Alisa are basically the main characters of the most recent canon Tekken game.  It seems very unlikely to me that none of these characters would be in the game.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
Alisa/Lars and Lei/(enter partner here) are normal unlockables.  Since they ended up getting mentioned in the ESRB report (Alisa and Lei at least), they have to be in the game from the start.  If they left them out for DLC, that could've potentially changed the ESRB rating they would receive and they'd have to resubmit.

We'll find out soon enough though, with Cross Assault starting Wednesday and if we don't find out by then, then by next week when people start copping it early.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
good point about Lei, I forgot about him, too.  Perhaps Lei and Bruce makes more sense than Bryan and Bruce.  In any case, I am looking forward to seeing the REAL, final, release day roster.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2012, 07:18:14 AM »

NSFW
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
ROFL@Empire arcadia
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »
man, I was going to do chin ups on my door frame in my video too, but that EMP guy is way better at them.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »

solidronin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/feb/21/playstation-vita-street-fighter-x-tekken-due-fall-2012-12-new-characters/

So about those characters Lupinko gave us...found them...

...I'm not planning on picking up SFxT. I'll play it at a store I frequent, but I'm dedicated to KOF and SCV. I am however going to pick up a Vita at some point, and now they put Elena in it. I hate you Capcom.