Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184834 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
Well like I've been saying, I wasn't gonna pick it up release day for various reasons (biggest one being ME3 being out on the same day) but honestly, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin.

From what I can tell, at least at this point since there's a bunch of different sources going in on this, including Ono but all we have on him is Google Translate which is worthless, these characters are for sure are showing up for the Vita for the first time (except for maybe Lars/Alisa and Lei and who he has) and the others will definitely be DLC. 

This game seems to be turning into, at the very least a TO's worst nightmare if it wasn't already.

Of course Capcom has now saved some face by announcing a Tourney Series for this year handing out Half a Mil in prizes during the series, which will feature plenty of SF games, not just SFxT.

Since SKill is probably heading it, I can see SFxT, AEv'12, ST, 3S, and MAYBE SFA2 (that one is a longshot, but you never know).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
Damn it, no one of my favourites are included in those extra vita characters, yeah i'm very salty.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
Wow. They really took the DLC milking to new levels. I find it even worse that there's only one character that wasn't part of IV and that's Elena. As if to make it more clear that it's basically SFIV vs. Tekken. It also sucks that my team of Alisa and Lars are locked as on-disc DLC. :'(

Then there's the fact that the Tekken squad borrows plenty of moves of from the SFIV cast, most of which are already there. It's a sloppy job if I ever saw it. They're making SNK look good in comparison.

I swear they're doing everything in their power to make me not want this game.

EDIT: Fuck Blanka.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2012, 02:42:03 AM »
Well you weren't going to get it on release I assume anyway, so at least you're safe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »
Don't know if I should be mad at Capcom for 12 DLC characters, or the way they marketed. A little of both, but the marketing moreso. Has there ever been a fighter that's withheld 12 characters on-disc (assuming it's on disc like usual) before SFxT? I suspect not, and congratulate Capcom on that new record. The extra characters are great and meh. Liking Guy and Lei, hope Christie and Elena don't look or play too similar, and Sakura and Blanka? Someone rumored that Karin might be tied up in some licensing, which I'm willing to believe with the #1 biggest missed match-up.

And marketing. I guess they didn't lie; they just let the portable version be the super version. Genius almost, but would've been much smarter to announce post March 6th. Saw a brief rumor that 100,000 pre-orders got cancelled with this news, and I actually have no problem believing this. Anytime after, preferably long-after it released, you could've mentioned the Vita version and still kept skepticism to a much lower level.

Feel kind of bad for some Evo players if they'd planned to main one of the listed DLC for tourneys.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
I really doubt that all 12 are on disc.  Maybe 8 at most, most likely 4.  (of course, this is all taking into account that either they're DLC or just straight unlockable).

Either way, I hate being left in the dark.  Concrete answers would be nice.

Anyway, Cross Assault's premier is in an hour, can't wait for my Rockefeller fix.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
I watched the team tekken stream for a while.  It was like 15 minutes of somebody trying to do bob's trials.  And not being very successful
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »
http://www18.atpages.jp/vf12360/checker/multi.php/j::capcomunity/jc::capcomunity/j::teamsp00ky/jc::teamsp00ky/j::iplaywinner/jc::iplaywinner

This is a lot more convenient.  You get all 3 streams at once, and you can ignore and watch at your leisure.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
Wow. They really took the DLC milking to new levels. I find it even worse that there's only one character that wasn't part of IV and that's Elena. As if to make it more clear that it's basically SFIV vs. Tekken.

how is adding 12 characters *between march and fall* worse than kof having 3 characters very obviously done but separated into dlc

Has there ever been a fighter that's withheld 12 characters on-disc (assuming it's on disc like usual) before SFxT?
that is a pretty giant assumption considering the vita version is coming out in FALL

i dont even like capcom and i am baffled at this reaction to them adding more characters between release and fall.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2012, 05:01:12 AM »
Kor was so free. Holy shit. It was like seeing a casual from Gamestop play.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2012, 05:06:14 AM »
Yeah...that was a pretty pathetic showing.  It looked like he never laid his hands on a 2D game before.  Needless to say, I honestly don't think he cared too much and he probably won't touch SFxT after CA ends.  At least Kor was useful for one thing.  To show how shitty Akuma's health is yet again.

Renic looked solid, needs to tune up his play though in the long run, as I doubt the rest of Team Tekken will be THAT free.  But honestly it seems that Team SF actually came there to work and get shit done, while Team Tekken don't really give a shit.  Aris barely cares too, which is sad because he showed he can be a great coach when he tries...but again, he seems to not care at all.

Short of a miracle, or Bronson and Aris deciding to not troll, this should be a clean sweep for Team SF in the coming days.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2012, 05:20:11 AM »
I think Renic was being riskier with Hugo because of Hugo's high health. He can screw around and feel out the opponent without worrying about losing 50% health because of it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2012, 06:17:16 AM »
Yeah, but I think most of it was because Kor was just that free.  After he bodied him that first match, especially with Abel, Renic knew he could do whatever the hell he wanted to.  Not like he had to worry about a punish, Kor couldn't land a competent combo to save his life that set.  Twas very sad.

Anyway, Julia and Nina look fun, and those two were my designated choices if I ever do decide to get this game (or if I decide to take any Tekken game seriously, could be TTT2), nice to see Nina have her chain throws (and actually looking useful too).

As for the Gem System...I really hope that the USB thing will make things quicker if there's any plans to actually keep them for tourneys, as that setup for the set took 6 minutes which is ridiculous, and I don't even think they button checked which will add to it down the road.

Lastly, on the whole PS3 getting the Preorder Gems free for a short time, am I the only one who actually has a good idea to the reason why?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:40 AM »

I wonder if it was an bad idea to show tekken team being so free? now maybe some tekken followers will definitely not try the game at all

Anyway, still don't know if buy it or not

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »

I wonder if it was an bad idea to show tekken team being so free? now maybe some tekken followers will definitely not try the game at all

Anyway, still don't know if buy it or not

Funny thing about that gif is it's the PS3 version, the only console version "guaranteed" to have every character eventually.

how is adding 12 characters *between march and fall* worse than kof having 3 characters very obviously done but separated into dlc

It's not so much the adding characters, it's the adding characters as DLC, i.e. paying extra for characters.

Quote from: mightfo
Has there ever been a fighter that's withheld 12 characters on-disc (assuming it's on disc like usual) before SFxT?
that is a pretty giant assumption considering the vita version is coming out in FALL
I should've rephrased - Has there ever been a fighter that's had 12 extra characters as DLC? And in this case, I'm asking out of pure curiosity.

Quote from: mightfo
i dont even like capcom and i am baffled at this reaction to them adding more characters between release and fall.

Adding characters is not such a bad thing; it's more the execution here. Between Capcom's track-record and the leaked list of DLC that is probably accurate, I'd be worried too if I wanted to get this game around launch.

It is a bit hypocritical of me to complain about some DLC when I partake, but it's never been as high as 12 characters. 1 character from SC4, 2 from UMVC3 (when I get around to it), 3 from BBCS2 (if I'd bought the game right away, and I didn't thankfully), and all three from XIII (cause I like 'em, and got more than just characters). 12 characters sounds like a record to me.

Even if it's around $2.00 a character (4-pack for $8), it's another $24 to sink into characters alone. Much better deal than what BB had in mind, but then it's a little more frustrating to know that 12 more characters, most of which could be already there on the disc, will just sit there as unused data until the Fall. I really hope it's a periodic release between launch and Fall, though they haven't been specific about it.

Like Saitsu said, more concrete answers about things would make a world of difference in reception. That and timing.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995