Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367500 times)

MC2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2011, 06:53:52 AM »
Yeah, I think it's pretty shitty that it's limited to two people a room, but generally I only really find myself playing with one person at a time anyway.  In fact, sometimes playing SF4 I'd get frustrated waiting for my turn to play. 

Admittedly, I'd love to be able to save replays and such. 

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »
I'm ok with that, in the end when I play with friends I limit it to 2 or 3 people, if you invite more games tend to gets more laggy. Heck, SF3OE even with GGPO gets worse the more people you have in rooms, I always end up playing 1 vs 1.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2011, 07:12:42 AM »
i still would like a spectator mode i dont want it to be like marvel 3 where i have to sit and look at boncing cards for 2 minutes especially if there are 8 people in the room

According to some really old info I remember reading, rooms are limited to 2 people, so you won't be waiting.

This is order to improve the netcode as well.

Reminds me of VF5 and the reason why they kept their lobbies down to 2. I didn't mind since the netcode was probably the best I've had til blazblue came around.

MC2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
As for MVC3, it's irrelevant here but the Ultimate version is going to have a proper spectator mode.

Really though, as long as this game has decent playable netcode and not the questionable one they gave to 98 UM on XBL, I'm fine with only one on one matches. 

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »
well this is a bit of a problem for me since i have a good bit of friends who i always play games with so its a hassle to keep sending invites to people

though this might be snk's only soulution(and i hope it's not) for having a good netcode

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »

EDIT: BTW here is a RAR with all the art from the KOF-i Gallery I found at MMCafe, which is from oroqi at Orochinagi: http://www.mediafire.com/?16a6xvk6j15eak9

They have lots of new artwork, like imagines from Andy and Shen that appeared in the KOFXII intro but were hard to see. And some new art from Clark and Ralf I haven't seen before + old classic artwork from old KOF games. Also you can see all the KOFXIII cast had XII style character select artwork already.

Is it possible that, once/if the clipped images get "fixed" that someone could break this down into 2 rars? 69 MBs would kill my Dial-Up connection. :( If there is a link to the gallery itself, that would work too.

I'm really hopeful for this game. It seems like KOFXIII is the game KOFXII was supposed to be.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

EDIT: BTW here is a RAR with all the art from the KOF-i Gallery I found at MMCafe, which is from oroqi at Orochinagi: http://www.mediafire.com/?16a6xvk6j15eak9

They have lots of new artwork, like imagines from Andy and Shen that appeared in the KOFXII intro but were hard to see. And some new art from Clark and Ralf I haven't seen before + old classic artwork from old KOF games. Also you can see all the KOFXIII cast had XII style character select artwork already.

Is it possible that, once/if the clipped images get "fixed" that someone could break this down into 2 rars? 69 MBs would kill my Dial-Up connection. :( If there is a link to the gallery itself, that would work too.

I'm really hopeful for this game. It seems like KOFXIII is the game KOFXII was supposed to be.

That's how SNK/SNKp always have been. Look how improved is 95 compared to 94. 97 and 98 compared to 96, 2000 to 99 etc etc

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
Kind of sad if there are only 2 people lobbies, since I have a couple of friends I usually play with.

On the other hand. Playing vs. randoms should be less annoying now (not that I do that unless I don't have anyone on my FL to play with).

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
Kind of sad if there are only 2 people lobbies, since I have a couple of friends I usually play with.

On the other hand. Playing vs. randoms should be less annoying now (not that I do that unless I don't have anyone on my FL to play with).
Im cool with it being just 2 think about it, no more waiting in a room where your just watching now is all about getting to that next match.
In my case just like a lot of players here i have a couple of friends that i play with online, but we mostly do one on one matches anyway, on the other hand i dont have as much time to play as i used to so sometimes all i'll have is like 30 minutes to and hour before i leave for work and this means that now i'll get more matches in instead of waiting my turn in line.
Take it from me knowing you have to go to work but you wanna have that last fight and so you wait your turn just to have it finally come and then the host or player leaves is not a cool at all.

SHIT man just saw that intro now that was fucking cool, just a few more weeks man just a few more weeks.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
According to the commentators of Take All Comers, to unlock Billy you need to beat the game once (Arcade mode i guess), he will be a sub-boss, defeat him and voilá.
Maybe some already knew this, but it's just a tip for those who didn't.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
lolbilly

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
click on the link in the video  thread, it works there.

also if ex kyo  plays anything like xi ex kyo ill have a new main. i was wondering though, is it possible  to choose 95 kyo and xi kyo in the same team? thus having 2 kyos in 1 team. same for iori, flame iori and  scratch iori in the same team. i remember this was not possible in old kofs but im not too sure about the kofs with the multiple kyos like 99  for  instance. anyboody from the loketests  actually try to do this with characters already available like iori flames and scratch in 1 team?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »

In 3SOE it's pretty hard to get an 8 Room lobby filled with invites. Unless you set it all up in advance of course. And without a spectate feature what's the pint of having a lobby for more than 2?

I kinda' hope that there's a 1 vs 1 mode where you can only pick one character.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.