Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367246 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »
i dunno if it's just me but ive always thought video game money matches were a bit silly

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »
OK then I will translate the interview about the story. Ready guys? Here it comes!

Please, tell us about the story.
Yamamoto P:
So it's Yamamoto P who has to answer your questions. (LOL)
If I explain everything in clear details, it may decrease your excitement when playing the game, so I will just roughly explain the general.

Story Mode is a visual novel of different episode that did or did not appear in the Arcade version. Generally they can classify as "Fighting Parts" and "Visual Novel Part."

*試合開始= Start the fight
*スタジアム内部= Inside the stadium
*スタジアム周辺= Around the stadium

In the fighting part, you can choose any team to join the Tournament.
The before fight dialogue is also 3 to 3, so there can be more that two characters talking. We have a lot of grinning in the dialogue.
Of course, according to the result of the fight, the story line will change.

*Takuma: You idiot daughter! How dare you join this tournament without asking my permission!?

"Visual Novel Part" is to see the tournament part from different point of view.
Mainly from the viewpoint of Ash, Adelheid and Heidern to see the complete story.

*Ash: You guys are "good children" right?
So you never entered "That Room" before, right?

And there are also viewpoint of (Pi------) and (Pi-----)
(Pi-------------------------------------------)......
I feel like I am lacking too much. Please play the game yourself to understand the story.

Maxima: There are some images on the wall behind...It looks like some human and some monster looking creature.
It seems like the god they believed in. And there is a line between that linked them together.

The scene once seen will appear in the "Chapter Menu" so that you can repeat it and watch it again.
It should take some time to full completion, so please play with patience.

(Breathing hard(theodora: I had no idea why this appear in the interview...but it was there anyway))So actually, what is the highlight of the Story Mode?
Yamamoto P:
Certainty the Story Mode itself is a highlight of that game, but please take a good look for the gallery that draw for the main story.
Also there are some Guest Characters. although they don't have much to do with the main story, there are some nostalgia characters showed up.

*Duck: YO! It's been a long while and now you TALK ON THE PHONE?
I'm really sad you know YO!

Is there any variation according to the path the players choose?
Yamamoto P:
We are not taking other place unceremoniously but only spend most of our time and people on this part! I can only answer you like this.

Done! (throw my cap again) This is the part of story guys. I feel KOF XIII is kind of close to Blazblue?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:36:45 AM by theodora »
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
@Theodora:
Wow, that translation work was great! Thanks for it Theodora, really great job.

I can see what they mean by having cameos in the game and not been important to the story. Duck King dialog is a perfect example. lol

Man, can't wait to play the story mode, sucks there will be no voice acting in the story mode. =/

@a11111357:
You posted just before I did, but great findings! As expected, Japan gets ecchi/cute "phone cards" as pre-order incentives. But I always wondered why are these cards given so often as pre-order bonuses? Do people actually use them or just collect them for the artwork?

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:52 AM »
@a11111357:
You posted just before I did, but great findings! As expected, Japan gets ecchi/cute "phone cards" as pre-order incentives. But I always wondered why are these cards given so often as pre-order bonuses? Do people actually use them or just collect them for the artwork?

I didn't read anything about the phone cards on snkp's site.Will everyone preordered kofxiii in Japan get a phone card?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:23:43 AM by a11111357 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
@a11111357:

I didn't read anything about the phone cards on snkp's site.Will everyone preordered kofxiii in Japan get a phone card?

Well I assume those cards with the artwork are phone cards. I remember several articles calling those things "phone cards" but I don't know really what they are.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
@a11111357:

Well I assume those cards with the artwork are phone cards. I remember several articles calling those things "phone cards" but I don't know really what they are.

They are the cards that you can input an among of money, then you can use it on the public phone to avoid bring a lot of coins with you just to make a phone call.
However, I believe those card are for Otaku and they may not be using those cards as usual as it suppose to be. Most likely, they want the cards just because of the artwork. (With the population of cell phone today, it's pretty meaningless to have a phone card).

The dialog of Duck King was really a challenge to me. The "YO!" at the end of the sentence in truth was part of the sentence, but this part did not available in English(......). So the only thing I could do was to ignore the grammar and still put it in the end of the sentence...It looks pretty weird thought...
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »
Thanks.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »

Phone cards in Japan basically replace coins for payphones like we use in the States. They are only one-time use. Whenever you use it, the phone punches a hole in your card to show how many minutes you have left on it. After that, most people throw them away. They began becoming popular collector's items once they started having designs on them. They're very popular as preorder bonuses for games in Japan. Usually, each major retailer (or by platform) will be given a uniquely designed phone card preorder design.

Personally, I don't like the art too much for the preorder phone cards for XIII.

EDIT: theodora beat me to the explanation.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2011, 10:02:09 AM »
my gawd yuri and dem thighs

[spoiler][/spoiler]

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2011, 02:34:33 PM »
Thanks for the translation, YO! ;)

Seriously, though, good job :)

Done! (throw my cap again) This is the part of story guys. I feel KOF XIII is kind of close to Blazblue?
Seems to be like it, yeah.  Hoping they follow the lessons Arc learned before making BBCS and don't make matches that you're supposed to lose for different story paths (probably the thing that annoyed me the most in GG...what, sometimes I like messing around in story mode to practice <_< ).
Old man/bad player

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »
Watch out, King! Yuri's preforming a Stone Cold Stunner on you! (as mentioned on CX)

Anywho, the phone card art is kinda nice. For Japan, that's pretty conservative! ;) Wonder if those will be included in the gallery mode, or were held back just for these reasons?

And thanks for the story blog translations! I'm not suprised the Atlus guy let out that the mode has no voices; never expected any in the first place. With the style of voices added to the gameplay, I didn't expect them to add hours of recorded voice for this additional mode, too.

I remember once, people discussed disliking the addition of cinematic and story voices in games; that poor, or just "not as you thought" delivery made many scenes of less impact, than if you were to read them back in the 16 bit days, with the voice you chose for the character in your head. My little brother and I used to have great fun, putting voices to characters in all types of games, such as Guardian Heroes, Vanguard Bandits (or anything published by Working Designs), and much more. I kinda welcome the chance to do that again, without some actor-I've-heard-in-every-other-game speaking under me, haha.

Anyway, it seems story mode team dialog will be different than the arcade character-to-character dialog. That's great! They could have easily just used the same dialogs from Arcade, and put the story around them, but they seem to have done something different. That's going the extra mile. So per-character banter in arcade mode, and per-team banter in story. I wonder if this will work with Edit Teams too, or just the defaults?

KoF's story might be similiar in presentation to BB's, but I think I'll enjoy this one much more. Getting to see character I have history with will be nice, and I just like KoF characters personality and characterization much more. Also prefer KoF's gaming-nostalgic matter of translation, rather than the "edgy" style BB goes for now-a-days (Like an old ADV dub! LoL.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:50:25 AM by SAB-CA »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
Thanks for the translation, YO! ;)

Seriously, though, good job :)

Seems to be like it, yeah.  Hoping they follow the lessons Arc learned before making BBCS and don't make matches that you're supposed to lose for different story paths (probably the thing that annoyed me the most in GG...what, sometimes I like messing around in story mode to practice <_< ).
seriously it was a pain trying to finish story mode in gg and bb without a guide

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2011, 12:05:47 AM »
@theodora & FataCon:

That explains a lot, I always found weird that the bonuses were Cards instead of Posters or other bigger stuff. Thanks for the explanation!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2011, 12:28:47 AM »
Something i'm expecting in this Story Mode is some character development with good and interesting moments that define them.

I mean storywise some characters got stuck basically without development for like 10~15 years, i hope Story Mode changes a bit of that.
And i know that some or most people don't care about plots, but i do damnit >_<