Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364711 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #990 on: October 07, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
Netcode, Netcode... for me, it's a non-factor on purchase. I've wanted to play THIS game long enough, I'm getting it regardless. That's the most important factor to purchase.

THIS.

I will eventually try to find people to play with. In Brussels there are some top players who will obviously play the game regardless.

when do you plan on going to brussels again? maybe we could take a trip together? haven't been there in a year or so, never knew they had an arcade and top players to boot.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 07, 2011, 10:02:40 PM »
I'm probably the only person in Ohio outside of Columbus who plays KoF, and I'm 3 hours away.  Without solid netcode, this game will be useless to me.

In this day and age, an online game having horrible netcode is really inexcusable.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 07, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
Btw guys Have u noticed that EX Iori's ex fireball does dot as well?

Any guesses on Mr. Karate's moves list? I see him having triple haoshokouken ( the one they removed from takuma) and an uppercut.

Except that I hope EX kyo is much different from current Kyo.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »

Any guesses on Mr. Karate's moves list? I see him having triple haoshokouken ( the one they removed from takuma) and an uppercut.

?

By triple Haoh Shokoken, I assume you mean his EX Haoh Shokoken? They haven't removed that.

Mr. Karate's getting Koho (his uppercut) seems all but certain. Maybe also a DM version, like SvC Mr. Karate. He'll likely lose his current command grab and his qcf+K projectile. His Shoran Kyaku (run, grab and kick move) and his counter punch (qcb+P) would be good replacements.

I'm hoping for a few other moves to make this character a bit unique. Maybe a 2002-style instant guard break move, or a Marco-style charge P move. I also like the idea of Mr. Karate having Haoh Shokoken as a normal, slow move. Like in OG98.

He'll probably have an EX Ranbu DM. Perhaps his NeoMax will be similar to EX Takuma's MAX2 from 2002UM? That'd be cool with me.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 07, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »

?

By triple Haoh Shokoken, I assume you mean his EX Haoh Shokoken? They haven't removed that.

Mr. Karate's getting Koho (his uppercut) seems all but certain. Maybe also a DM version, like SvC Mr. Karate. He'll likely lose his current command grab and his qcf+K projectile. His Shoran Kyaku (run, grab and kick move) and his counter punch (qcb+P) would be good replacements.

I'm hoping for a few other moves to make this character a bit unique. Maybe a 2002-style instant guard break move, or a Marco-style charge P move. I also like the idea of Mr. Karate having Haoh Shokoken as a normal, slow move. Like in OG98.

He'll probably have an EX Ranbu DM. Perhaps his NeoMax will be similar to EX Takuma's MAX2 from 2002UM? That'd be cool with me.

If you're confused about what he said about Iori, he means Damage over Time, or a poison effect.

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 08, 2011, 12:23:50 AM »

?

No m8, I mean remember at the loke tests of the arcade version, he had a triple haohshokugen ( 3 projectiles ). On the arcade's lunch they changed the EX version to 1 projectile hitting 3 times. I think Mr. Karate will have the loke test's version ( 3 projectiles). I hope u got it, sorry my english are bad:P

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 08, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »

If you're confused about what he said about Iori, he means Damage over Time, or a poison effect.
No, just the triple haoh shokoken comment.

No m8, I mean remember at the loke tests of the arcade version, he had a triple haohshokugen ( 3 projectiles ). On the arcade's lunch they changed the EX version to 1 projectile hitting 3 times. I think Mr. Karate will have the loke test's version ( 3 projectiles). I hope u got it, sorry my english are bad:P
I think your English is fine, but I'm still not understanding what you mean. His EX Haoh Shokoken has always been three separate projectiles. At least, it has been in every version of XIII I've played.

http://youtu.be/jb3NI64CfJ4#t=7m40s Three projectiles, right?

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 08, 2011, 01:19:53 PM »
well once again here's hoping the netcode turns out good because that will be my only way of determining how long i stay interested in the game

This actually brings up a really good topic I think I'd like to discuss. If the netcode for XIII were to bomb (which is definitely in the realm of possibility), how does that effect your interest in the game? Is it a big determining factor for you regardless of how solid the game is on it's own merits?

And to address the issue of not having local competition, would you be willing to travel to participate/host tourneys/meets in the event that netcode fails?

This isn't addressed to Xxenace specifically, his response just made me think of the topic. With netcode being the biggest subject of doubt for a lot of people pre-release, I think it would be interesting to see where everyone in the community stands.

I was hoping the netcode would be good because I use online for my training. I'm still hoping to find more people to play with whether it's in person or online for casuals. I'm still planning to get this game alright.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 08, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »
I guess many of you are aware that next Wednesday (October 12) there will be an event in UK sponsored by RSG.
There will be a live-stream of the event from 7.30 PM (UK time).
It was announced a while ago, but I just saw this message posted by Yen Hau from RSG in Orochinagi and I think it is worth mentioning:

Fear not, we will not have the same machines as TAC (sorry about that by the way, I had no idea the consoles would be that bad).

I will bring the same consoles I had with me in Paris this past weekend. No slow down problems this time, plus the latest build of the code…although sadly the loading times of the disc are still a bit longer than I would like, it is to be expected as it’s debug code, I hope you all understand :)

Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday again!

This means we will be seeing some high quality matches from the console version without slow downs on specials or HD mode.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:27:05 PM by Nagare_Ryouma »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 09, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
Is anyone else frustrated that RSG spends a lot of time at conventions putting out this product and Atlus doesn't seem to give a care? Two events go by and they'd rather put out "Catherine" than KoF XIII. I'm feeling like someone needs to talk to them or marketing about their approach/lack theirof on the KoF front.

We're not getting any events to showcase or test the product! It shouldn't take an arm and a leg to do it either!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 09, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
Is anyone else frustrated that RSG spends a lot of time at conventions putting out this product and Atlus doesn't seem to give a care? Two events go by and they'd rather put out "Catherine" than KoF XIII. I'm feeling like someone needs to talk to them or marketing about their approach/lack theirof on the KoF front.

We're not getting any events to showcase or test the product! It shouldn't take an arm and a leg to do it either!
i am i was psyched as hell to find out that atlus was publishing XIII and they really aren't doing to much with it i understand about Katherine since it's there own game but wheres the love for KoF not trying to be picky but what they are showing is rather lame i much rather have a mini combo video then just a 30 second video showing of the characters moves

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 09, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »

Both Atlus and rising star games have been really poor in terms of promoting this game/getting  information out there.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 09, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »

Funny thing is Atlus was the first to actually give the players the chance to test the console version by attending EVO. I remember watching the live stream with Yamamoto, The Answer, Mr. Kof.
But then, it was PAX and that was it. It looked like they were really gonna do some noise but they just didn´t. On the other hand it took more time for RSG to take the game to events but once they started they haven´t really stopped.
Sadly, I don´t see Atlus taking the game to any other convention before the release date, but I hope I am wrong.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 09, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
I was wondering what other events in the US they could have taken it to, then I realized I was watching the Devastation stream.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
Yea, they opted to take Catherine instead of KoF. I mean, that's wacky.