Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364699 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1095 on: October 13, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »
I will lol if before dying the xbox went of full RROD mode just for the sake of it

Waifu Material

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 13, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
so uh 96 's netcode is pretty good my only complaint with the game is that controls feel way too stiff

That's like every KOF pre-XI, though.
well i was talking about pulling of move for some reason i cant pull off simple shit when i want to

You have to be pinpoint  accurate and ultra fast, the controls in 96 are retarded even doing a simple bnb mission let alone harder combos, besides it's 96  just do qcb hk  then up hk with chin it's all you need.
never liked chin and who ever i played against today in 96 made me hate him more

also

is there any hope that the controls in 97 are better?

That was me.  Didn't like the Toes of my Chin?  I had people try to imitate what I do and they just go tits up.  It's funny though.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1097 on: October 13, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
Professors translation of today's Blog entry on character changes! So Meaty!
The Prof updated his translations so I adjusted your list -Kane317
SNKPlaymore has updated its blog and they're finally releasing official details on the character balance changes. They'll be revealed in random order in 4 weekly updates starting today.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_46.html

This translation is a rushed job so there might be some minor mistakes.
It's a damn lot of work too. UPDATED

Asterisk * notes that the move is featured on the sample video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs&feature=player_embedded

System
Neomax only uses 2 power meters during HD mode (3 meters when not in HD)

Hwa Jai
- All frames on Drink super have been changed (apparently, its recovery is faster)
* Ground CD has changed. Moves forward and has invincibility to low attacks
* Fierce Dragon Tail has faster recovery; can be connected to a normal move after it hits
* Weak Dragon Backbreaker is now a 1F throw instead of a leaping throw
- Weak Dragon Tail comes out faster and connects from a fierce
- EX Air Dragon Kick now hits 3 times like its ground version and does 154 damage.
- EX Dragon Tail chips less guard meter

Producer Yamamoto says: Hwa has a lot of changes, like for example, his Weak Backbreaker is a 1F hit now. The recovery on his drink is different so it might be usable in a combo.

Benimaru
- Flying Drill has faster recovery, normal hit can connect afterwards
* EX Raijinken is a single hit attack. On a hit, the opponent will be stuck in the air afterwards for a limited time. They can be attacked with another move, or even get pushed by running to the edge of the screen.
* EX Air Raijinken lasts for a longer time. The timing in between the hits are longer than the arcade version. It now sort of works as a special that can be "placed" on the screen.
* EX Collider hits less times. That means less scaling for the combo to come afterwards.
* Neomax comes out faster, MAX cancel's timing is different. Invincibility runs out before the hit detection comes out.
- Fierce/EX Super Lightning Kick does more damage. On a full hit, the fierce version's damage has been raised from 70>100, EX from 135>192.
- Collider has faster recovery on whiff, can rarely be punished if blocked from a fierce punch.
- EX Iaigeri > Handou Sandangeki does less damage, down from 263 to 219

Producer Yamamoto says: We've balanced him so that even the attacks that weren't being used in the arcades would be of use. The EX Collider and EX Raijinken should especially come to more use since the opponent can be hit afterwards. The EX air Raijinken should be fun to place around for an attack string. His Neomax has no invincibility but it comes out a lot faster, so it might be fun to think of ways in using it.

Clark
* His Stepping (Forward+BD) is faster
* Weak SAB has full-body autoguard but comes out slower than before
- EX SAB>Flying Elbow can be MAX canceled
- EX Gatling Attack's invincibility runs out when its hit detection comes out. Projectile invincibility doesn't, even after hit detection comes out.
- If Fierce or EX Gateling gets blocked, the Afterattack throw won't come out any more
* Vulcan Punch can be canceled with another move on startup. This allows for some new combos like close Fierce punch (2nd hit)>VulcanPunch>SAB

Producer Yamamoto says: He's a throw character so we've buffed his throws. With moves like his Weak SAB, his front step, and being able to do a super cancel from a 1-frame throw, he should be able to fight like a real thrower.

Mai
- Kaschousen comes out faster, also has quicker recovery
* Ukibane (down + B in air) has different trajectory than Arcade, recovery time has been changed
* Musasabi(from ground) can be canceled to Floating attack
* WK>FK is a chain combo. Can be used to connect into HD mode, and also gives Mai more damage on pokes
* EX air Shinobibachi added in game. Invincible until hit detection comes out.
- Crouching FP has more cancelable frames
- Weak Ryuenbu has more vertical hitbox
* Neomax comes out faster and freezes time when it reaches the edge of screen

Producer Yamamoto says: We've balanced her as a female ninja by giving her attacks that can make her fight more tricky from the air. Using Ukibane to trick the opponent and doing an attack string, or hit confirming from her crouching fierce punch have become effective tactics. Her Neomax has also been buffed.

Leona
* Voltec Launcher chips less guard meter
- Strike Arch (directon move) comes out faster
* Fierce V-Slasher has different angle; weak travels short, fierce goes far. EX version is the same as the arcade.
- Ground Saber has longer recovery when blocked. About even when fierce version gets blocked.
- Moon Slasher has less hitback when blocked. All of them (weak, fierce, EX) are easier to get punished than the arcade.
- EX X-Caliber comes out faster. Still can't be comboed from a normal or direction attack.

Producer Yamamoto says: Moves such as the Ground Saber and Moon Slasher are easier to get punished so be careful. We've balanced her so that she can do things such as attack strings with her EX X-Calibur, or break into the opponent with her Strike Arch. Her Fierce V slasher has been buffed, and she's a character that's good in various occasions such as air-to-air combat or against projectiles.

Takuma
- Jump CD comes out faster
- Stun value on attacks has been lowered
* EX Kyokugen Koou comes out faster and has quicker recovery. Still can't be comboed from a normal or direction attack.
- Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu comes out faster. It's still slower than the weak version, but it has invincibility until after the hit detection comes out.
- Weak Hienshippukyaku's damage reduced from 70 to 50.

Producer Yamamoto says:
He has less stun values than the arcade, but he's still easier to dizzy the opponent than other characters. Also, it's not written above but damages on his other specials have also been raised, and he's a character that can do high damage. He's been buffed in a lot of places like his air CD and invincible Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu, so please try using him.

Mature
* Ebony Tears comes out faster. Can hit opponent afterwards
* Weak Metal Massacre is a one hit attack
* EX Deathrow correctly puts crouching opponent into hitback state on a hit unlike arcade version. If the opponent is crouching during 1-4 hits, a fierce Metal Massacre can still combo with a drivecancel.
- EX Despair doesn't move Mature behind the opponent even if they're crouching

Producer Yamamoto says:
Ebony Tears is a lot easier to use now. Weak Metal Massacre has been changed to a single hit and does less scaling, so it might be useful for fast paced matches.

Shen
* Gekiken Fakeout has faster recovery. It'll fail if the kick button is pressed too soon.
Gekiken maxed out will chip half the opponent's guard meter
* Danken(throw) comes out slower. Neither weak nor fierce has invincibility. However, it can be Drivecanceled.
* Danken(reflect) builds up meter on a success. No drive meter buildup.
* EX Fukkogeki>Kouryuugeki has slower recovery when blocked. Completely punishable

Producer Yamamoto says: We've did a lot of adjustments to his Danken. The throw version is no longer 1F, but it can be drive canceled for additional damage. Gekiken's feint has quicker recovery so it can be used to lengthen attack strings.

Leona sounds slightly nerfed, lol :(  But V-Slasher has become better at punishing from distance, so overall happy. And Strike Arch should be a more effective mixup. I hope Grand Saber's blockstun isn't WORSE than it's been in any old games, if it's about equal to older ones, that's ok. But Clark sounds nicely buff, and we now have a Max cancel from Flashing Elbow!

Takuma does more damage, and less stun? And yay, I can abuse Takuma's ranbu like I always have (as an awkward Anti-Air)!

Great to hear Beni's Drill is actually USEFUL now, too.

Hwa being able to solidly combo after fierce dragon tail is pretty sweet. How in the world could he use drinking in a combo?!? XD That should be interesting to see work...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:05:08 PM by Kane317 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 13, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Holy fuckcakes on the autoguard on Clark's command grab.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1099 on: October 13, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »
I'm not really sure what he meant by EX Death Row putting an opponent into pushback hit state. Does that mean a longer hit recovery?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 13, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
Leona sounds slightly nerfed, lol :(  But V-Slasher has become better at punishing from distance, so overall happy. And Strike Arch should be a more effective mixup. I hope Grand Saber's blockstun isn't WORSE than it's been in any old games, if it's about equal to older ones, that's ok. But Clark sounds nicely buff, and we now have a Max cancel from Flashing Elbow!

Takuma does more damage, and less stun? And yay, I can abuse Takuma's ranbu like I always have (as an awkward Anti-Air)!

Hwa being able to solidly combo after fierce dragon tail is pretty sweet. How in the world could he use drinking in a combo?!? XD That should be interesting to see work...
Leona's nerfs don't sound too bad to me.  Grand Saber not being advantage on block kind of sucks, but I'll gladly trade that for faster f+B.

Benimaru's j.d+D, useful?  Yes, please *laughs*

I'm not really sure what he meant by EX Death Row putting an opponent into pushback hit state. Does that mean a longer hit recovery?
I'm guessing "pushback hitstun" is a longer hitstun that knocks back more, like with Kyo's j.d+C or Iori's j.b+B.
Old man/bad player

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 13, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
so uh 96 's netcode is pretty good my only complaint with the game is that controls feel way too stiff

That's like every KOF pre-XI, though.
well i was talking about pulling of move for some reason i cant pull off simple shit when i want to

You have to be pinpoint  accurate and ultra fast, the controls in 96 are retarded even doing a simple bnb mission let alone harder combos, besides it's 96  just do qcb hk  then up hk with chin it's all you need.
never liked chin and who ever i played against today in 96 made me hate him more

also

is there any hope that the controls in 97 are better?

That was me.  Didn't like the Toes of my Chin?  I had people try to imitate what I do and they just go tits up.  It's funny though.
I WILL BEAT YOU WITH A STICK!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 13, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
97 & 98 have great controls, not XI or RB style super easy and smooth, but great none the less. it's 94 and 96 that have the worst controls, 95 is better at everything concerning gameplay and controls. it's a shame how aestheticly pleasing 96 is, because it's a shit game in everything else cept aesthetics and character selection.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 13, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »
heres to hoping snkp puts a real bout game on psn next ive been dicking around with the first one and still trying to decide if i like rbs or rb2 better

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 13, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »
RB2 is the best and most competitive one, RBS & RB are equal but still different.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 13, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »

Thank god.
So hateful.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 13, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »

The Professor did some fine tuning to the translations, it makes sense now.

---

FINALLY something we can chew on!  This updates are pretty slick looking and I love how they gave us a visual as well (because a list would have been suffice, not that I'm complaining hehe).  Well done SNKP.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 13, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »
OMG they;ve done tons of work for the rebalance. I like it!

off topic: Guys has anyone here tried KOF 95 online on Neo-Geo station? I bought it last night and I had like 1 second delay in the input and I got raped. Is it only me or the other guy I was fighting got used to the input delay?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 13, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Is there a KOF 96 thread yet? If not, someone needs to make one. It would be a great place to discuss match-making, the netcode and the controls.  :)

I really like most of these changes. A bit annoyed at the Leona nerfs, though. They're not that bad, but still seem a bit unnecessary.

Some of the Clark changes strike me as a bit odd, though. Weak SAB has auto-guard, but EX SAB remains the same. Except EX SAB -> Flashing Elbow can be MAX canceled. But you can only MAX cancel in HD mode, and if you're in HD mode, why not just use his DM for the increased damage? I guess it's useful if you drop your combo, or just do standalone HD activation. I hardly ever see people use HD in that way, however.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 13, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
Is there a KOF 96 thread yet? If not, someone needs to make one. It would be a great place to discuss match-making, the netcode and the controls.  :)

Just made one right before you posted, Rex ;)