Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364654 times)

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1185 on: October 17, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
I was able to get the basic combos down with my team (Ryo/Athena/Kim/Kyo). However, I had some issues trying to do an HD combo with Athena. it only requires a 1 frame to do an HD cancel from Psycho Sword to teleport, about four or five times, then do a DM or NM.

Both my Kim and Kyo needed some work because for Kim, I've been working on crouch b twice to stand b then f+a combo, but I kept messing it up. For my Kyo, I was able to make a combo from qcf+k to rdp+k then super cancel to orochinagi then ex rdp+k to super cancel again.

I still need more work on my team until I get the feeling that I want to know how to perform HD cancels.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 17, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »
A new KOF app/game: http://andriasang.com/comymv/

EDIT: And Aram from ATLUS posted a comment regarding the IGN Online Match video:

Quote from: AtlusAram
Regarding the videos recently posted on IGN:

The videos showing offline matches against AI opponents were taken on the second-to-easiest AI setting, which explains why the AI simply stands there.

The primary purpose of my visit to their offices, which was to give them a hands-on of the netcode, is represented in the video of a full, start-to-finish online match. That match was conducted between myself, located in San Francisco, CA, and a member of our production staff down in Irvine, CA (Bay area CA versus Southern CA).

Unfortunately, the nature of the video and the lack of the write-up fail to offer any additional context. I'll ask you all to be a bit patient, as there's plenty more coverage of the game, including the netcode, hitting soon, including an On the Spot stage demo, filmed live at GameSpot HQ, which also features a full online match.

Thank you for all of your passion; this community really is second to none!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:01:11 PM by DarKaoZ »

AtlusAram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 17, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Ahh its in December? I heard it was October but i guess i had the dates mixed up.

Edit: IGN uploaded some KOF XIII footage. Some crappy play overall except for one vid which is a complete online match.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/king-of-fighters-xiii-extended-online-footage.

Now to find both their locations. on another note, load times is shorter
how exactly would be able to find out the locations of the players?

Well since IGN didn't write something up about this, yet, explaining exactly what was happening here, we won't find out. My guess is it was on two systems in the office..which is..well on office-grade net, it's really hard to sell to consumers. "Look how well netplay runs on our offices awesome network, you guys should buy this!". If they on the other hand, playing on consumer grade net, in two different locations and had a positive experience, that would be sweet.

Regarding the videos recently posted on IGN (and please don't mind that I basically copied and pasted my text from the KOF thread on GAF):

The videos showing offline matches against AI opponents were taken on the second-to-easiest AI setting, which explains why the AI simply stands there.

The primary purpose of my visit to their offices, which was to give them a hands-on of the netcode, is represented in the video of a full, start-to-finish online match. That match was conducted between myself, located in San Francisco, CA, and a member of our production staff down in Irvine, CA (Bay area CA versus Southern CA).

Unfortunately, the nature of the video and the lack of the write-up fail to offer any additional context. I'll ask you all to be a bit patient, as there's plenty more coverage of the game, including the netcode, hitting soon, including an On the Spot stage demo, filmed live at GameSpot HQ, which also features a full online match.

Thank you for all of your passion; the KOF community really is second to none!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 17, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
^ And I just quoted you from over there. lol

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1189 on: October 17, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
 :) Doubled for emphasis! Guess I'll quote my reply for fun, too:

Hey, thanks for giving us some info on it all, Aram :) That's all very good news to hear. I assume you'll be posting the same info on Dreamcancel, so I won't bother reposting it, lol.

Looking forward to it all! If you can, it'd be nice to see the dates of the Stage demo and such posted on the official KoF website, when the time comes, too. It would help hype up the event at places such as SRK and IPW, if we can tell em a date and time, and give a place of reference for the info.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:05:49 PM by SAB-CA »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 17, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
Wow, that IS awesome. I don't suppose you'd let some local arcades (Southtown Arcade) try a location test for the game sometime? Since you happen to live in SF and all >.>

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 17, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »

Regarding the videos recently posted on IGN (and please don't mind that I basically copied and pasted my text from the KOF thread on GAF):

Thank you for all of your passion; the KOF community really is second to none!

Please tell me you guys tested Coast to Coast. Appreciate you posting though. It's really deeply appreciated that a company will actually interact directly with the fans which is something that another company that shall remain nameless almost certainly lacks.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 17, 2011, 08:44:37 PM »
While I guess it's nice to check how it works in state (especially considering Cali is probably the most densely populated place by KOF players in the US)...we REALLY need to test the Coast to Coast connection.  It's kind of the make or break.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
I'm curious to know if SNKP will really change the Button Config. But we haven't seen any changed of it in the latest build. =/

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 18, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
Atlus promo: http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/161800

3rd Prize
King of Cosplayers XIII – Selected by ATLUS Staff
The top King of Fighters XIII-themed entry, as determined by ATLUS Staff, will win a $200 gift card good at Amazon.

I say Reiki should totally be Maxima.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 18, 2011, 09:35:47 PM »

3rd Prize
The top King of Fighters XIII-themed entry, as determined by ATLUS Staff, will win a $200 gift card good at Amazon.

naw reiki would make a bad ass k' give him a white wig and some sunglasses and he be g2g

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 18, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »

3rd Prize

How can Reiki be Maxima?  He'd like have to put on a crap ton of muscle...and turn white.

Yeah, make him K'.  He plays him, give him some shades and the wig, and he has the straight face.  All he needs is a little swag in his stride and he's done.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 18, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »

3rd Prize

How can Reiki be Maxima?  He'd like have to put on a crap ton of muscle...and turn white.

if michael jackson can do it so can he(god rest his soul)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1199 on: October 18, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

I figured the obvious choices were:
Ash to cosplay... well, Ash (just say you're in "another" street clothes!)
And for Kane to, of course, cosplay Chin.

... Now who should Haunts dress up as for a Ranbat... lol. Kim?