Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364753 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1455 on: October 26, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
On the flip side, no one should be intimidated by Justin entering KOFXIII, as a lot of people seem to be. KOF is different enough from the games he dominates that he has no real "Justin factor." Practice that hop pressure and show him what's up.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »
I want to see J Wong fight Dark Geese in KOF13.
I was sparring with Dark Geese Saturday and he mentioned Justin Wong possibly coming to SCR. I won't repeat everything he said, but I can safely say he isn't scared. My bet would be on DG for sure.

Veering a little off topic I got him to play BlazBlue for the first time and he liked it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 26, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »
all i gotta say about j wong is
[spoiler]
DERP DERP DERP DERP all jokes aside if he starts playing KoF and getts good then good for him[/spoiler]

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 26, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »
all i gotta say about j wong is
[spoiler]
DERP DERP DERP DERP all jokes aside if he starts playing KoF and getts good then good for him[/spoiler]

i like his hat... i'd actually like to see justin get good at kof, justin is well known to newer players so if he really likes kof 13 that could possibly attract more attention to the game.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 26, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
We just got cable installed a few days ago.  I went ahead and did the port forwarding thing for good measure, but I'm still not sure what exactly that was supposed to achieve.  It's for KoF though, so you do it regardless.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 26, 2011, 10:20:47 PM »
We just got cable installed a few days ago.  I went ahead and did the port forwarding thing for good measure, but I'm still not sure what exactly that was supposed to achieve.  It's for KoF though, so you do it regardless.

Port Forwarding helps the console to send and receive information without passing by several checks from the router, making the online experience Slightly better, but then again it all depends on your connection and the distance/connection from your opponent.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 26, 2011, 11:06:12 PM »
ugh, I hope this doesn't turn into some turf war with KOFXIII to where only people who have actually played KOF religiously before should be the only ones allowed to win anything.  Last thing I wanna see is this crap turn into that MK9 PDP tourney crap, or CEO when Tokido took MvC3.

There shouldn't be anymore of a mission to beat JWong than there is to beat anyone else in front of you.
I don't have any problem with people who play other games also getting into KOF and doing well with it.  I just don't want to see the winner of the first major console XIII tournament (or any of them, but especially not the first) be a guy who just relies on basic good tactics, strong general fighting game fundamentals, and yomi instead of someone who actually seriously plays the game.  For the time being, I'm not strong enough to be winning big tournaments yet, so I'm going to be cheering for THE ANSWER (unless he gets matched against me, in which case, I'm out for blood *laughs* ).

It's the same reason why I'm always happy to see my local playmates beating Arturo Sanchez and Fubarduck in AH3.  No disrespect to either of them for their accomplishments in other games, but they don't really play AH3 outside of tournaments, so they deserve to get blown up by people who do.
Old man/bad player

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised Jwong got good, you guys know he used to play kof right?  Correct me if I'm wrong, JWong beat The Answer in 2k2 in the past at Texas Devastation '05.

You never know and no disrespect to either player.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:13:18 AM by Kane317 »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1463 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Justin Wong is the Karnov's Revenge champ.

He gonna BALLOOOON all over ya'll.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 27, 2011, 01:51:37 AM »
just relies on basic good tactics, strong general fighting game fundamentals, and yomi

Why do you hate Ryo players?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 27, 2011, 02:25:01 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised Jwong got good, you guys know he used to play kof right?  Correct me if I'm wrong, JWong beat The Answer in 2k2 in the past at Texas Devastation '05.

You never know and no disrespect to either player.
Yeah, he played 98 a lot back when he was on the east coast.  But that was a pretty good time ago.  I've heard that he played some of XIII in the arcades in SoCal, so I'd expect him to be decent, at least.  Still, I don't think he's had the time with it that you guys have.  Plus, 2005 was like 6 years ago, man ;)

And yeah, no disrespect meant, of course.  Justin Wong ranges between really damn good to worldclass at most of the games he focuses on.  But XIII isn't one of those games yet ;)
Old man/bad player

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 27, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »
working on it

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1469 on: October 27, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »
working on it

I love Wednesdays.  Thanks a11111357!

Aye, agreed:) And...

Did you notice that when Chin performed the C -> Stance -> Cancel to C, there was a spin of something around his body? Is that something new?

Also, he was able to combo after his throw, VS Kula in the corner. That's also new, I take it?

---

The accompanying video has some fun stuff. Raiden with the new headrocker combo, Ralf with the return of his old mobile Vulcan punches, Vice's Splash -> Overkill Cancels, and Robert now able to combo weak attacks into Hien Shippukyaku are all pretty nice.

They also seem to talk about the notice to gauge increase on block, and maybe a mention on something about modified neomax scaling in combos?

An interesting week!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:53:11 AM by SAB-CA »