Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365336 times)

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1260 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
SRK(or at least its members) talking Ish about KOF's netcode, but half of them have never even been on this site or have seen or experienced what we have with this game. I always wonder why people trust SRK over this site for KOF stuff or Dustloop for Atlus games. I just don't get SRKs members.

SRK represents the Capcom community.  SNK has, until Dreamcancel, not been represented well by its sites- which have either been mostly dead, or Smashboards-level drivel.   Also, the tone of the community was often anti-competitive pre-Dreamcancel.  I think the newer school fans don't appreciate sometimes how much better the scene is due to having a site like DC.
It's not a good sign if SRK happens to be one the main sites for someone to get into KOF. DC is a good step forward. Didn't this site establish itself because of SRK? Like they wouldn't do this or that for the KOF forums? Either way I think it's much better this way.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1261 on: November 19, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
EU got delayed, i would have loved to give you guys a hardcore, critical yet unbiased review for the online but im sol 2.

some things though, ssf4 is to this day the best netcode ever made for fighters, but it still sucked imo (not even comparable to offline). i don't knot if 13 netcode is truly only as good as sf4, but if so its kind of embarrassing theres still no better netcode available imo. at least it will be playable this time around.

also don't play on samsung leds, they lag as hell (like during some 13 eu show).

Best netode i experienced would be like this (i use cable internet decent speed nothing too fancy)

Blaze Blue + Arcana Heart 3
UMVC3
SSF4

If XIII is below SSF4 ... we have a problem.When i get the game i will make a non bias lag test like i did with XII and SSF4 - i will be comparing UMVC 3 and XIII.I specially do not trust fanboy opinions like some people here claimed XII is playable even after i made a video comparing it with ssf4 and the obvious almost 400-500 ms imput lag.I do not expect XIII netcode to be perfect on launch date but i want it to be better thank mk9 so i can believe in a quick patch improvement.I think that guy's opinions are fairly resonable and the game might have some lag depending on the other persons connection (he said he didn t knew what internet was the other person using)
Stop bitching and acting like hungry wolves on any critical opinion about XIII ... when most of you haven't even played the online.... the only hypocrites here are you.

Now run along and praise that color edit mode and all that nonsense
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:07:58 PM by KBlackNoah »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 19, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
Ok fellas here is something i just found there is a podcast from Gametrailers.com called invisible walls they are talking about KOF XIII in this weeks episode check it out if you feel like it.

They talked about UMVC3, SoulcaliburV and KOFXIII now the cool thing is that they start talking about XII and how incomplete it was which is something we can all agreed is true, that said they talked about all the improvements and how complete XIII feels over XII they dont really say anything bad about the game other than the fact that its more technical than your average fighter, which is something we can all agreed with as well they even say that the netcode is improved over XII.

Now this is not the site i would go to find out about a fighter as it seems only 2 of the guys played the game and they are telling the others how it feels to play XIII, but if you listen to what they are saying and how they describe the game, saying that there is a lot to like here and that they had a very good time playing it that is pretty cool.

Now if a site like this one is saying good things about XIII which does not surprise me not even a little bit because i now that this game is the real deal, it will probably help those still in the fence about it and just pick it up, this site is not known for fighters at all and if even them are giving props to XIII that is cool with me

I dont want every site to just bend over and start kissing KOFXIII ass but at least i like the fact that they showed respect for XIII both as a fighter and as a product.
im glad that IW is giving some praise to KoF doesn't change the fact that i think they are all stupid as hell

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 19, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
EU got delayed, i would have loved to give you guys a hardcore, critical yet unbiased review for the online but im sol 2.

some things though, ssf4 is to this day the best netcode ever made for fighters, but it still sucked imo (not even comparable to offline). i don't knot if 13 netcode is truly only as good as sf4, but if so its kind of embarrassing theres still no better netcode available imo. at least it will be playable this time around.

also don't play on samsung leds, they lag as hell (like during some 13 eu show).

Best netode i experienced would be like this (i use cable internet decent speed nothing too fancy)

Blaze Blue + Arcana Heart 3
UMVC3
SSF4

If XIII is below SSF4 ... we have a problem.When i get the game i will make a non bias lag test like i did with XII and SSF4 - i will be comparing UMVC 3 and XIII.I specially do not trust fanboy opinions like some people here claimed XII is playable even after i made a video comparing it with ssf4 and the obvious almost 400-500 ms imput lag.I do not expect XIII netcode to be perfect on launch date but i want it to be better thank mk9 so i can believe in a quick patch improvement.I think that guy's opinions are fairly resonable and the game might have some lag depending on the other persons connection (he said he didn t knew what internet was the other person using)
Stop bitching and acting like hungry wolves on any critical opinion about XIII ... when most of you haven't even played the online.... the only hypocrites here are you.

Now run along and praise that color edit mode and all that nonsense
he does have a point

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1264 on: November 19, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
@Xxenace

I  think you are the only reasonable fellow on this forum... and of course musolini  when he is an asshole

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure i can play just fine with neighbouring country France, plenty of skill there. If not i can resort to Brussels where Kenpachi opened a new arcade today, one that is focusing on fighters. (98/XIII/Motw/AE/3s/ST etc.)

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »
ON my way to get my copy of the game if anyone else in the NYC area wants to get the game (no music cd) just the game for both systems let me know and i'll tell you where.

i'll give you my impressions of the game later today or tonight laters.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »
The local impressions are saying SF4 quality, and playable.  Most of them aren't too happy about it but it's not so bad that they're saying SNK is doomed, like they were thinking.  I think much of it comes down to what you expected.

SF4 quality is what I thought we'd end up at, so if that's what we get, I'm not going to grumble much about it.

Ultimately, whether I stay in KOF and 2d fighters is going to depend more on my own abilities and efforts, and not the netcode.  That said, a playable netcode is the best practice I can get when it's 5am, I feel like playing, and it's really rude to call someone at 5am just to play videogames.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
I thnk that the problem with the SRK article, is that how can you post an article with only one impression, before the game gets street dated, and overall, give a judgement just like that

People here says that the netcode is awesome, others than is not that good, we just could tell after the game is released

Personally, I don't care if i'm not considered a reasonable person for a guy which only purposes here is troll and post that he is playing bf3 when nobody gives a crap

Waifu Material

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
That said, a playable netcode is the best practice I can get when it's 5am, I feel like playing, and it's really rude to call someone at 5am just to play videogames.

Well in my circle, there are some who are awake have nothing better to do at 5 AM.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 19, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
If its like sf4 netcode then i'm a happy bunny, i have no-body to play in person so xbox live is vital for me to get good practice then to go to tournaments.

I'm really glad to here that news.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
I thnk that the problem with the SRK article, is that how can you post an article with only one impression, before the game gets street dated, and overall, give a judgement just like that

People here says that the netcode is awesome, others than is not that good, we just could tell after the game is released

Personally, I don't care if i'm not considered a reasonable person for a guy which only purposes here is troll and post that he is playing bf3 when nobody gives a crap
^
this .....
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1272 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
sibarraz, btw, how big is the Install file on 360 for the game?

And y'know, I like that the SRK article have people speaking otherwise all throughout the replies. Great to see it's not all doom & gloom, like it could be. Some individual opinions, and some open-minded viewpoints. I've seen much worse from SRK in the past.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1273 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

That "the only reasonable fellow" was a joke man ...ease up.And yes! Battlefield 3 is in fact a letter from jesus in a shape of a game (even bf 3 lags but i don't say it doesn't because it would make me an idiot to deny a obvious thing)!
I love KOF but i do not praise any shit that playmore puts out and has that name on it.I will be totally fair with it like i am with any game and give it more than a chance... because it's my favorite fighter.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 19, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
So, when people mention that your online matches are in SF4 quality. Do you mean vanilla or SSF4?
I'm not sure if there's any difference, but I do know that SSF4 plays very well against other Swedes, imo.