Author Topic: KOFXIII Framedata  (Read 37841 times)

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
KOFXIII Framedata
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
UPDATE: I have merged the request thread with the Frame Data thread jump down to this post -Kane317: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1414.msg47298#msg47298

ANOTHER UPDATE Signed by R compiled keykakko's Frame Data table into a google spreadsheet which has a majority of the cast: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsrvpuirdQzwdGM0UDlRcGozMkJBQVZES0F4Zmw1MGc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0 - Desmond Delaghetto

I have a question more of a request or maybe more of a prayer. I firmly believe that frame data for each char in KOFXIII should be put in the respective character discussion threads. As a person who uses frame data to plot strategically the validity of normals and specials this can greatly improve strategy through out the entire community. I know this request maybe a bit heavy , but in short words it'll be god-like. XD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:25:34 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII Framedata Request
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:31:44 AM »
isn't there frame data in the wiki?
if not wouldn't that be the best place to put it, since you probably would look there first?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:38:01 AM »
I could be wrong, but i think that info usually comes from Guides and game mooks, and there was nothing like that in the (arcade) KOF XIII guide used to make the wiki.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »
Yeah the KOF XIII  Master Guide has no frame data in it and would be irrelevant vs console as a lot of moves have been changed. If memory serves me, I think some of the mooks for previous KOFs may have had this data but am a little doubtful (I remember there being tables for each chr on black and white pages with damage, and maybe frames along with that). It would be quite a project to capture and document total frames, invincibility frames, adv/disadv frames, hitbox frames and when these all start/stop for each move.

I do agree that such data would be good for strategy, but realistically that may boil down to folks making general comments on each move after studying them in practice mode against certain dummy settings or something :|
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:25:16 AM by BioBooster »

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:27:58 AM »
Well if I can some how help with that then I'd definitely be willing to participate and contribute. Because framedata in my opinion is quintessential for advanced strategies.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:05:46 AM »
Yeah, I'd probably help with that too. Let's see how fit for doing something like that is with practice mode. I'm hoping for lots of meta-data on HUD as an option, but we'll see.

I'm thinking while not as necessary as in VF/TK series where knowing frames is everything, it would be awesome if we could get a consensus on best punish responses and safe strings. At the very least, we'd want the fastest normals for each character. 

Still a bit daunted by the task though, but hopefully we'll see or find something useful for the wikis.

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 07:16:48 AM »
Yeah, i'm still lost on things to punish in this game so I can't seize opportunities to properly damage.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Frame Data
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted before, but this site has a partial list of frame data.  It's in japanese, but I presume google translate will help you understand most of it.  If not, feel free to leave a note and I'll see if I can translate it.

http://keykakko.wordpress.com/

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Frame Data
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:56 AM »
Nice find. So far I see lists for Yuri, K', Vice, Takuma, Shen, Joe, Normal Kyo, Benimaru, Iori, Kula and DouLon. If you and anyone else can translate this stuff, we can add to the wiki asap. Thanks.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Yo Kirah, we're finally able to circle back to where we left off ;)

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1414.msg47298#msg47298
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:00:20 AM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »
I'll take this on.  Awesome find Lazie.

This should be straight forward to bang out in terms of the tables that are there.

I have the most time for it this coming sat/sun night.

Des, you want the same format? I think that would work. Lemme know where it should sit relative to everything else.
(very bottom I would think, before the credits and so on)

Also the post is from Dec and hasn't been added to probably due to the rigors of doing it.
Do we have a continuation plan?

I also know that Ky0 is solid in Japanese, think he can help if we need extra hands. Point is, information is from Dec, doesn't have to be today for us, but should be well within a week otherwise it's going to drag and we'll get distracted with other stuff.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »

Des, you want the same format? I think that would work. Lemme know where it should sit relative to everything else.
(very bottom I would think, before the credits and so on)

I think under the videos and above the references will do. Try it out and show it to me if you could.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
Running Wiki List:
1) Beni done

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
man...Iori's sweep is -22 on block?  gross
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »
That's why you only use it if you feel like committing suicide that day.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.