Author Topic: Billy Kane  (Read 54999 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 04:19:43 AM »
nice vid m8!

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »
Excellent discovery!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 04:05:14 AM »
King of Fighters XIII - Trial Mode : Billy Kane

3. Timing for hcf+C after dp+B has to be done as soon as you land.

4. Don't try to mash cA as it will turn out to be rapid A move instead. Just time it as you land.

5. You have to buffer his DM as soon as he lands. If feels like a cancel but its not.

6. Best way to do this is let the stick go to neutral, then do cB, neutral, then hcf+AC. If you don't, you can get unwanted moves like NM, SDM etc.

7. Early cancel from hcf+C. You cant buffer hcf+C~hcb+AC for the SDM to come out, you have to do a separate motion for the DM itself. So, you would do hcf+C~qcfhcb+AC. If you don't do that, you will get qcb+C instead.

8. Timing of the f+B has to be right.

9. For the beginning part, best to do cB, cB, cB~BC~C. Since the opponent recovers from cB fairly quickly, you have to input the BC~C quickly for it to connect. You can do this trial with all the sC to connect, so if you are struggling to get the b+A after first hit of sC, then let all the sC hit. Spacing can get iffy aswell if you not as close to Takuma when doing qcb+C. Another thing to note is that its best to let the stick go to neutral state after hcf+C~qcf+C because if you don't, when trying to do qcb+C, the DM will come out instead.

10. Just with what you learnt above, let the stick go to neutral state after hcf+C and do a separate motion for the DM and neutral state after hcf+C~qcf+C when doing qcb+C.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 05:09:17 AM »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 05:23:43 AM »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 03:59:58 PM »
6. Best way to do this is let the stick go to neutral, then do cB, neutral, then hcf+AC. If you don't, you can get unwanted moves like NM, SDM etc.

9. For the beginning part, best to do cB, cB, cB~BC~C. Since the opponent recovers from cB fairly quickly, you have to input the BC~C quickly for it to connect. You can do this trial with all the sC to connect, so if you are struggling to get the b+A after first hit of sC, then let all the sC hit. Spacing can get iffy aswell if you not as close to Takuma when doing qcb+C. Another thing to note is that its best to let the stick go to neutral state after hcf+C~qcf+C because if you don't, when trying to do qcb+C, the DM will come out instead.
For # 6 you can actually do cr.B, f+A, then do  ;bk ;db ;dn B  ;dn ;df ;fd AC... It's an easy way to buffer it...

For # 10 it's actually a late cancel... Do cr.B, cr.B, cr.B, then press B+C as if you are linking it and not cancelling it... So do it with a little delay and an automatic HD + s.C will come out... After that just think of pressing B+C as if you are pressing s.C... So right after pressing B+C press b+A and you'll get the s.C *1 hit*, b+A and you can continue your combo...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:06:50 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:09 AM »
Its the way I did it in my vid, I found it easier to do a cB then hcf+A. As for trial 10, I personally dont like doing the late HD activation with auto sC, just ruins my timing...

What you wrote do work tho, it just how I did it for my vid and works for me.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
I looked at that DG vid, and though it shows some good combos, he's still not top just because he can combo from one end to the other side... A few other characters can do that, but they're not "top" (maybe one character, he's got more going for him)...

Well, have any of you guys been messing around with HD Bypass combos??? I threw something up not entirely as a "combo video", but more or less a way of showing the HD Bypass technique with Billy, since I haven't seen anyone use it anywhere... There's some other things in there as well... Enjoy!

KOF XIII Billy Kane HD Bypass, Counter Hit Combos, & Stuff

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
I looked at that DG vid, and though it shows some good combos, he's still not top just because he can combo from one end to the other side... A few other characters can do that, but they're not "top" (maybe one character, he's got more going for him)...

Plus, I'm not sure why he isn't making the character attack while jumping to see which character's jumping attacks will beat out his d. C and vice versa...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »

Plus, I'm not sure why he isn't making the character attack while jumping to see which character's jumping attacks will beat out his d. C and vice versa...

Oh yeah, speaking of jump attacks, Billy's j.C is nowhere near as good as it was in 02, or even 02UM... It's more liable to trade with certain character's attacks... Sure it's a good long range poke (one of his best 4 imo), and in some cases may work better than j.D, but you still run the risk of a trade off, or simply getting beat out altogether... From my offline experience, Kim's j.D should be able to beat out Billy's cr.C, or at the very least trade off. Even that's not the same as 02's version of cr.C.

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
hope u guys don't think im an asshole for posting this......
Billy kane Kof XIII bala

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
Hey b.a.l.a. awesome video... How are you doing those cancels? I can't figure out how you are cancelling hcf+C into itself... Especially the last one where you cancelled qcb+A, qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcb+AC... ?!?!1?!!!?!11!!??

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
Hey b.a.l.a. awesome video... How are you doing those cancels? I can't figure out how you are cancelling hcf+C into itself... Especially the last one where you cancelled qcb+A, qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcb+AC... ?!?!1?!!!?!11!!??

Yep ...hmmm is the same cancel of clark...... canceling gatling punch into it self... u cancel into vulcan punch but before come out u cancel it into another gatling... is the samething whit billy...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
Oh wow... Ok that is uhh amazing... Impossible for me though since I play on a pad... By the way what are your thoughts on Billy? Where would you use him in a team? I've been putting him on point...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 04:44:13 AM »

I haven't seen any jump-in normals beat Billy's cr.C yet. It seems like an extremely high priority anti air... surely some characters can beat it or trade, but most cannot, I can say that much.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:46:15 AM by Matt Alder »