Author Topic: K' (Arcade Version)  (Read 46553 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: K'
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2011, 10:44:59 PM »
The issue is whenever I input QCF+AC afterwards I always get a Crow Bite (DP+AC). The weird part is that when I perform HCB-F+A DC QCF+A/C it works everytime. It is just specifically when I "EX" the move it changes to a DP.
I'll try to explain :

The buffer is wide enough to allow you to DC a dp move in to a new dp move by simply holding df and press the button for the DC after the first dp.

By example you can do dp.C,(DC)dp.AC with Kula by doing : 6523+C~AC (Because moves can be drive cancelled by their Ex versions). But you can also DC the dp of yuri in her demon flip : 6523+C~D, same thing goes for qcf moves, you can DC Kensou's rekkas by doing qcf.A,qcf.A~AC (In fact you can also cancel the second rekka by the third with the same idea).
What's why sometimes a Ex dp comes out, you're not yet on the 6 you press AC the Ex dp comes out.

Now to avoid problems it seems snk makes the game recognize buffer like 6523+C 6+C and prevent it to be drive cancelled. But this thing is disable in Maxmode what's why this trick will works really well. And doing dp.C,(HD)qcf.C by this method is really easy. So if you're not using this in Maxmode i can only recommand you to do the real move, 6523+C 236+AC. It will avoid any problems if you're precise enough.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:46:43 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

VesperArcade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
So if you're not using this in Maxmode i can only recommand you to do the real move, 6523+C 236+AC. It will avoid any problems if you're precise enough.

Thank you for the quick response, however this method does not prevent the super from overlapping. I am checking my inputs in training mode and they are quite precise. Perhaps could you try it yourself specifically with K' to correct me?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »
In Maxmode you do 6523+A 6+A/C to do dp.A,(HD)qcf.A/C
If you're not in Maxmode do 6321456+C 236+A/C to do dp.A,(DC)qcf.A/C

Your inputs must be precise if you do exactly the manipulations fast enough it works.

I'm doing it right now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:56:48 PM by Sharnt »

VesperArcade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
In Maxmode you do 6523+A 6+A/C to do dp.A,(HD)qcf.A/C
If you're not in Maxmode do 6321456+C 236+A/C to do dp.A,(DC)qcf.A/C

Your inputs must be precise if you do exactly the manipulations fast enough it works.

I'm doing it right now.

Are you doing QCF.A+C though? like I said I can cancel DP+A into the regular version QCF.A/C no problem. When I EX it with A+C that is when the DP occurs. Could you verify that for me?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2011, 12:52:10 AM »
Since i'm not a K' player it tooks me a while to understood it's a timing problem.

Btw i asked the french community and the answers are :
You can do 6523+A 6+C/AC but the window is really, really tight (i thought it was impossible my bad)
You can also do hcb f.A,(DC)qcf.AC the window is really tighter than the A or C version but i succeed in some times.
You can also do 6236A, 9AC but here the timing is tight too ...

I don't know for this specific case which one is the easiest.

If it's just for the trial go into HD mode.

VesperArcade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2011, 01:00:05 AM »
Since i'm not a K' player it tooks me a while to understood it's a timing problem.

Btw i asked the french community and the answers are :
You can do 6523+A 6+C/AC but the window is really, really tight (i thought it was impossible my bad)
You can also do hcb f.A,(DC)qcf.AC the window is really tighter than the A or C version but i succeed in some times.
You can also do 6236A, 9AC but here the timing is tight too ...

I don't know for this specific case which one is the easiest.

If it's just for the trial go into HD mode.

You have been very helpful. Very interesting that this has no easy solution for such a extremely specific situation. I am recording the trials so unfortunately I cannot cheat and use HD mode.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2011, 01:07:38 AM »
Hi everyone, I need some assistance if anyone can help me. I am trying to complete K' trials in mission mode and have everything completed except Trial 6.

The specific part I am stuck on is when I have to perform DP+A DC QCF+AC

Now I understand to prevent overlap of the super I must perform the DP+A as HCB-F+A

The issue is whenever I input QCF+AC afterwards I always get a Crow Bite (DP+AC). The weird part is that when I perform HCB-F+A DC QCF+A/C it works everytime. It is just specifically when I "EX" the move it changes to a DP.

The only way I have found to prevent this is doing a HCF, though it is not consistent. There has to be a easier way, if someone could enlighten me please.

If you press AC or just mash AC, you're going to DC into it. Gotta time it right or it's gonna be bad. It's kinda funny, huh? I tried it 10 times today in training mode to see if I did the dp motion and just pressed AC really fast, it DCed. I didn't have to do anything.

Anyway, I've been practicing the same hcb,f+A shortcut too. The timing is really tight though...

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2011, 01:08:08 AM »
I don't get the point since there is a movie in the game itself

VesperArcade

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:11 AM »
Think of it as a journal. I also record my hands, for example The King of Fighters XIII Trials - Kyo Kusanagi

The most consistent way I have found for myself is HCB-F+A HC QCF-UF+AC. I think I got this now. Thanks again for everyone's help.

EDIT: Yes, this worked extremely well I was able to pull if off right away.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:42:00 AM by VesperArcade »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:37 AM »
VesperArcade I love your channel alot

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »
guys just a question... i cant beat a good K (i mean one who actually knows how to play him), i m still looking for a team (or 2) but it's not easy...what about ASH vs K? the "guile" turtle mode (more or less of course) can be productive?
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »
Ash is not an easy character to start the game off with, but if you're used to charge character play, most of the time you won't have to do much. In fact, if you learn how fast your moves are and what you punish, you'll be on easy street. Take for example when K' gets you in the corner and he does Ein Trigger => Second Shoot (F+D, the high kick follow up). He's not safe. You can punish him royally.

If K' does Minute spike by itself. That's also not safe, get in a full combo. If he does Narrow Spike, also not safe, you should definitely punish that. Almost all his jump-ins have to be landed meaty to hit crouching people so a poorly timed hit can mean full combo. People like Ash can do low B to lower their hit box and catch them when they whiff.

Now, aside from his EX moves, which are a little harder to catch, his neutral game is a bit easier to deal with and gives you ample opportunity to beat him. You just have to be patient.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »
Ash is not an easy character to start the game off with, but if you're used to charge character play, most of the time you won't have to do much. In fact, if you learn how fast your moves are and what you punish, you'll be on easy street. Take for example when K' gets you in the corner and he does Ein Trigger => Second Shoot (F+D, the high kick follow up). He's not safe. You can punish him royally.

If K' does Minute spike by itself. That's also not safe, get in a full combo. If he does Narrow Spike, also not safe, you should definitely punish that. Almost all his jump-ins have to be landed meaty to hit crouching people so a poorly timed hit can mean full combo. People like Ash can do low B to lower their hit box and catch them when they whiff.

Now, aside from his EX moves, which are a little harder to catch, his neutral game is a bit easier to deal with and gives you ample opportunity to beat him. You just have to be patient.

i ll try ash as soon as i get a K online... i so xxcking hate him
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »

Are both of those moves you mentioned punishable enough to get a st.C/D with most characters? I had no idea it was that unsafe. I thought it pushed him away too..
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
You can get beat out if they're close enough or if someone has a really fast normal like Kula.