Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87176 times)

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »
This type of thing is enormously subjective, but my two cents:

I like that XIII (and XII) feel like an old school SNK fighting game. I'd really like them to maintain that atmosphere, since its something that I haven't really experienced since . . . maybe KOF 2000?

"Crazier" crossover games, like NGBC, KOF XI or, hell, even Maximum Impact 2/R.A can also be fun, but I don't like them as much. If they really want Metal Slug vs. Capcom vs. Fighter's History vs. King of Monsters, make another 3D game please.

Keep the main series SNK-only.

Gotta agree with this.  I much prefer "traditional" 2D fighters such as KoF XII, XIII, CvS 1&2, etc.  Zany games like BlazBlue can be fun sometimes, but I tend to lose interest in those after not too long.  I've always hated MvC.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2011, 04:33:00 AM »
I herd that theres going to be Englesh VA's is this true

Where did you hear this from?

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »

youtube and srk. I didn't think it was true due to it never being stated by snkp or atlus, along with the fact that I really don't think snkp has the money to do that but I just wanted to know.
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2011, 04:55:15 AM »

youtube and srk. I didn't think it was true due to it never being stated by snkp or atlus, along with the fact that I really don't think snkp has the money to do that but I just wanted to know.

Ah, okay.

Well, Atlus always hires good voice actors, so there could be a chance at Atlus assisting SNK with the English voice overs.

Right now, I am going to take this rumor as a normal rumor..

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:47 AM »
Atlus stated that there would be no English voice actors.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2011, 05:42:37 AM »
indeed, and its something that has never been needed in the first place. im glad they did this. there is a voice actor for every character in the game, we dont need english or german dubs.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:22 AM »
I still believe than will be cool to pull of actors that speaked the actual language of the characters, but trying to be the same seiyuus

I really want to see one day ramon talking like a real mexican

Waifu Material

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
Atlus stated that there would be no English voice actors.

That is true.. I also posted a reply to the suggestions topic in the Atlus forums, regarding the reasons of why I suggested an English Dub for the game.

I know that the game won't have an English Dub, and I understand that greatly, only problem is whether the game will be released on either PSN or on Disc.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:03:37 PM by Mikel »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »
There's spoken English in the game so I think it's covered in that regard. The game will be disc-based which is why Gamestop is pre-selling it.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35:38 AM »
please let us taunt

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
You already can taunt in 13.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2011, 02:00:16 AM »
You already can taunt in 13.

You only need the time to taunt, which is hard to do in a heavy rushdown like game. lol

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2011, 02:18:30 AM »
I like to start off with a nj.D with Andy which usually keeps them out. That leads into a good taunt timing while they sit back and think about what to do next.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2011, 02:38:41 AM »
I know that the game won't have an English Dub, and I understand that greatly, only problem is whether the game will be released on either PSN or on Disc.

You know, even during the Arcana Heart 1 issue that brought this thing into knowledge in the first place, the only problem was not having long, drawn out, forgeign language voice for a game, explaining things like story, or being spoken in lengthy cinematics.

Having Japanese only in limited, quick gameplay style (like in almost every fighting game ever released) was never a problem.

Tis the reason why they REMOVED the story voices from AH, but everything else was fine to keep in Japanese.

Most likely, KoF is going to maintain a fully quiet, text-only storyline for all these things, just like in KoF XI, and all KoF's beforehand. So it shouldn't raise any issues.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2011, 03:55:38 AM »
^ Indeed none of the old KOF needed any voice over work. But this is the first time SNKP is doing a stand alone STORY Mode for a Canonical KOF series (MI kinda did that in a way). So to show that they are taking it seriously, having English Voice acting would be nice.

But like its been said several times, having the option to select which language to hear would make everybody happy. Besides, even if BB has some annoying voices, I really appreciate the detail they added. For example when certain characters fight each other, they will scream different things.

Which added a lot to the characters personality and rivalries. If BB didn't have English voices I wouldn't know what they were screaming at each other and maybe I wouldn't appreciate the characters more.

So I don't think that having English Voice option will hurt SNKP, heck, maybe it will help get more people into KOF even if they don't play it competitive. Of course, I say this assuming the game will feature a story mode ala BlazBlue. BlazBlue Arcade had a story mode too, but more off the lines of what you see in KOFXIII, just some small conversation boxes in some matches and an ending. Yet the console version came out and they did a full new story mode, which followed the Arcade version one, but it expanded. So I think SNKP might be trying to do something along those lines.