Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87188 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »
um, no.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
I don't know, I think that the problem with combos is more about timing than speed, so if you slow it down, maybe will be harder to pull them later, in the other hand, you can learn when you had to cancel the moves, interesting topic

Waifu Material

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
In training mode, the cpu's guard needs to be fixed. Even though the cpu is set to crouch and guard, it will not block a mix up from mid-high to low.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »
and the life bar needs to fill up faster during training.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2011, 12:58:45 AM »
One thing that is not important but I will love to see is the option to put classic music in the game, more oriented from the 90's than the last decade music

I always wondered, which were the tracks on the DLC with classic music from XII? I recall that I wasn't an amazing selection, and a little random actually

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2011, 04:32:16 AM »
old kof music is the shit.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »
I guess this kind of thing would only apply if they made console a version 1.2 or something since its system changes, but just some things I've noticed...

1. Pushboxes in the middle of sprites are really skinny, makes cross-ups weirder than they should be, others and I have mentioned this before. Would be nice if they could adjust how close you can get to the middle of a sprite so things aren't as random.

2. Input buffer has some flaws, particularly dp conflicting with half circles in the same direction. As an example, dashing into Athena's command throw produces a dp, and if you have 1 drive stock and it hits, a dp drive canceled into a command throw. Funny story, I saw the CPU do this. Even they can't dash and command throw! This has never been a problem in games where Athena, (or anyone else) had both these moves.

3. Make it so inputs stay in the buffer during the GC roll freeze. In past games, you could react to the GC roll screen freeze and stop what you were doing, otherwise you would continue your string and possibly get punished. In XIII, the GC roll freeze virtually nullifies inputs, so even if you input a special, it doesn't come out. To note a specific case, K's cr.B xx flame would actually be punishable by GC rolling the cr.B, but the freeze canceling the inputs makes it so the flame will never come out if you GC roll and he will be safe, without having to react or be mindful of it.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
I guess this kind of thing would only apply if they made console a version 1.2 or something since its system changes, but just some things I've noticed...

1. Pushboxes in the middle of sprites are really skinny, makes cross-ups weirder than they should be, others and I have mentioned this before. Would be nice if they could adjust how close you can get to the middle of a sprite so things aren't as random.

2. Input buffer has some flaws, particularly dp conflicting with half circles in the same direction. As an example, dashing into Athena's command throw produces a dp, and if you have 1 drive stock and it hits, a dp drive canceled into a command throw. Funny story, I saw the CPU do this. Even they can't dash and command throw! This has never been a problem in games where Athena, (or anyone else) had both these moves.

3. Make it so inputs stay in the buffer during the GC roll freeze. In past games, you could react to the GC roll screen freeze and stop what you were doing, otherwise you would continue your string and possibly get punished. In XIII, the GC roll freeze virtually nullifies inputs, so even if you input a special, it doesn't come out. To note a specific case, K's cr.B xx flame would actually be punishable by GC rolling the cr.B, but the freeze canceling the inputs makes it so the flame will never come out if you GC roll and he will be safe, without having to react or be mindful of it.

1. Great observation, I've notice that specially on big characters.

2. Very true, this is one of the reasons I've stopped playing Kyo. I was having too many issues doing hcb+K, during fast paced matches I kept on getting his rdp+K instead which is fatal.

3. I'll pay attention to this next time.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
ive only had the chance to play the slower crappy version of the game, but i def agree with dandy. since i haven't had the chance to play the game in its full glory i cant see all the things wrong with the game. but ive personally noticed points 1 and 2 as well, lol cause cpu athena has the same problems. im guessing 3 must be true as well. i dont know if snkp will fix the in game writing though, but i hope its possible.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
Regarding the extra levels in the iPhone version: I hope they're improved before appearing in the console version.

Of course, the iPhone version doesn't have any background animation, but even then most of these new stages just lack the energy (and spectators) of the main stages. I'd really, really like it if more people could be added to the Esaka stage. Add some stereotypical middle eastern people for the desert stage. Maybe some factory workers for Iori's 95 stage?

I know this is a small thing, but I'd definitely prefer for more consistency between new and old stages.

(Also, funny that Marco is in the background of two stages now [Kyokugen and Jungle]. So he's extra super confirmed to not be a console character.  ;))

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
I know this is a small thing, but I'd definitely prefer for more consistency between new and old stages.

Well, if you just compare France, India or Japan (sumo stage) with new ones like Esaka, Kyokugen dojo or Iori'95 stage is pretty obvious they look very, very different. Is not only about fat/funny people, is the whole art direction. I think even some character sprites are afected by this art direction change if you compare how different look Athena or Leona, even Women Fighters and how indentical to old titles look Kula and K' sprites.

I agree with you, new stages are lacking people (maybe Iori'95's one doesn't need people on background), but even with more people, the art direction change will be obvious since Nona left the project and new art director is more focused in redraw old NeoGeo style in HD more than refresh and change a bit KOF look, as Nona did. Expect more realism, more old-school looking and less fat/funny/modern style.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Doyoudigworms

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
2. THIS!

I can't say much for one and three due to my inexperience with XIII but I can say this buffer problem is something I noticed right away. At first I thought it was maybe a speed issue or poor execution (often the case with mediocre players like myself) but this was considerably different. I found it difficult to do these motions with considerable accuracy. The buffer windows are quite large and the controls are very lenient, personally I like it just as bit tighter with certain motions in KOF. Perhaps if more people speak up this will be addressed.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2011, 04:11:18 AM »
I herd that theres going to be Englesh VA's is this true
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2011, 04:14:46 AM »
I herd that theres going to be Englesh VA's is this true

Based on Orochinagi.com Interview, it seems there isn't going to be. But who knows, it might just been a miss interpretation or something.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2011, 04:17:01 AM »
While I'm not a fan of the idea(ELA VA's for fighting games was never my thing) it would make more people buy the game for some stupid reason.
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???