Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119614 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
man i love how my friend got into the beta and is playing it now but i didn't >_>

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
So how were games like the whole NESTS saga including 2002 not infested with unfair and highly damaging stuff you could do that touched the opponent and it was practically a guaranteed 70% gone from their health bar? '98 runs away from that cuz it's too old (but there still was 50% stuff with the touch of one single hit many characters could do). XIII is the same, as are many fighting games which need cash and try to appeal to people with flashy combos, but a little more controlled and makes your life a little bit hard in order to pull off something pretty damaging.

I'd say XIII provides diversity in combo possibilities and high damage bnbs but harder to do at times. Doesn't take away the fact that it can be a combo fest, but you make it sound as if it was the first time it was like that and we should be discouraged from playing it.

Most of the stuff you refer to don't have as easy setups as KOF XIII has. Unless you are referring to the glitches in games like '00 and the few nasty ones I see in '99 I don't see it a lot. Especially on lag if you could pull off 70% damage combo on the nests saga games my hats off to you but being on KOF games online since '04 and I RARELY see anybody pull a 70% combo like that compared to every other person who can use the easier combo characters online on XIII. Opportunity is one thing, but if there was easy 70% combos out there I'm sure the community would use them.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I wonder if using static mode makes any difference

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Anyone here get selected for the beta test? I got in but I won't get home until 6pm and I have plans tonight so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to try it out today. I'm hearing mixed reports on twitter about the online net code. 

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Online is to a point bad to gauge almost anything. There are various examples of stuff you can pull off in previous KOFs that takes less bars and is as easy to land or more as in XIII. You know there are, so dissing XIII because it has them like in previous versions but with higher requirements isn't fair.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Wow, 30,000 people signed up! That's pretty amazing; I didn't think that was even possible to pull that many numbers world wide for this game. That's good news. That did make it a 1/100 chance of getting into the beta though. Stiff odds.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
SOL, people, SOL. Time for me to jump back on GGPO and just finally accept OG KOFs for online play, lol.

Still getting steam version since I'm tired of carrying my complete set-up (for two) around. Just need a actual gaming laptop. Not going to back to the days of me carrying a desktop set-up while using public transportation. it was and is still for the birds.

I find it kinda strange that Saiki and Billy still need to be unlocked, but it's whatever.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
Online is to a point bad to gauge almost anything. There are various examples of stuff you can pull off in previous KOFs that takes less bars and is as easy to land or more as in XIII. You know there are, so dissing XIII because it has them like in previous versions but with higher requirements isn't fair.

what about the counter hits follow up in XIII?
Example: if you got a counter hit from a CD in XIII although it will push the opponent so far you still can dash forward and follow up another hit even if the other characters almost touched the ground
you dont have that time window on the other proper KOF games..give it a try

what about the damage scaling thing?
a lot of mid level players prefer to just cancel into NEOMAX directly to get easy guaranteed damage instead of doing a long chained combo leading to little more damage

what about juggling all day every day in KOFXIII?

what about the auto-dash on HD activation?
every random hit can be a combo starter now

what about moves that catch a falling character without  being on a counter situation  (Vice EX grab, Elizabith SDM and Takuma EX punches)?
i feel ashamed when other kof player who are trying to learn kofxiii see these broken techniques and show that "WTF" expression.
I will have to tell them: dont worry KOFXIII is good when played at a high level...but I doubt it works

what about Hwa Jai (everything about this character is broken)?

I ve been playing kof since kof96 at least three times a week
the last time i touched KOFXIII was when CafeID Madkof, Poongko and kensouzzang were here because no one is playing it in my city

I just hope the next KOF (If ever will be another one) to be more competitive  than KOFXIII

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The auto dash just simplifies what running forward was for 2k2.

I'll respect your opinion, but XIII is still a competitive game. It's not perfect, but it's definitely good.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Some reports are coming in from Juicebox about the SE beta on NeoGaf. Apparently it's varied.

Okay at 3 bars, 2 bars felt unplayable, 4 bars felt just short of offline, and one 1 bar felt like a 4 bar.
I guess that's a sign of improvement already, and since it's a beta, we might have better improvements to look forward to. I'm sort of glad it's got the same make-up as the console version. If it's actually cheaper to patch the SE, they can probably find the right patch set-up to improve the console versions in one shot, instead of multiples.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77424685&postcount=6068

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77429285&postcount=6070

And while I'm glad we'll hear about a new KOF soon, since the old XIII system is going, I'll miss it. Truth be told, I think it's better than the older KOF's though not by much, just because I've successfully played it and won without the long HD combos. Having the option to do both, even if the HD combos are encouraged, is great for me. But more than anything, as long as they can keep the same level of balance that XIII had is the most important thing the next game can have. It will be harder with more characters and more moves; I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Someone suggest SNKP to do one button configs instead of manually left and right

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Compile a list of features you would like to see in Steam Edition and I'll post it up on the feedback thread.

I still haven't gotten a chance to test the beta version yet but should hopefully get some game time in tonight.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
You're in the beta? Could you suggest a manual networking option where we can openly use 3rd party networking and matchmaking programs

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Misinformed and biased post

So much wrong...

what about the counter hits follow up in XIII?
Example: if you got a counter hit from a CD in XIII although it will push the opponent so far you still can dash forward and follow up another hit even if the other characters almost touched the ground
you dont have that time window on the other proper KOF games..give it a try

So I'm supposed to believe that KOF XIII isn't a "proper" KOF game because of this one change in the mechanics of this game? LMAO

And what's so bad about that anyway?

what about the damage scaling thing?
a lot of mid level players prefer to just cancel into NEOMAX directly to get easy guaranteed damage instead of doing a long chained combo leading to little more damage

Stylistic choice. Some people prefer it, some don't. It's not fair to bash on those who prefer it simply because you or others don't.

what about juggling all day every day in KOFXIII?

What about it? It isn't as bad as you make it out to be, especially considering how it was worse in KOF XI. Plus, to keep juggling in KOF XIII, you always have to spend additional meter/drive to do so.

what about the auto-dash on HD activation?
every random hit can be a combo starter now

As Reiki Kito said, it's just a simplified way of running after MAX activation in '02(UM). So what if any hit can be a combo starter? It takes good reflexes to turn any "random" hit into a combo.

what about moves that catch a falling character without  being on a counter situation  (Vice EX grab, Elizabith SDM and Takuma EX punches)?
i feel ashamed when other kof player who are trying to learn kofxiii see these broken techniques and show that "WTF" expression.
I will have to tell them: dont worry KOFXIII is good when played at a high level...but I doubt it works

Oh. My. God. The sheer stupidity of this claim...

Did you or any of your friends happen to pay attention to the meter bar when you do one of these techniques? In case you haven't, let me tell you what changes: the meter bar goes down. Because those moves can't be done for free. THEY HAVE A COST. You're telling me that a whole bar of meter isn't a fair price for an all-juggle move?

what about Hwa Jai (everything about this character is broken)?

LOL NO

This right here is the red flag that tells me you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Hwa is OP, but not broken. No character in this game is broken. Do you even know what broken means? Because I don't think you do.

I ve been playing kof since kof96 at least three times a week
the last time i touched KOFXIII was when CafeID Madkof, Poongko and kensouzzang were here because no one is playing it in my city

I just hope the next KOF (If ever will be another one) to be more competitive  than KOFXIII

Good for you. If you dislike KOF XIII so much, then just stop talking about it and stop pretending it exists. Go back to playing your beloved KOF predominantly K' mirror matches with endless qcf + P spamming 2002 UM.

I know I can't convince you that your misguided beliefs about harder execution = better and more competitive game are wrong, but I can tell you to stop bashing a great KOF game.

STOP!