Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 41945 times)

StickyStaines

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »
(corner) j.C, s.C, df.B xx (delay) 623B (DC) j.214C, dash 214C(4hits), 623C

50% Drive, 0 Meter and does almost 500 damage. Love that combo.

I always see lots of flashy corner combos with Hwa but you can just do:

j.C, s.C, df.B (HDC) s.C, df.B xx [623C (HD) j.623B]x5, 236236BD

That does like 950+

If you are midscreen then you just do j.214B after the first 623C to take them to the corner and continue the combo.

Easy and reliable.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
Can arcade Hwa do B, d.B, slide, qcb B? Console can, and its a great combo plus tight blockstring. Good for preassure and att

StickyStaines

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »
Slide into qcbB doesn't combo. Not from where i'm testing. Couldn't get it to combo from any of his normals actually. Did his qcbB get a speed buff or something?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
Not sure, maybe its lower angle?

Also, ground CD now hops forward!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »
According to this vid from the gamestop play: The King of Fighters XIII: Gameplay Video #7 EVO 2011 [PS3]

Hwa also looks as if he might have an ;a , ;c target combo / link. While fighting Athena, he does both from a crouch once, and and a bit after that, he links the crouching ;a into a standing ;c. This should be fantastic for TnT punch combos, and a quick way to maintain pressure after those console-only Dragontail pressure combos.

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:30 AM »
I totally love Hwa Jai, but i don't use him in arcade because he's just not balanced, he lacks priority and basic combo and probably everything except damage.

Now that i tried him in console, he's a beast! I for sure will use him as a main in console!

;dn ;db ;bk + ;b /  ;d Comes out faster now, so  ;b version does combo off the sweep.

I didn't knew that  ;a ,  ;c would connect but now that i saw the video i think it's awesome!

The Drinking Special comes out a little bit faster now

the air  ;dn ;fd ;df + ;b comes out faster

The Grab super.... omg...  ;a version doesn't do the hop, it just grabs you!!!! That adds a lot to Hwa, he can now mind play the opponent!

Overall, in my experience, Hwa is awesome now that he's rebalanced. He's faster and has less recovery on mos of his attacks, grab super close and far, it's incredible

Awesome Work SNK!!!

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
I totally love Hwa Jai, but i don't use him in arcade because he's just not balanced, he lacks priority and basic combo and probably everything except damage.

Now that i tried him in console, he's a beast! I for sure will use him as a main in console!

;dn ;db ;bk + ;b /  ;d Comes out faster now, so  ;b version does combo off the sweep.

I didn't knew that  ;a ,  ;c would connect but now that i saw the video i think it's awesome!

The Drinking Special comes out a little bit faster now

the air  ;dn ;fd ;df + ;b comes out faster

The Grab super.... omg...  ;a version doesn't do the hop, it just grabs you!!!! That adds a lot to Hwa, he can now mind play the opponent!

Overall, in my experience, Hwa is awesome now that he's rebalanced. He's faster and has less recovery on mos of his attacks, grab super close and far, it's incredible

Awesome Work SNK!!!

I totally agree! I love using him too he juggles so easily and his aerial dp+K and qcb+K is something he has that joe doesn't. DAMN COOOOOOL! :D
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
Good to hear from one with some Hwa experience! I just had way too much fun playing him, Avatar character colored Hwa + Iron Man Colored Maxima made a great Summer Blockbuster team, lol. Everyone had to learn to respect the Dragon Breaker too. It's a bit odd, as his command throw DM now has the mixup potential that characters like Vice and Clark had in the past...

He just seems like he should have such potential now! Along with having a Buff that apparently has no drawbacks (Unlike Chin drinkin' his defenses down), he just seems so versitile on point!

The new hop ;c ;d should also make it easy for him to get opponents off of him, long enough to get that vital drink.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
Damn right bro! And one time I was able to follow up the hop  ;c;d with an aerial dp. I don't really remember how I managed to do it tho! :)) Aside from benimaru, I really consider Hwa as my 2nd best battery!
I so feel like doin' the drinking team like the past post said but I'm not yet knowledgeable with the other 2 characters. I'll keep on learnin' 'em. It's only been a weeks since I've played, so I got a lot of time! :D gyeah

iamGab

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 12:48:10 AM »
Damn right bro! And one time I was able to follow up the hop  ;c;d with an aerial dp. I don't really remember how I managed to do it tho! :))

You either got a "counter" message after the hop CD, which always allows another juggle in KOF, otherwise you did an Ex version of his air.dp+K which has anywhere-juggle properties.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 03:29:37 AM »
That must be it... I'm able to do it now frequently! :D

iamGab

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
The 1 video of me playing Hwa, taken at Otakon, finally makes it up online! I'm fighting the host of this vid. All I really manage to pull off of note is Hwa's improved combo string + guard pressure, and ;c ;d into EX Dragon Kick. Wish I got instant-throw Dragon Breaker in there too, but alas, it wasn't meant to be! Or... something. Anywho, enjoy!

KOFXIII with Vglounge

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
SAB-CA, is your sig specific to your region? or is it just for mods? if neither are the case, can I get a link to our Hwa sig please? I really like it

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2011, 12:05:36 AM »
SAB-CA, is your sig specific to your region? or is it just for mods? if neither are the case, can I get a link to our Hwa sig please? I really like it

It's just one of many pictures found here, in this great KoF-I Image Gallery provided by Amedo!

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/KOF%20I%20Gallery/

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2011, 12:55:03 AM »
Can arcade Hwa do B, d.B, slide, qcb B? Console can, and its a great combo plus tight blockstring. Good for preassure and att

Sorry for the late reply, that combo only worked in v1.1 if activated Drink Pink DM first.