Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 392207 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1425 on: June 24, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »
Man, I really just don't know if my brain can handle the hype that's gonna be at EVO this year. I might just actually have a heart attack.
In it to win it!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 24, 2012, 12:59:11 AM »
Well if you do, avoid doing it on stream.  Don't think on-screen death will be good for viewing numbers...or will it?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 24, 2012, 01:02:56 AM »
 I get what you mean and you are absolutely right in that case; not much to debate really but I think you could nudge it a bit with respectful reasoning while they are asking and while you are showcasing. You can do it stealthily  without insult or giving them a reason to "look" for the bad part of the game. Thats what I do atleast; most of my friends or should I say all of them really like the game but they dont want to commit to it "too hard too learn" even though I offered to teach them step by step but they feel overwhelmed by what they see.

@davidkong07: I feel the same but not to the verge of a heart attack and I agree with Saitsuo here :P.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40:32 AM »
I don't think SG having 8 characters was primarily a budget constraint. I think it was a time constraint because all of the character animations are hand drawn instead of taking the easy way and doing 3d models and tracing over them.

It had a long development time, i remember seeing the game many, many years ago, around the time of KOF XI and before the announcement of XII.

And after so long the game is lacking in some points  (not gameplay-wise) it definitely means they didn't have a big budget.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 24, 2012, 02:45:09 AM »

It had a long development time, i remember seeing the game many, many years ago, around the time of KOF XI and before the announcement of XII.

And after so long the game is lacking in some points  (not gameplay-wise) it definitely means they didn't have a big budget.

Seriously? I didn't know that. Respect to Mike Z for keeping it going for so long.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 24, 2012, 03:18:10 AM »
Technically, he didn't keep it going so long.  He came in later in the development cycle if I remember correctly (there's some article on SRK documenting what went down before his arrival and a bit after, I think there was some salt).

And yeah, the budget wasn't high...hence why they needed good sales just to get a big patch out (the patch being the size it is so they don't have to do multiple due to the expense).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 24, 2012, 03:28:59 AM »
I thought Mike Z built the engine? Or had a significant hand in the engine?

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 24, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »
I thought Mike Z built the engine? Or had a significant hand in the engine?

Like I said, my memories aren't clear, I might be referring to someone else entirely joining the staff.  I think there's a sufficient post or something in the original Skullgirls thread.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 24, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »

I respect SkullGirls for being an Indie fighting game and it is pretty hard to develop a game let alone a fighting game but unfortunately it's not my piece of cake.

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:46 PM »
I don't think SG having 8 characters was primarily a budget constraint. I think it was a time constraint because all of the character animations are hand drawn instead of taking the easy way and doing 3d models and tracing over them.
Easy way?  I thought  each character took solid 16 month to complete. I wouldnt say that, an "easy way". By the way I cant wait end of Evo, hopefully it would lead an announcement. I'm really want to see their next legit game. So many possibilities.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Easy way?  I thought  each character took solid 16 month to complete. I wouldnt say that, an "easy way". By the way I cant wait end of Evo, hopefully it would lead an announcement. I'm really want to see their next legit game. So many possibilities.

He said INSTEAD of taking the easy way.

And why does everyone expect a new game announcement from someone after EVO?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

Maybe it's the right time to announce a new game; maybe I dont know whats the situation in SNK is and whats the situation in EVO would be or after EVO. Wouldn't you think so?

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »

I still stand by what I say. But I wasnt clear. He said skullgirls didnt take the "easy way" and doing 3D models and tracing over. However KOF did take that way and it is not easy way. Each character took solid 16 months to be complete. So assuming that as an easy way comes to me absurd.

Why after evo?  I think its the perfect time or maybe close to the TGS or at the TGS any announcement might interfere with the growing of Climax. I dont know it feels like to be the perfect time.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 25, 2012, 12:51:03 AM »

I still stand by what I say. But I wasnt clear. He said skullgirls didnt take the "easy way" and doing 3D models and tracing over. However KOF did take that way and it is not easy way. Each character took solid 16 months to be complete. So assuming that as an easy way comes to me absurd.

Why after evo?  I think its the perfect time or maybe close to the TGS or at the TGS any announcement might interfere with the growing of Climax. I dont know it feels like to be the perfect time.

First things first, just because something takes longer, doesn't automatically make it harder.  Now I'm not a graphic designer, and from the sounds of it, neither are you, and I doubt Killey is so I don't think ANYONE should comment on whether any way is "easy" or not.

And secondly, I doubt SNKP really cares about EVo, so why people assume that they would magically make an announcement around it astounds me.  If we get ANY sort of announcement, it'd be at TGS, and even then I really wish people would shut up hoping for new shit all the time.  I swear, people care more about the hype of new shit than actually playing the game.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1439 on: June 25, 2012, 01:52:40 AM »
SNK better start caring about Evo and all of these tournament events.

It's whats keeps these games alive.

SNK needs to interact with the community more.