Author Topic: Who getting MK9?  (Read 23115 times)

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting MK9?
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
So uhh... anyone wanna play games later? lol. PS3 SN- MrGreen-AI
PSN- MrGreen-AI

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:01 AM »
So uhh... anyone wanna play games later? lol. PS3 SN- MrGreen-AI

It is region locked online for some reason, but if you are in Europe i can probably play with you.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »

Waifu Material

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2011, 10:21:53 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_JkoKOpE0

Not bad

Surprising style, kinda looks like Noob + Ermac though more fun than both.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2011, 06:38:02 AM »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
So wait, how are crossups important at all if it's as easy as holding one button? Are people dumb enough to hold down + block while trying to defend against an overhead?

As for BB using more MB concepts, it did. It used more concepts introduced by MB than GG did.
Either way, it's the same community, except BB players are often more retarded.

Framedata in GG means nothing.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
As for BB using more MB concepts, it did. It used more concepts introduced by MB than GG did.

Concepts? I listed concepts. None of them applicable. Come back when you have facts.

Framedata in GG means nothing.

Gunflame - Floats on hit (untechable for 28F). CH state till end of recovery. Chip damage x2. FRC timing 14-15. Flame appears on frame 19. Damage, Active, and Level vary depending on which of the 4 flames hits. Flames appear on frames 21,31,39 and 42. Gunflame can only hit once.

FRC's alone require you to know your character's framedata.

Go play some GGAC.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2011, 03:28:00 AM »
So wait, how are crossups important at all if it's as easy as holding one button? Are people dumb enough to hold down + block while trying to defend against an overhead?

Crossups are important because it is hard to anti air them, so generally when a crossup is set up decently most opponents will be forced to, or atleast probably opt to block it or eat a combo. If the crossup is blocked (wich is probable) the attacker gets to perform whatever mixups he or she is capable of. It is different from how most other 2d fighters work in that the things that are hard to block/tech etc come after the crossup. The crossup itself is really just a safer jump in, but that is why it is good.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
Block it, oh no. Mixups are hard to deal with in a slow paced game like MK. Very very hard bro. /Sarcasm/

GG didn't have numeric-based meter systems, BB does. MB originally used said meter system. Concept was from MB. Noel Vermillion is an obvious visual clone of Sion. I could rant for hours on how it uses things introduced by MB, but I'd rather not.

Knowing framedata doesn't mean that it matters in-game. You know bro, I know some Marvel framedata. It matters in-game since I know the framedata, right? The game is based on framedata? Lolk.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2011, 04:37:43 PM »
do you understand fighters at all remzi? not talking bout mk but in general? its all about frame data, and no you dont have oi know frame data. but yopu at least need to know that if from a certain distance you blocked a certain attack, that if you attack right after the block with say a dp or crouching lk that you can hit them. if you can that means the move they used is safe. you dont need to know the frames to do this, but this is basically all frame data.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
Safe / Unsafe != Knowing all framedata. Plus, depending on the game system, you might be able to punish safe moves. (NGBC's GCFS, KOF's guard-rolling, etc.)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »
http://youtu.be/aaSBkBDcepM

Yeah.... Killer! I grew up on horror films so, I'm fine with this even though it makes the game kinda' like mugen. But I do hope Jason, Leatherface, Pinhead, and Michael Myers will eventually be included. I think Warner may own Jason so I expect that to happen.

I hope they have Freddy yell "Now's the time for prime time bitch!"
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »
MEEEE! Have you guys seen the fatalities and the visual effects of subzero's Ice?!?!?! FRIGGIN DOOOOOOOOPE MAAAAN!!!
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:27 AM »
I will post this here since I don't see this being worthy for a new thread

Has anybody bought MK Kollection?

I did, overall, is cool to had the 3 original MK in one package, but still, I felt that everything else is not really complete

The online isn't that good IMO I played against another player with green bars and even though wasn't unplayable, I was not that comfortable with it.

Also the fact that the game doesn't had training mode is really stupid, it was that hard to program training mode for the 3 games?

Also, something that I don't know if just happens to me, if I press start, and then return, if I keep pressing a direction, the game will not follow up, it seems that after I leave start, I had to press it again, also, even though those are not important, it would been cool to see some extras or something else

So overall, Like I said, is cool to had the 3 games on your console, the scanlines here are better aplied than 3soe, but in the rest, is very ''whatever''

At least if I unlock the characters in UMK3, they will still be unlocked, and also, it was cool than the back button was ''the pause button'' now you can do all those codes that required the use of the start button but that in some games you couldn't because start and pause worked at the same time (some arcade emulations should copy this)

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
I'm probably gonna grab it when I get a PS3 and the glitches get fixed