Samurai Shodown IV/Galford
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[ Info Needed ]|
Special Moves and WFTs
- Throw > 2C
- Throw > 14-hit CD
- Possible on Nakoruru and Rimururu but is exceptionally difficult.
- Back throw > [66A]xN
- Backhit infinite with 66A, with backhit being the only real condition needed. One of the easier infinites in the game, too, once you land the first 66A.
- (During Rage Explosion) j.C > n.5B > Rage SCS (9) > Rage SCS > (9) > Issen
- (Midscreen only) Throw > CD > 214B > j.C > 2C > 3S OTG
- Microwalk for CD. j.C should ideally cross-up with Galford behind the opponent's back. Combos are still possible with a deep-hit j.C on front hit but it's very finnicky to get front hit. With the cross-up j.C, a variety of combos are possible.
- Back throw > 66A > CD > 214B > j.C > 2C > 3S OTG
- Variant of the above combo. Does not work against Nakoruru, Hanzo, Galford, Kyoshiro, Genjuro, and Gaira.
- 14-hit CD (12) xx 214A or 236S
- You can heavy pursuit in the corner after Plasma Blade.
- (Midscreen only) CD > 214B > 66A > 14-hit CD
- Does not work against Nakoruru, Hanzo, Galford, Kyoshiro, Genjuro, and Gaira. 214B disables the opponent's pushbox, so if you time doing 66A right, you will connect a backhit just after you side-switch. From there, go ham with the combo system.
- (Midscreen only) [CD > 214B > j.C]xN
- Does not work on Nakoruru, Hanzo, Galford, Kyoshiro, Genjuro, and Gaira. Every j.C must cross-up for the infinite to work. You can also convert into Galford's 66A infinite if you wish during the middle of it.
- (Corner) CD > 214B > 14-hit CD (12) xx 236S > 8S OTG
- Backhit 66A > 2B xx 236S > 8S OTG
- Pursuit is only possible in the corner. A simple but effective anti-air combo with good reward if you time 66A on backhit just right. Just run under the opponent and time 66A.
- Back throw > 66A > CD > 236C or WFT > 3S OTG
- The light pursuit is limited to only the corner after 236C.
- Back throw > [66P > 236A/B]xN
- Unarmed infinite combo that can be started from a throw. Despite being unarmed, it still does really high damage and since 236A/B doesn't knock down, it can be linked from on backhit for combo extensions. When you reach the corner, you can convert to the combo below.
- (Corner) Back throw > [236A/B]xN
- Unarmed Plasma Factor backhit infinite. Kills at around 7-8 hits. While the link isn't lenient, it's still pretty easy to time once you learn the first two hits since it's a consistent rhythm. You don't even have to worry about being pushed back, either. Both characters stay in place.
- 14-hit CD (12) xx 236C or WFT
- Standard Bust Galford BnB to default to. Respectable damage, only downside is 236C side-switching on hit every time, but it works on everyone at least.
- 66P > 236A/B
- Simple unarmed combo that still does okay damage by itself. Be careful as to not accidentally do 623X due to the inputs.