Samurai Shodown IV/Jubei
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[ Info Needed ]|
Special Moves and WFTs
- Throw > 5B xx 236A
- Throw > n.5C
- Only works against Galford, Gaira, Amakusa, and Tam Tam.
- Throw > 14-hit CD
- Only works against Ukyo, Amakusa, and Tam Tam.
- 2B xx 236A
- Backhit n.5C > 5B xx 236A > 8S OTG
- Will not work as Bust Jubei during rage.
- (During Rage Explosion) j.C > n.5B > Rage SCS (9) > n.5A > Rage SCS (9) > n.5A > Rage SCS (6) > 236A
- Backhit n.5B xx 623C > 2S or 8S OTG
- Backhit n.5C > 5B xx 236A > 66S or 8S OTG or Issen
- Basara only combo. While backhit (n.)5B xx 236A will combo against all characters, you cannot follow-up with Issen or dash attacks, only pursuits. If you time 66C right, you can actually restand Basara with another backhit. More combos possible from 66C restand, maybe?
- Backhit n.5B xx 236A > [66C restand xx 236A]xN
- Basara only, proof of concept infinite. When timing 66C just right, it will restand Basara on backhit, and because it's cancellable, you can then follow-up with another 236A which relaunches Basara. Timing the 66C restand is difficult, because it's also frame perfect, so maybe not completely practical, but each individual hit does good damage so it doesn't take many reps to kill, either.
- CD BBC xx WFT
- Works anywhere, however it requires being right next to the opponent. In the corner, it works against all characters, but midscreen, it drops against Rimururu, Galford, Ukyo, Genjuro, and Tam Tam. If the very first active frame of the last C is not cancelled, the combo will drop. There is zero leniency with this combo, so unless your execution is very good, it's not worth attempting.
- Throw > CD (whiff cancel 2nd hit) xx WFT
- Does not work against Kyoshiro, Hanzo, Nakoruru, or Rimururu. For this combo to work, after Jubei lands the first hit of CD, he must perform the second hit and immediately whiff cancel it into WFT before the active frames come out. The WFT combos into the initial hit of CD where the hitstun is significantly higher. If the second hit of CD connects, the opponent will recover in time and be able to block Jubei's WFT leaving him wide open for a punish. Think of it like a plink or kara cancel when performing the whiff cancel.